John Wesley Shipp (born January 22, 1955) is an American actor. He portrays Henry Allen and Jay Garrick/The Flash on . He is notable for previously portraying Barry Allen/The Flash in the 1990s series . He reprised that role in the crossover event.
The Flash (CBS)
The Flash (The CW)
- "" The Flash (uncredited)
- On , Shipp portrayed Henry Allen in the first three seasons, and Jay Garrick/The Flash in the subsequent recent seasons.
- Along with the actors Colton Haynes and JR Bourne and the actor Tyler Hoechlin, Shipp appeared in the TV show Teen Wolf.
- Archive footage of Shipp as Barry Allen from the 1990s series can be seen on another Earth in "".
- Although Shipp portrayed Jay Garrick, it is unknown who portrayed the character (as the Man in the Iron Mask) in previous episodes.
- Shipp portraying Barry Allen in the 1990 series of the same name, while having portrayed the same character's father in the 2014 series of the same name is parallel to how Helen Slater portrayed Kara Zor-El/Supergirl in the 1984 film of the same name, but currently plays Supergirl's mother in the current series, which is linked to the current Flash series via shared multiverse.
- Ironically, both actors' character's direct relation, as well as their role and involvement in their superhero children's' lives, are quite opposite. Henry Allen is Barry Allen's biological father and was wrongfully arrested when Barry was a child, which led to Barry growing up without him and could never see him outside of visits to his prison, until he was finally released. Eliza Danvers on the other hand is Kara Danvers's adoptive mother who Kara spent most of her life with (if one doesn't count the 24 years she spent sleeping in the Phantom Zone), and heavily influenced Kara's upbringing and blending into the human lifestyle.
- Shipp also provided the voice for Eobard Thawne/Professor Zoom in the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.