Advanced Research Group United Support, simply known as A.R.G.U.S., is a research group and special ops division of the United States government, charged with the task of taking down terrorist threats in secrecy and without public knowledge. However they are willing to let vigilantes such as Green Arrow and the Flash operate in their respective cities without interference, as their work does have significant benefit.
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Known members
- 4 Known allies
- 5 Known enemies
- 6 Appearances
- 6.1 Arrow
- 6.2 The Flash
- 6.3 DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 6.4 Batwoman
- 6.5 Comics
- 6.6 The Chronicles of Cisco
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 References
Under the leadership of the immoral Amanda Waller, the organization became very corrupt if not excessive in its methods, as they became no better than the very threats they are supposed to protect the U.S. from, committing unspeakable acts with no regard for human life, this includes the extortion of whomever is convenient to their benefits, usually threatening their family members if they don't comply, they also used felons for Task Force X to carry out life-threatening operations in exchange for working off their sentencing, they were even willing to order a drone to destroy Star City in order to stop Slade Wilson's army from leaving. When meta-humans started emerging, A.R.G.U.S. even began to study them in order to weaponize their powers.
Following the death of Amanda, Lyla Michaels becomes the new director of A.R.G.U.S., reforming the organization, as everything they do is now based on morals, principles and the value of human life, as they are no longer using criminals or unwilling individuals for their benefit, it also seeks to rehabilitate criminals instead of weaponize them. However, at the same time, Lyla's new position of authority also has forced her into various difficult situations, sometimes making decisions that would more closely follow Amanda's protocol, such as holding dangerous terrorists in prison without trials or stealing secrets and technology from even allies.
A.R.G.U.S has been using the same flanking patterns for years, so much so that Oliver was able to identify A.R.G.U.S agents simply by their behavior, observed during his past experiences with them.
Oliver Queen has occasionally interfered in A.R.G.U.S. business and does not trust their intentions for good reason; due to his bad experiences with the organization in the past.
The main A.R.G.U.S. building was then secured with new security cards, access codes and retinal scanners, as well as advanced meta-human power dampeners; however, it does not affect all meta-human powers, such as Barry Allen, who has become immune such tech; due to him spending six months inside the Speed Force.
In an erased future, by 2042, A.R.G.U.S. became a publicized organization that policed cities with flying drones and had the power to declare martial law. It was also the center of the Anti-Meta-human Act, a new restriction started in 2021 where it was illegal to be a meta-human. Meta-humans were captured and placed in A.R.G.U.S. holding facilities, subjected to a series of experiments.
- Quentin Lance
- Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Team Flash
- Sara Lance/White Canary (leader; stealth, infiltration, pilot and field agent)
- Ava Sharpe (field agent)
- Ray Palmer/The Atom (scientist, stealth, air support and field agent)
- Nora Darhk/Fairy Godmother (magic consultant, wish-granter and field agent)
- Nate Heywood/Steel (historian and field agent)
- Behrad Tarazi (technician and field agent)
- Mick Rory/Heat Wave (stealth, arsonist and field agent)
- John Constantine
- Gary Green
- Charlie (magical creatures expert and field agent)
- Gideon (Waverider A.I. system)
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary (member of Team Arrow; deceased)
- Team Arrow
- Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash
- Ninth Circle
- Longbow Hunters
- Zari Tomaz (as of 2042)
- Malcolm Byrd (incarcerated)
- Adrian Chase/Prometheus (deceased)
- Joseph Cray (incarcerated)
- Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker (deceased)
- Shay Lamden/King Shark (incarcerated; turned temporary into "guard" of A.R.G.U.S.; turned ally again)
- Grodd (incarcerated and comatose)
- Ramsey Rosso Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork
- Shay Lamden/King Shark (non-canon; incarcerated)
- Cheetah (incarcerated)
- Ninth Circle
- Ricardo Diaz's criminal organization
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow: Season 2.5
The Flash: Season Zero
The Chronicles of Cisco
- A.R.G.U.S. is aware of most of the identities of Team Arrow and Team Flash. They're are also aware of the Legends.
- In an erased version of 2042, A.R.G.U.S. had outlawed religion.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics multiverse, A.R.G.U.S. (which stands for Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans) unites super-humans in a world in which they're not seen as normal.
- A.R.G.U.S. has also carried over in the DC Arrowverse (which now stands for Advanced Research Group United Support).
- The building which A.R.G.U.S.' headquarters is based out of is the Capital Museum in real life.
|Other versions of A.R.G.U.S.|
|To see other versions of this organization, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of A.R.G.U.S..|