Advanced Research Group United Support, initialized as A.R.G.U.S., is a research group running in the United States. They are on a major manhunt for Nyssa al Ghul. They're also the organization behind the formation of the Task Force X - felons working off their life sentences by running missions for A.R.G.U.S..
A.R.G.U.S was formed by the government to deal with major threats like the League of Assassins or the Church of Blood, they also deal with highly dangerous criminals and recruit some of them, (or at least, the one's they can control) for their Suicide Squad.
- Floyd Lawton, codename Deadshot
- Harley Quinn
- Ben Turner, codename Bronze Tiger
- Carrie Cutter, codename Cupid
- Mark Scheffer, codename Shrapnel (deceased)
- John Diggle, codename Freelancer (temporary)
- Mark Shaw
- Oliver Queen (temporary; unwillingly)
Arrow: Season 2.5
- In the DC Comics multiverse, A.R.G.U.S. (which stands for Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans) unites super-humans in a world in which they're not seen as normal.
- In the DC Comics multiverse, Amanda Waller is the leader of A.R.G.U.S.; it is unknown if she is the leader of the organization on Arrow. However, as she refers to Lyla Michaels as one of her "assets", it is likely that she is, and by the end of season 2 she has not been shown reporting directly to anyone.
- It is revealed in "" that A.R.G.U.S. is well aware of Oliver Queen's secret identity, The Arrow, and they know that John Diggle works with him.
- It is also revealed that A.R.G.U.S. is fully aware of Sara Lance's secret identity, The Canary.
- The building which A.R.G.U.S.' headquarters is based out of is the Capital Museum in real life.
- The name derives from the Greek mythological figure of Argus Panoptes, a giant with 100 eyes, whose task was to guard the transformed nymph Io (now a heifer) from Zeus. Argus was slain by Hermes, and in her sorrow at his loss, Hera, who had employed him, had his eyes set in the tail of the peacock, which became her bird and symbol.