The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
fifth season of , and the ninety-fifth episode overall. It aired on October 19, 2016.
|Now that Oliver has his new team, they are ready to hit the streets but Oliver doesn't feel they are ready. Headstrong Wild Dog defies the Green Arrow's orders and sets out on his own after a new drug dealer, Derek Sampson, who is terrorizing Star City. Sampson proves more powerful than Wild Dog and it is up to the Green Arrow to go head to head with Sampson to save his teammate.|
Preparation ran from July 8 until July 26, 2016. Shooting ran from July 27 until August 8, 2016, with a break for British Columbia Day on August 1.
- The drug Stardust was named after Cody Runnels' former WWE alter ego.
- This episode references and quotes a number of famous writers and performers, such as Tupac, Mark Twain and William Shakespeare:
- While playing cards, Floyd Lawton exclaims, "My kingdom for a heart", referencing the line "My kingdom for a horse" in William Shakespeare's Richard III.
- Felicity comments that "heavy is the head that wears the crown", claiming that she's referencing either Shakespeare or Tupac. While referring to the former, from Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part 2, the quote is in fact "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"; as for the latter, there is no similar quote attributed to Tupac Shakur.
- Derek Sampson references Mark Twain while saying "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated", a popular paraphrase of Twain's actual words: "The report of my illness grew out of his illness; the report of my death was an exaggeration".
- When Derek opens a fire lighter on his left arm, he references the scene from Lethal Weapon, his favorite movie, when Mr. Joshua also opens a fire lighter on his left arm.
- Sampson is referred to as a "new zombie", referencing what had happened to Tony Woodward/Girder in the episode "".
- Curtis mentions Terry Sloane, who was Mister Terrific in the Golden Age era.
- Oliver complimenting Rene's hockey mask while in the elevator is a nod to Stephen Amell's role as Casey Jones in the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
- This episode marks Josh Segarra's first episode where he is credited in the main cast bill, and continued to be credited for the remainder of Season 5.
|"" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.