- For other uses of Prometheus, see Prometheus (disambiguation).
- "You won. Your son has his father back, and he learned exactly who his father was, just like you learned who your father was right here... on these very same waters. William's younger than you were, so he's gonna be fine, you know... and you have each other... which is good. Oliver, that's good, because it's gonna be lonely... without Mom and Felicity."
- —Adrian Chase's final words to Oliver Queen[src]
Simon Morrison (April 21, 1986–May 17, 2017), better known as Adrian Chase, was the former District attorney of Star City and a former close collaborator/friend of Oliver Queen as mayor, helping him in cleaning up the streets through the legal system. He was the serial killer who was calling himself Prometheus, and not only knew that Oliver is Green Arrow, but had a personal vendetta against him as well. Having lost his father four years ago at the hands of the Hood, Adrian desired retribution, and spent his time afterward studying The Hood's skills and history, while also uncovering Oliver's true identity as Green Arrow. In his alter-ego, Prometheus crusaded against Green Arrow in order to destroy the vigilante's life and legacy. He had also been labeled by the media as the "Throwing Star Killer" for murdering people whose names formed anagrams of individuals on the List using shurikens made from Oliver's discarded arrows as a form of sending a twisted message to him.
Eventually, Chase was defeated by Oliver where he was temporarily taken into custody by A.R.G.U.S. After a short time spent in a glass-walled prison, he managed to escape to Lian Yu. After facing off with Oliver in battle once again, he was defeated but he died by suicide in time triggering the detonator which in turn set off all of the hidden bombs situated throughout the island.
Preparing for his crusade
After Claybourne was murdered by the Hood in 2012, Simon sought vengeance upon the elusive vigilante. Dropping off the grid completely and erasing all traces of his existence from the internet, and taking on the fake identity "Adrian Chase", he researched his target and learned everything he could. In his research, Adrian discovered his target's identity and obsessively studied, learning everything he could about the man and his allies. In his research, he became aware of the existence of The List, a book of Starling City individuals with ties to Malcolm Merlyn, which included Claybourne. This led to Adrian believing that Oliver was really a serial killer and Oliver's righteous crusade was a lie to justify a killing spree and therefore poisons the lives of those Oliver cares for and swore to make his target suffer. At some point, Adrian met and fell in love with Doris, and they later became husband and wife.
In early 2015, Adrian sought out Talia al Ghul (Oliver's former mentor) to learn the League of Assassins' ways. Impressed that Adrian deduced Oliver's identity on his own, Talia accepted his request who was now equally vengeful towards Oliver for killing Ra's al Ghul. Through Talia, Adrian also learned more about Oliver's past including activities on Lian Yu, Hong Kong, and Russia. He also became aware of William Clayton. Adrian also somehow became aware of the existence of time travel and the multiverse as well as Team Flash's pipeline prison and the Waverider, indicating that he is aware the identities of Barry Allen/The Flash and the Legends led by Sara Lance/White Canary.
After acquiring the skills needed from Talia, Adrian armed himself with an array of weapons forged from The Hood's discarded arrows kept in the Star City Police Department evidence lockup. Adrian also began using a suit strikingly similar to Oliver's suit as the Hood but with darker colors and with a full face mask, adopting the name "Prometheus". Adrian chose that name because of Prometheus' role in Greek mythology in taking away power from the judge, jury and executioner gods. After Oliver became mayor, Adrian became a lawyer and eventually succeeded Wallace as District attorney of Star City to get become personally acquainted with Oliver and keep closer tabs. Adrian was building a case against Derek Sampson with the intent of flipping Derek so the drug dealer would give up the names of suppliers.
Beginning his crusade
Five months following Damien Darhk's death, Adrian began his crusade by targeting individuals in Star City whose names formed anagrams to other names on The List. His first target was Lieutenant Conahan. When Conahan was leaving the SCPD precinct, Prometheus is noticed on the rooftop. Mistaking him for Green Arrow, Conahan asked how to help him but is shot by an arrow. Conahan painfully tried to shoot back but Prometheus dodged the shots, leaped to the ground and threw a shuriken to disarm. As Conahan tried to flee, Prometheus threw a knife into his victim's leg, knocking the cop down. As Conahan desperately tried to crawl away, Prometheus slowly walked up, sword in hand. When asked if he was Green Arrow, Prometheus coldly replied that he wasn't and killed Conahan.
Conflict with Tobias Church
A few nights later, Adrian learned of Green Arrow's encounter with crime lord Tobias Church amidst an illegal deal with AmerTek Industries, where the crime lord almost killed Green Arrow. In response, Prometheus stalked Church at Club XLR8 and killed two bodyguards. While Church mistook him for the Green Arrow and laughed in amusement, Prometheus threw an ax into Church's shoulder, leaped to the ground and slammed Church into the pavement. Prometheus angrily told Church being aware of Church's attempt to kill the Green Arrow. Warning Church that the former is his to kill and if Church ever tried to do it again, the crime lord would die as well.
After learning that Rene Ramirez supposedly killed Sampson, Adrian went to confront Oliver about this (officially becoming acquainted) and is told about what happened to Sampson. After Sampson turned out to be alive, Adrian asked for Oliver to get Judge Pittson to allow Adrian to obtain a warrant to search Sampson's known hideouts. After he agreed, Adrian told Oliver about the first time they met, when Oliver picked up his girlfriend, but he ironically reassured Oliver that he doesn't hold grudges. Later, Green Arrow's new team apprehended Sampson which pleased Adrian as he informed Oliver and Thea Queen of this.
A few days later, during a meeting at the mayor's office, Adrian met the new deputy mayor Quentin Lance and said that working together would be a pleasure. While Quentin was surprised, Adrian said that he doesn't blame Quentin for working with Darhk as Darhk had threatened Laurel Lance/Black Canary. He explained public service wasn't easy and that, sometimes, getting a little dirty was inevitable in order to clean it up. When Team Arrow apprehended Sergio Espinoza and stole a package from Palmer Technologies, Adrian and Quentin personally delivered the package to the SCPD evidence locker; the evidence instead turned out to be a disguised bomb, causing an explosion that allowed Church's men to infiltrate and steal weapons from the evidence locker.
Later that night, Adrian interrogated Espinoza at the Anti-Crime Unit headquarters, threatening to beat the information out due to Espinoza's refusal to talk. Initially, Espinoza didn't take Adrian's threat seriously due to his position as a District attorney, but Adrian reminded Espinoza that justice in Star City is dealt by vigilantes. Before the interrogation could go further, Church's men attacked the ACU and killed several of the guards all while trapping Adrian and Espinoza inside the building. Suddenly, Ragman planted a bomb on the wall and absorbed the ensuing explosion, Mr. Terrific, Wild Dog and Artemis emerged from the hole that was created and escorted Adrian and the other ACU members out of the building to safety. Later, Adrian informed Quentin and Thea of the incident but hadn't been able to find Wild Dog who had been kidnapped during the attack. Adrian then told them that he'd re-evaluated his view on vigilantes and started to trust Team Arrow more.
Angry that Church had ignored his warnings and kidnapped Wild Dog, Prometheus confronted Church. When Prometheus attempted to kill with an arrow, Church's bodyguard protected from the attack. Prometheus reminded Church this is his second warning and wouldn't be given a third and left. After Church was arrested following a defeat by Green Arrow and being transferred to Iron Heights, Prometheus attacked the convoy of escorting police cars. After slaughtering the escorting officers, he confronted Church in the police van. Church futilely tried pleading to be spared by revealing Green Arrow's identity, unaware Prometheus already knew. When Church asked if they were cool, Prometheus threw a shuriken into Church's neck, killing the crime lord and replied that they were, then left the scene of his slaughter.
War with Team Arrow
With Green Arrow now aware of his existence after being informed by Church prior to the crime lord's death, Prometheus lured Green Arrow and Spartan to a construction site, using Church's cell phone to lure them out. After they tracked the phone, Prometheus called it, heavily breathing into the phone, as Green Arrow answered. He then ignited a message on the ground: "SO IT BEGINS". From there, Prometheus continued killing civilians to form more anagrams of individuals on the List including Peter Meld and Gay Eked. Their names, along with Conahan's and Church's, all spelled out anagrams of Oliver's previous victims: Adam Hunt, Ted Gaynor, Palmer Cokes and Sachi Beech. Adrian later went to the scene of Gay's murder where he "met" Green Arrow and told him everything he knew about the victims; Green Arrow oblivious that the target is in plain sight.
Later Susan Williams reported on Prometheus' killings on the news which Adrian told Oliver was a disaster. After Susan dubbed him the "Throwing Star Killer", Adrian admitted to Oliver that it had a "certain flair". Finding more six more potential victims after discovering Prometheus' pattern, Team Arrow sent a member to each one. Prometheus went after a train driver but is confronted by Artemis. They entered into a duel where Artemis managed to cut Prometheus' right arm, before Green Arrow came to Artemis' rescue, shooting an arrow into his back. Instantly recognizing it as an explosive arrow, Prometheus threw it onto the roof where it exploded and Prometheus escaped through the hole made but left a bomb which blew up the train, though Green Arrow and Artemis ultimately escaped with the train driver. Later, Prometheus sneaked into Quentin's apartment and left a cut on Quentin's right arm while passed out from alcoholism just like the cut Artemis gave Prometheus and left a shuriken to implicate.
Sometime after Prometheus' encounter with Artemis, he sought Artemis out after deducing Artemis' identity as Evelyn Sharp. Prometheus manipulated Evelyn into betraying Oliver, as Evelyn had become resentful after learning Oliver was the Hood, a murderer of several people she knew, promising to let Evelyn watch when he finally killed Green Arrow. Recruiting Evelyn to his cause allowed Prometheus to learn the identities of every Team Arrow member as well as information on their personal lives and loved ones. While trying to find bank robber Eric Dunn before the elusive Vigilante did, Adrian interrogated arrested associate Laura Buser. When Buser simply told him to go to hell, he gave a cold stare and replied that he'd been to hell, and slammed his hand into Buser's mask to intimidate and gave up Eric's location. As Adrian told Oliver that Eric's hiding out at Papp Motel and Oliver went to inform the ACU while Adrian secured a warrant to search the area. Later after Team Arrow defeated Vigilante, Prometheus met Artemis alone on a rooftop, where Artemis assured him of not being followed and told him that Team Arrow didn't suspect Evelyn's true allegiance.
In December 2016, Prometheus went to Central City, where he broke into S.T.A.R. Labs without setting off any alarms and freed Laurel Lance/Black Siren to taunt Oliver. With Earth Two Laurel grateful and agreeing to serve him, Prometheus told vital information on Earth-One Laurel's life, informing of the Waverider and the Legends and a cover story of being brought back by Sara and transported to the present. While Earth-Two Laurel was reluctant to aid him after learning that one of his targets was Quentin, he promised to spare Quentin in exchange for obedience and complied. Team Flash would be unaware of the breakout for almost 3 days.
First encounter with Green Arrow
During Christmas, Prometheus sharpens his weapons in his hideout. He's approached by Evelyn with photographs and addresses of Felicity Smoak and Rory Regan. Evelyn then asked Prometheus to be there when he killed Oliver, but Prometheus stated that he didn't intend to kill Oliver, only to make his nemesis wish to be dead. Prometheus later attacked Curtis Holt at the mayor's Christmas party and Paul Holt, effortlessly defeating Curtis and injecting with Dycloseral, making Oliver and Team Arrow aware that he knew their secret identities.
At Claybourne Pharmaceuticals, Prometheus confronted Green Arrow and engaged in a battle, managing to hold his own for a bit and showing off a technique Talia had taught them both. Suddenly, Wild Dog shot his katana out of his hand, causing Artemis to intervene and reveal their allegiance. As Green Arrow and Wild Dog stood in shock, Artemis fired a smoke arrow to cover their escape. While investigating Claybourne Pharmaceuticals, Detective Billy Malone discovered a photograph of a baby (Simon) which is sent to Felicity before Prometheus apprehended Billy. Adrian later told Oliver of Billy's abduction and insisted that the ACU have a shoot to kill order placed on Prometheus which Oliver agreed to. Tracking Prometheus to the AK Desmond Group where Oliver killed Claybourne, Green Arrow discovered that Prometheus had staged the hallways with bodies to recreate the scene of Oliver's victims he'd killed when pursuing Claybourne before confronting Prometheus in the exact spot in which Oliver killed Claybourne. Prometheus asked if the Green Arrow had even hesitated when Oliver killed Claybourne or his father was merely another name on the List, but as Green Arrow told him he was there if he wanted revenge, Prometheus replied that his crusade was about so much more than simple revenge.
They engaged in a fight before landing crashing into one of the building's floors. Secretly over a wireless speaker, Prometheus told Green Arrow that he knows everything about his nemesis and is going to show everyone that everything Oliver touches dies. Having dressed Billy in his suit beforehand, Prometheus managed to trick Green Arrow into killing Billy in order to prove his point, telling him over the wireless speaker attached to Billy that everyone Oliver loved would die. Imitating Lyla Michaels's voice, Adrian tricked John Diggle into returning to the safe-house John's family were staying in and tipped off the F.B.I. which allowed them to recapture John. After this, Prometheus sent Laurel to confront Team Arrow roughly 3 days after his break out of S.T.A.R. Labs.
Exonerating Diggle and working with Black Siren
Eventually, Laurel's cover was blown but as Laurel asked why couldn't they just killed them, Prometheus furiously tackled the metahuman. Choking Laurel's throat tight enough to prevent using the screaming power against him, Prometheus reminded that Laurel's freedom and life were contingent on following his orders. Terrified, Black Siren agreed and fell in line. Adrian is later called to Oliver's office, informing him of John's arrest of being wrongfully imprisoned for illegal arms dealing of a nuclear trigger set up General J.G. Walker, and wanted Adrian to represent John. Adrian's initially skeptical but agreed. Adrian visited John and said he's representing but as Walker appeared to transport John into custody, he insisted to Adrian that Walker would simply falsify an excuse to kill him to cover his tracks. Adrian then tried to delay Walker with various regulations but Walker told Adrian of having the Attorney General on speed dial and threatened to have him disbarred unless John was placed in Walker's custody within 24 hours.
Later when Black Siren escaped Team Arrow's custody, Prometheus went to meet up with Black Siren. Encountering Ragman, he quickly knocked Ragman out before confronting Green Arrow, which leads to another fight between the two. Green Arrow threw a drugged-dart at Prometheus before firing a cable-arrow at him, hoping to restrain and finally capture him. Prometheus instead shrugged off the drug and reacted quick enough for the cable to wrap around his arm rather than his whole body as intended. Breaking the cables with his sword, Prometheus told the archer he had a tolerance to the drug and they continued their fight. After seeing Felicity being confronted by Black Siren, Prometheus tauntingly said to choose between him or Felicity, concluding the ordeal by kicking Green Arrow through a wooden wall to where Black Siren and Felicity were, before escaping as Black Siren is captured again.
To ensure John wasn't placed in prison, Adrian told John to punch him and pretended to try and fight back as the guards restrain, having instructed them to, as Walker saw this happen. Adrian then reminded Walker that if a prisoner committed an offense against the District attorney within his jurisdiction, he could personally oversee the matter and reminded Walker it "could take a while". This allowed Adrian to delay John's transportation into Walker's custody by one week. Adrian discovered from a friend at the National Security Agency they were investigating Walker, including the involvement with the nuke, but Walker's associates made sure the information remained classified and beyond Adrian's reach. Later, Adrian received the NSA's case against Walker from an anonymous source (Felicity) and a judge pleading for a motion to dismiss, and Adrian is able to get John released on bail.
Oliver later held a conference to make John's exoneration public and to commend Adrian's actions. Susan Williams hoped to get an exclusive on Billy's death, though Adrian said he had no comment as he'd told the other reporters. After a gunman attacked City Hall and shot Adrian, he was taken to hospital but recovered quickly, though Doris gets concerned about his well-being and tried unsuccessfully to convince him to take some more rest instead of coming immediately back to work. After discovering the shooter as James Edlund, a man who had lost his family to a mall shooting years before, Adrian discussed people's rights to wield firearms with Oliver. Though skeptical to allow civilians to have easier access to firearms, Oliver eventually agreed with Adrian and after much discussion with councilwoman Emily Pollard adjusted the firearms law, allowing people better protection.
Attacking the Queen administration
After Oliver visited Amanda for his name, Adrian sent a letter to SCPD Captain Frank Pike containing the autopsy report for Detective Malone's true cause of death, thus Pike ordered the Anti-Crime Unit to arrest Green Arrow for Billy's death. Adrian is later present when Oliver and Quentin tried to convince Pike that the Green Arrow is innocent, though initially refused to listen as Green Arrow still killed a member of ACU. Despite this, Oliver is successful in getting Pike to stop this pursuit after talking sense, to which Adrian leaked the mayor's office's role in covering up Billy's death to the media which was then broadcasted by Channel 52 News, in order to end Oliver's administration as mayor.
Discrediting Green Arrow
Adrian offered his letter of resignation in order to take full responsibility for the cover-up, but Oliver denied his request and instead insisted that Adrian represent as a lawyer at the hearing. While Adrian agreed, he reminded Oliver that the circumstances would call for someone to take the fall. At the hearing, Adrian and Oliver watched as the coroner confessed to filing a false report on Billy's death to Councilman Collins, and as Captain Pike told them of Oliver's vouching for the Green Arrow. After the first stage of the hearing, Oliver, Thea, Quentin and Detective Dinah Drake left for the office, though their limo is attacked by Vigilante which left them all injured. Adrian gave his reassurances to delay the hearing in light of the attack while making Oliver accept medical treatment while declining. Adrian confronted Dinah finding a broken piece of Vigilante's visor and offered to take this piece back to the precinct.
Later, Prometheus encountered Vigilante on a rooftop (presumably using the tech from the visor to locate) and warned that Oliver is his to take down, though Vigilante wanted to kill Oliver first and they came to conflict. Clearly being the superior combatant, Prometheus overpowered Vigilante and forced his opponent off the rooftop, though somehow Vigilante survived and fled. Unmasking, Adrian then called 911 and informed them of Vigilante's sighting. Later Adrian talked to Pike over the various vigilante sightings and if they were simply delaying Star City's inevitable fate, though Adrian reminded that delaying the inevitable was part of their job. As he kept Pike busy with small talk, Adrian slipped the piece of Vigilante's visor back to Dinah.
At Oliver's office, Adrian offered to take the fall for everything, but Oliver refused to accept this, though Adrian reminded that someone needed to be discredited or Oliver would lose this job; Oliver decided to offer up the Green Arrow. Adrian stood by Oliver, Thea, Quentin, and Dinah as Oliver gave a speech to the public discrediting Green Arrow with Billy's murder. Afterward, Adrian informed Oliver that Collins has ruled against ending Oliver's administration. Oliver immensely thanked Adrian for this and Adrian reassured Oliver that he didn't do it just because Oliver was his boss, but because he was a "friend". Later, Adrian confronted Susan and said he supposedly had an exclusive, sickly joking that it is a "matter of life and death".
Discovered by Team Arrow
Afterward, he kidnapped and held Susan in an abandoned hotel rigged with explosives. Prometheus then filmed Susan tied to a chair and tearfully screaming in fear, as he held a knife to his captive's throat, tauntingly telling the woman to scream for him again. Anticipating that Team Arrow would use Amanda against him as leverage, Adrian had Amanda relocated and left the film of him and Susan playing on a continuous loop for Team Arrow to find. Adrian is later informed by Talia that Oliver was aware of his true identity as Talia had told Oliver to make suffer, though Adrian is glad Oliver now finally knew. As Adrian is in a board meeting discussing the drug trade, Oliver returned and Adrian discreetly taunted about Oliver's inability to confront him, asking if Oliver's "been asleep this whole time".
Adrian is later confronted by Green Arrow in a parking garage, firing several arrows at his car in a failed attempt to intimidate him. Adrian is disappointed that Green Arrow wanted to arrest instead of kill, however, Green Arrow firmly wasn't going to kill him if only that's what he wanted to happen. Adrian then told Green Arrow he had Susan hostage but warned that if he dies or doesn't get back in time, Susan will die of starvation and dehydration, nor was he concerned with the idea of torture as it would have the same results. Green Arrow let Adrian go as he pridefully taunted that he was 10 steps ahead of a game Green Arrow still didn't understand and laughed as he left the scene.
Later Adrian ran into Quentin and Rene (also now aware) and told them he liked this better with everyone knowing who he is now. While Quentin and Rene promised to kill him, Adrian taunted by reminding that threatening a city official was a felony and that he is only getting started with his plans and reminded the two to get back to work, leaving them powerless to do anything. Anticipating that Oliver would try to use Doris as leverage, Adrian tipped the ESU which arrived in time and stopped Green Arrow from getting near Doris. Adrian later attended a press conference to inform the public of Green Arrow's "attempted kidnapping" of Doris as retaliation for these recent "crimes". Because of this, Oliver was forced to publicly order Green Arrow to be brought in within 24 hours, or the S.C.P.D. would hunt the vigilante down but this was also a discreet threat to Adrian himself.
After somehow learning that Oliver gave information on his original identity to Pike, Adrian (disguised as a homeless man) approached and stabbed Pike, putting the captain in a coma. Adrian visited Pike in a hospital as Oliver arrived who promised to kill Adrian as soon as Susan was found. Adrian wasn't threatened by Oliver's words and reminded Oliver that Susan would be dead if he died, as much as Moira Queen, Tommy Merlyn, Shado and Earth One Laurel are, and taunted that one more loss may just destroy Oliver but taunted Oliver that if he was killed, then Oliver would only really be killing himself and losing any sanity that was left.
After Team Arrow finally located Susan's location, Prometheus patiently waited for Green Arrow and unmasked himself, noting that he's glad that they knew as he preferred face to face. While Green Arrow threatened to keep them inside until the entire building exploded, Adrian deactivated the bombs. However, Adrian is caught off guard when Spartan arrived with Doris, exposed his identity to Doris and proving Adrian really is not ten steps ahead. Despite his wife's attempts to reason with him, Adrian tells Doris he will stop but stabs Doris to protect his secret and continue his vendetta. Green Arrow attacks him in anger and the two begin to fight. After a heated battle that ended in a draw, Adrian told Green Arrow neither would kill the other two which Green Arrow want to kill Adrian, however, Talia used a tranquilizer arrow and the two kidnapped Green Arrow to an unknown location.
Adrian later returned to the precinct as Quentin escorts Susan in for a statement, giving his "sympathies" for Susan as Quentin threatened him again. However, Adrian asked not to be threatened as he was in mourning as Green Arrow "killed" Doris but Quentin and Susan swiftly saw through his lies. Adrian also reminded that he had Oliver and threatened to send Oliver back in pieces if Quentin and Susan tried anything. While Susan did still give a statement to the police, Adrian had an airtight alibi so they didn't believe Susan and Adrian's cover remained intact.
In Oliver's holding cell, Adrian watched Oliver futility trying to reason with Talia who then told Adrian to make Oliver suffer, which he happily agreed to. As Oliver promised to be found by his own friends, Adrian simply reminded Oliver yet again that he wasn't going to kill. He then told Oliver that he'd confessed to Susan while in captivity that Oliver had helped him discover who he truly was, and promised to help do the same before subjecting Oliver to torture.
Adrian tortured Oliver, trying to make Oliver confess what Adrian believed to be the real reason for Oliver's killings: Oliver did the deed simply because he wanted to, using Robert Queen's wishes as justification. However, Oliver didn't know what Adrian wanted and Adrian tortured Oliver for six days, trying to get the answer. On the sixth day, Adrian held Oliver underwater for 140 seconds, the same amount of time it took for Adrian's father to drown after being shot by Oliver. When Oliver didn't "confess", Adrian, resumed the torture. When Oliver regained consciousness, Adrian planted photos of Oliver's victims, but as Oliver reminded Adrian that they all had victims themselves, Adrian further pointed out they also had families who all suffered because of Oliver. He also reminded Oliver of a memorable victim who Oliver had killed to save Felicity 3 years previously, and he let Oliver know this was about Cecil Adams.
When Oliver still didn't know what to "confess", Adrian fired three arrows into Oliver, just like Oliver had done to Cecil three years prior. After pulling out the arrows, Adrian showed Oliver a pair of Felicity's glasses, having sneaked into Felicity's apartment without Felicity knowing to taunt Oliver. He then showed a picture of William Clayton, admitting that he didn't know where William was but promised Oliver that he would find William eventually unless Oliver "confessed". Afterward, Adrian returned with Evelyn to deceive Oliver by pitting them against each other, promising to let the survivor go or he'd break Evelyn's neck, before leaving to tend to other business. When he returned, Adrian, disappointed to see that Oliver hadn't even tried, pretended to break Evelyn's neck as she played dead to horrify Oliver.
Returning, Adrian intensely taunted Oliver that his belief that everything (the List, the Hood and his heroic crusade) were all just an excuse for why Oliver truly killed. Oliver finally cracked, angrily admitting to killing because of liking it, pleasing and musing Adrian that he'd made Oliver confess the one secret Oliver wouldn't even admit to himself, as Evelyn dropped the facade and agreed with him. Adrian told Oliver that he was right, that he infected every life he touched as his crusade was based on a lie, resulting in a price, namely the death of his loved ones, and that John and Felicity would eventually pay too.
As a reminder of the six days of torture, Adrian took a blowtorch to Oliver's chest to burn away his Bratva tattoo. Before doing so, Adrian reflected that Oliver must have done something extraordinary to have earned a captain rank in the Bratva, and how the burned tattoo would now serve as a reminder of his confession. As Oliver tearfully tried to apologize, Adrian accepted the apology but informed Oliver he simply didn't care and burnt away the tattoo, causing Oliver to pass out from the pain. Adrian then left while Oliver was unconscious and left Oliver's uniform and equipment behind, leaving the door open as promised.
Exposed to the public
The next day, Adrian visited Oliver in the latter's office, thanking him for "granting him leave" to mourn for Doris' death while Quentin angrily threatened him. When both were alone, Adrian gave Oliver a knife and presented an ultimatum; to either kill him as a civilian in broad daylight, as Green Arrow couldn't reach him now that he is in protective custody since Green Arrow "murdered" Doris, or let him go knowing there is nothing Oliver can do. Oliver ultimately declined Adrian's offer, much to his disappointment, and told him to keep the knife as he left. Later Adrian's protective custody escort was attacked by Bratva agents hired by Oliver previously but Team Arrow intervened and Adrian used this chance to escape. While he was briefly confronted by Curtis, he swiftly overpowered Curtis and tauntingly asked how Paul was before Curtis is forced to flee.
In light of the Bratva attack, the S.C.P.D. decided to transport Adrian into F.B.I. custody and asked Oliver for this approval. Unable to decline without arousing suspicion, Oliver agreed and told Adrian that nothing was more important than his safety. Before Adrian was transferred, he quietly expressed amusement at what Oliver did but Oliver quietly promised that they weren't done and Adrian was transported into the custody of the US Marshals. Later while in protective custody, Adrian was writing as he heard his bodyguards receive a message and somehow immediately deduced he'd been exposed. He swiftly threw his pen into one guard's eye before strangling the other guard to death. With his secret identity exposed and his plans ruined by this setback, Adrian then repeatedly stabbed the first guard to death viciously in frustration and left the safe-house. As Adrian was driving down the street, watching the convoy of S.C.P.D. officers going to arrest him drive right past him, he whistled to the radio as he briefly escaped from Star City, still splattered with blood.
Tuberculosis plot and capture
After arriving back to Star City, he lured Team Arrow and the S.C.P.D. to a video game arcade but rigged all the attractions with weapons and rigged one of them to display an image of Prometheus and the words "GAME OVER". Adrian somehow caused an EMP explosion in the Arrowcave which left Oliver and Felicity trapped for some time, forcing Team Arrow to focus on getting them out. While they were distracted, Adrian tracked down William, saying to William that he knew the boy's father and presumably kidnapped William. Because of Adrian's exposure to the public as a serial killer, all convicts he detained were released after retrial which included Sampson. Adrian soon enlisted Sampson's aid to seemingly recreate his father's tuberculosis outbreak by having Sampson steal the chemicals required.
While having Sampson obtain these chemicals, Adrian distracted Team Arrow while also ruining Robert's memory by sending a crate containing the encased body of Councilman Henry Goodwin which exposed Robert's role in Goodwin's death to the public. Anticipating that Oliver would confirm the origin of the cement encasing Goodwin's body came from Oliver Enterprises, Adrian rigged one of the hallways as traps which Oliver and Diggle fell into. Falling into a secret room, Adrian set up raw cement to flood the room and kill them in the same manner Goodwin died, though Dinah and Curtis were able to save them at the cost of Sampson obtaining more chemicals for Adrian's plan. Anticipating that Oliver would seek out Darren Coffman (Clayborne's lawyer) for answers, Adrian gave Oliver a USB stick containing footage of Robert killing Goodwin to tarnish their memory of their father.
After obtaining all the components, Prometheus had Sampson's thugs rig a device to disperse tuberculosis on a city-wide scale. When Team Arrow attempted to stop the plan, Prometheus ambushed Green Arrow, Spartan, and Mr. Terrific but Green Arrow managed to keep Prometheus distracted long enough for Spartan and Mr. Terrific to make their way to the roof and them along with Dinah and Wild Dog foiled the plan and stopped Sampson. Meanwhile, Prometheus continued to fight Green Arrow as their fight carried out down two flights of stairs with both combatants being fairly evenly matched. Unmasking, Adrian taunted Green Arrow that their fathers' legacies are what led them to become who they are.
However, Green Arrow revealed to Adrian that Claybourne was originally going to disown him not because he was illegitimate but because Clayborne believed him to be a psychopath. Seemingly crushed to learn this, Adrian collapsed to the ground in grief and offered his sword to Green Arrow and begged to be killed. However, Green Arrow refused but told him he was going to face justice and knocked him out. Adrian was taken into A.R.G.U.S. custody and watched Oliver on live television with a smile on his face while Oliver confesses to the city of Robert's sacrifice to save Oliver's life ten years ago, in an attempt to somewhat preserve Robert's legacy.
Meanwhile, Adrian arranged for Evelyn to break Laurel out of A.R.G.U.S. and had them coordinate with Talia to kidnap every Team Arrow member once he was incarcerated in preparation for his endgame. While being incarcerated, he sent orders to his team to kidnap Oliver's teammates to which Oliver came to his cell and asked him about their whereabouts. He replied that if Oliver wants their safety, he has to be released from custody. Adrian also told Oliver that he would be receiving a phone call, a call Oliver received moments later showing William kidnapped. Oliver decided to comply with Adrian's demands and helped him escape with Malcolm's help as he was being escorted by A.R.G.U.S. agents to a helicopter to be transported elsewhere. Adrian then used the helicopter to escape so he could take a plane to Lian Yu along with both his team and Team Arrow. While there, Adrian reached out to Digger Harkness to help him against Oliver which Harkness thought about. He then met with and taunted Team Arrow and told them that he would be waiting for Oliver to show up.
Battle on Lian Yu and death
Adrian, Black Siren, Evelyn Sharp, Talia al Ghul and various acolytes confront Oliver, Team Arrow, Nyssa al Ghul and Slade Wilson/Deathstroke. Adrian then taunts Oliver about William and duels with Oliver as the rest of the team take on the acolytes and Black Siren. As they dueled, Oliver knocked Adrian off a balcony and attempted to break his neck, only with Adrian goading Oliver to do so. But much to Adrian's shock, Oliver gives up in the end, stating that Adrian can blame Oliver for his father's death for the rest of his life while Oliver has already forgiven his sins. Adrian once again tries to goad Oliver into killing him by lying to Oliver that William was dead, but Oliver saw right through him and told him even if it were true, Oliver would never let him get the outcome he wants. As Oliver turns to leave, Felicity alerts Oliver that Adrian had initiated a dead man switch that would blow up hundreds of C4 bombs planted all over the island as he escapes using a smoke bomb with Oliver close in pursuit, only to find him getting away in a boat.
Oliver is able to catch up to him and brutally beats him down. However, Adrian then drags William out which Oliver aims the bow at him but Adrian issues an ultimatum: For Oliver to kill him so everyone on the island would die or spare him so he would kill William. As Oliver lowered the bow, Oliver shot Adrian's leg and he let go of William while collapsing to the ground in pain, thus saving everyone. But as Adrian lay on the deck defeated, realizing that Oliver's decision was resolute and would never kill him, Adrian congratulated Oliver for winning and getting William back was good as it was "going to be lonely, without mom and Felicity" and drew a pistol which he pressed against his head as Oliver frantically attempted to stop him from detonating the bombs. But Oliver's efforts were futile as Adrian fired the gun before Oliver was able to reach him while grinning at Oliver and dies by suicide as a last-ditch effort to break Oliver one way or the other, triggering the dead man switch and leaving a horrified Oliver staring at him, only to turn and watch while holding William as the hundreds of C4 bombs on Lian Yu went off. Although his endgame cost Samantha Clayton's life and landed Thea in critical condition, the rest of Team Arrow managed to survive by using his plane to shield themselves from the explosions. Adrian's body was left on Lian Yu by Oliver.
Before his death, Adrian used all his money to hire and arm criminal Alex Faust to destroy buildings that were close to Oliver. He recorded himself in a video where he taunted Oliver, who died on Lian Yu and told his plans, knowing that Oliver would be forced to watch it sooner or later. The idea of his plan destroying buildings was to trigger PTSD for Oliver from Lian Yu's explosion.
Even though Adrian's endgame left deep marks within Team Arrow, including the death of Samantha, forcing William to move in with Oliver and the team was able to put him and his actions aside and move on, thus his entire revenge scheme ended in failure; therefore his years of planning on getting revenge on Oliver for killing his father was ultimately in vain. Ironically, all of his efforts and planning on destroying Oliver only resulted in him becoming a better man than he was before.
When a doctored photo was shown to the public of Oliver in the Green Arrow suit, Team Arrow suggested the idea that it was Adrian's final gift to Oliver before it was revealed to be Ricardo Diaz.
Sometime after he was exposed as a serial killer or after his death, Sam Armand succeeded Adrian as the district attorney of Star City; Sam was later revealed to be corrupt, just like his predecessor. After Sam was revealed to be working for Ricardo Diaz, he was fired and Laurel Lance succeeded him sometime after.
Adrian appeared as a hallucination when Oliver was exposed to Vertigo, taunting him on his failure to keep his team or save his city from Diaz. This shows that Chase's actions still affect Oliver even after Chase's death. Before Oliver realized he was hallucinating, Oliver snapped Chase's neck, showing that he would now kill him had he still been alive after Samantha's murder.
- "You’re not a hero. You’re a killer and I’m going to show you that. I’m going to show you how everything you touch... dies "
- —Adrian Chase to Oliver Queen[src]
Little was known about Adrian's personality before the death of his father, but he was believed to be a disturbed individual even before that, as his father secretly planned to disown him because of his psychopathy. After his father's death, Adrian was consumed with grief and hatred for his father's murderer, and spent four years studying, training, and patiently waiting to destroy him completely. After uncovering virtually Oliver Queen's entire history, Adrian went so far as to claim that he knows everything about Oliver and knows better than Oliver knows himself.
While trying to accomplish his mission, Adrian developed the facade of a compassionate district attorney who cared about cleaning up the streets of Star City and ironically a trusted confidant to his father's killer. In reality, Adrian's hatred for Oliver was so intense that he refused to allow anyone else to kill Oliver, as shown when he threatened and later killed Tobias Church. In spite of his hatred for Oliver, Adrian was not interested in killing him but to make him suffer so much that he wished that he was dead. Adrian had gone to great lengths to psychologically torture him and destroy his life including: killing innocent people to send a twisted message to Oliver, recreate the crime scene with dead bodies of Oliver killing Adrian's father, kidnapping his loved ones, and recruiting Black Siren, the doppelgänger of Laurel Lance who Oliver loved. Adrian's hatred for Oliver even outweighed the apparent love that he had for his wife, Doris, as he killed her when Oliver used her against him after tearfully proclaiming he would go to the police. However, Adrian still later claimed that it was the Green Arrow who killed his wife.
Adrian also believed that Oliver was not a hero but a killer who ruins the lives of everyone that he comes into contact with and was desperate to show that to him, going so far as to physically and psychologically torture Oliver for an entire week and Adrian succeeded in proving that on some level Oliver enjoyed killing. Adrian was also a hypocrite on some level as despite viewing Oliver as a killer he himself committed far more heinous actions than Oliver did, freely killing innocent people, using some of his victims' bodies as trails to recreate the scenes of Oliver's past kills, and even killing his own wife to further his vendetta, where Oliver never killed anyone who had not committed at least some kind of crime, proving that even though Oliver is a killer, Adrian was truly a psychopath. Adrian was also arrogant, smug and boastful towards Oliver and Team Arrow once they realized that he was "Prometheus" due to Adrian always being ahead of them and their inability to apprehend him at the time.
After killing his wife and his identity being revealed to the world, Adrian had no regard for his own life, as on several occasions he allowed Oliver the opportunity to kill him albeit at the cost of Oliver destroying his own life in the process. Adrian again allowed Oliver the opportunity to kill him but once he refused, Adrian forced Oliver into destroying his own life either by forcing Oliver to choose between his son or people on the island. Once Oliver succeeded in saving everyone, Adrian, having nothing to lose, without hesitation, ended his own life to once again make Oliver suffer by losing virtually everyone else he cared about on Lian Yu.
- Peak of human physical condition: Adrian was in top physical form after training for four years to defeat Oliver Queen, with his physical conditioning allowing him to fight the extremely seasoned and trained vigilante on equal footing and even at times outmaneuver him. He is strong enough to easily pin down the likes of the large and physically imposing Tobias Church, and Earth Two Laurel Lance, both with one arm, and kick Oliver through a wooden wall with one leg. He also had a high tolerance to drugs, as he was able to quickly shrug off the effect of the diazepam-ridden dart that Oliver threw at him. He also withstood a severe beat down from Oliver which left his face bloody and swollen, and barely seemed fazed by it.
- Acrobatics/Free-running: Adrian was able to move and scale down walls with great dexterity and grace, even while simultaneously dodging bullets and throwing his shuriken.
- Master combatant/Martial artist: Adrian, like Oliver, was an incredibly skilled fighter trained by Talia al Ghul with a fighting style incorporating several moves that Oliver knows. Adrian was able to single-handedly and quickly defeat Evelyn Sharp and Curtis Holt with ease as well as overpower Vigilante. During all his battles with Oliver, Adrian was able to fight on equal footing with him and even gained the upper hand in some of their encounters before ultimately losing in their final duel. His skill marked him as one of the deadliest fighters in the multiverse.
- Expert swordsman: Adrian was trained in the art of swordsmanship, often using his sword fighting skills in conjunction with his melee skills; his exact level as a swordsman was unknown.
- Expert archer: Like Oliver, Adrian was a trained archer although he seems to prefer throwing weapons. Adrian is skilled enough to either wound or kill his targets and use his bow as an improvised quarter-staff like Oliver. While torturing Oliver, Adrian fired three arrows in Oliver's chest in a tight pattern at point blank range.
- Master knife wielder: Adrian was highly proficient in throwing weapons such as knives, battle axes, flechettes and his weapon of choice; shuriken. He was able to disarm police lieutenant Sam Conahan while jumping and was able to perfectly split an arrow shot at him by Oliver in half by throwing a shuriken. Adrian was also a capable knife wielder in close combat as shown during a confrontation with Oliver.
- High-level intellect/Master tactician: Adrian was a highly effective tactician, with his tactics against Oliver being at a psychological level, as he was successful in tricking Oliver into killing Billy Malone; knowing that Oliver came with the intention on killing Adrian making the latter one of the few people to ever tactically outsmart Oliver who is a master tactician in his own right. This is a skill on a level he shares with, most noticeably, Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson, Digger Harkness and Ra's al Ghul, with all able to outsmart Oliver up into their final confrontations. He positioned Oliver in a scenario where the latter was forced to proclaim his "Green Arrow" identity as a police killer, making it nearly impossible for him to take Prometheus down with his alter ego. Adrian had proven himself to be a highly skilled investigator, having learned much about Oliver and all those close to him, becoming aware of their secret identities, the list, the S.T.A.R. Labs pipeline, the Legends, and the multiverse. Hw was very skilled at locating people as he was able to find the elusive Talia al Ghul and William Clayton, despite Samantha Clayton's best efforts to keep him hidden and safe. Adrian had a good knowledge on explosives, quickly placing a bomb on a train before escaping, placing bombs in many rooms of a building and later having C4s all over Lian Yu linked to himself to be triggered through a dead man's switch.
- Computer specialist: Adrian had demonstrated a high degree of computer skills, as he was able to build and use several theatrical traps which he used against Oliver and Team Arrow. Oliver also mentioned that Adrian has managed to erase all traces of his birth identity, "Simon Morrison", from the internet.
- Expert lawyer: As the former district attorney of Star City, Adrian was a skilled lawyer able to use his legal knowledge to successfully prevent John Diggle's prison transfer. Considering the fact that he only became the district attorney was to get close to Oliver, it is possible that Adrian did not even possess a law degree, making his knowledge potentially even more impressive.
- Master deceiver/Manipulator: Adrian was a master at deception, letting Oliver believe he was a man with a normal life as a lawyer as they often saw each other at work only for Oliver to find out who he really was through Talia. Adrian was also very manipulative, able to convince Evelyn to betray Oliver.
- Master interrogator/Torturer: Adrian was a highly skilled interrogator, trained in both verbal and physical extraction techniques. As a lawyer, Adrian was successfully able to flip one of Eric Dunn's men to find him. While torturing Oliver, Adrian tortured Oliver using same methods of Oliver used to kill his enemies; including water-boarding and shooting him with arrows all while not killing him. At the same time, Adrian psychologically tortured Oliver by threatening his loved ones and seemingly killing Evelyn in front of him. Adrian was eventually successful in breaking Oliver, a feat that no other villain, except for Slade, has accomplished, and convinced him to end his crusade temporarily, with only the efforts of John Diggle causing him to snap out of it.
- Skilled metalsmith: Adrian has stolen several of Oliver's arrows that Oliver has left behind during his vigilante career and melted them down to be reforged as his own weapons; mainly his shuriken, showing he was a skilled crafter. His shurikens was shown to be quite sharp, as they could split Oliver's arrows in half.
- Indomitable will/High pain tolerance: Adrian had a high tolerance for pain as he could keep fighting without slowing down after Evelyn cut his arm and barely flinched after being shot in the shoulder with a bullet and was still able to move his arm normally even when the wound reopened.
- Stealth/Infiltration: Adrian is highly skilled in the art of stealth, as he is able to sneak in or appear to people fairly quickly without them noticing whether it was day or night. He was able to sneak into Gay Eked's home, a moving subway train and S.T.A.R. Labs without triggering any alarms, an act that went unknown to Team Flash for 3 days.
- Intimidation: Adrian possessed an intimidating presence due to his ruthlessness with Tobias Church, Evelyn Sharp, and even Laurel Lance, a meta-human, showing signs of fear towards him; his killings as the "Throwing Star Killer" combined with media rumors and his presence was enough to cause a city-wide panic. Even Darren Coffman stated Adrian was terrifying.
- Network: As a former district attorney, Adrian had access to the resources of his office and the Star City Police Department. Adrian was also apparently second-in-command of Talia al Ghul's cult, all who were her fellow students.
- Axe: Adrian carried at least one axe.
- Chokuto: Adrian carried a chokuto on his back for close quarters combat.
- Pistol: Adrian used a pistol when taking William hostage. He then used it to kill himself after Oliver saved William.
- Prometheus suit: Adrian wore a protective suit as Prometheus, to hide his identity from his victims, in his quest for vengeance against Oliver Queen.
- Recurve bow: Although rarely used, Adrian carried a recurve bow which he used to fire his arrows and for close combat.
- Quiver: Adrian carried a black arrow container, to carry his arrows with him.
- Shurikens: Adrian carried Shurikens strapped to his abdomen, usually no more than six at a time. These appeared to be his preferred method of killing his victims.
- Throwing knives: Adrian carried several smaller and easily concealable throwing knives.
- Voice filter: Adrian apparently used a voice filter in his mask to conceal his true identity and making him sound almost unrecognizable as Prometheus. For some reason, he made several alterations to his disguised voice. This is possibly what he used to mimic Lyla Michael's voice to trick John Diggle.
- Grappling hook: Adrian used a grappling hook to descend down a building and into a window during a confrontation with Oliver Queen.
- Arrow: Fatal Legacies (recording)
- Adrian chose his Prometheus alias because Prometheus challenged the omnipotence of the gods. Adrian believed that like Oliver Queen, the gods played judge, jury, and executioner, but Prometheus took away their power.
- Even before the death of his father "traumatized" him, Adrian was already showing signs of being mentally unstable. For that reason, his father planned to disown him.
- He killed people whose names were anagrams of those on The List.
- He set up numerous traps to make the Green Arrow look bad.
- He couldn't see that Oliver had changed from his former mindset as The Hood to the more heroic Green Arrow; he believed it was an excuse to indulge murdering people.
- He doesn't simply kill Oliver to avenge his father, instead of wasting time on drawn-out attempts to warp Oliver's self-perspective to match what Adrian saw him as.
- Adrian seems to have a particular preference for a certain hip throw ( Ō goshi in Judo), using it on three separate occasions. He used it on Black Siren, against Curtis and a police officer.
- Adrian is the first Arrow villain whose endgame doesn't involve the destruction of Star City.
- The only real victory Adrian ever managed was the murder of Samantha Clayton and traumatizing William Clayton. However, the latter was able to begin recovering five months later.
- Oliver was able to release Adrian's identity as Prometheus to the public much earlier than Chase clearly anticipated.
- His torturing of Oliver, though briefly leading to him leaving the Green Arrow identity, only increased the hatred he had for Chase rather than himself.
- Oliver was able to stop his plot with Sampson to release the tuberculosis and incarcerate him inside A.R.G.U.S.
- Adrian’s multiple attempts to get Oliver to kill him in public only led to Oliver sparing him every time, leaving him bitterly disappointed.
- Although he did manage to successfully kill Samantha, put Thea in a six-month coma and caused Diggle to suffer nerve damage in his arm, all of Team Arrow (with the possible exception of Malcolm Merlyn) survived his endgame on Lian Yu. On the other hand, it is still unknown if any members of his team or Talia al Ghul’s cult (with the exception of Black Siren) survived.
- Stephen Amell has stated that Prometheus is his favorite Arrow villain.
- Adrian is similar to Konstantin Kovar as both wanted revenge on Oliver by making him suffer and breaking him. However while Kovar failed to break Oliver Adrian didn't and he was able to make Oliver confess that he killed because he wanted to and he liked it.
- Adrian Chase shared many similarities with Rhea as both went to great lengths to get their revenge on their enemies Oliver Queen and Kara Danvers respectively.
- Both killed the people they loved because they were standing in their way Doris Chase for Adrian Chase and Lar Gand for Rhea .
- Both planned to kill innocent children to make sure their plans succeed; Adrian threatened to kill Oliver's son, William Clayton, while Rhea threatened to kill hospitals of children unless Lena Luthor and Mon-El agreed to marry.
- Rhea planned a full invasion on earth to kill all of Kara's loved ones while Adrain Chase trapped all of Oliver's loved ones on Lian Yu planning to kill all of them with explosives.
- The difference between the two is that Rhea was driven under the delusion that she was getting her son back while Adrian Chase did what he did solely out of revenge.
- Adrian Chase shared many similarities with Rhea as both went to great lengths to get their revenge on their enemies Oliver Queen and Kara Danvers respectively.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Adrian Chase is known as the first present-day version of Vigilante. In the series, he is a separate character and an antagonist, while Vigilante is Vincent Sobel. Like on the show, his insanity ultimately leads to him dying by suicide.
- In DC comics, Prometheus is an alias used by multiple villains, most famously by an unnamed version that pushed Green Arrow past limits. This version does resemble the said character in looks and modus operandi, being a mass-murdering "dark mirror version" of the hero he opposes, skilled with several fighting styles and weapons. Another resemblance is that Prometheus's main motivation is to avenge his criminal parent's death and will go to great lengths to do it, similar to the comics where his parents were criminals killed by cops and wants to destroy all forms of justice because of this. Both claimed to be too smart for Green Arrow to overcome and made overly elaborate plans, but were subsequently proven wrong by Oliver and defeated, though they managed to cause massive explosions in places close to Oliver's heart: he destroyed Star City in the comics, and he destroyed Lian Yu on the show.
- He also has similarities to the Batman character Arkham Knight, an alias used by Jason Todd, the second Robin, in Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham Knight video game. Wrongly believing Batman abandoned him after Joker faked his death and tortured him for over a year, Jason swore revenge and adopted a darker version of Batman's suit armed with more weapons, with the Arkham Knight alias to kill his former mentor. Adrian suffered a loss at Oliver's hands and uses a darker version of Oliver's suit with even more weapons than he carries as part of his vendetta against him.
- He also has similarities to the speedsters Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash and Hunter Zolomon/Zoom. Prometheus and Thawne would eliminate other individuals that interfere with their own plans. Prometheus and Zolomon have similar backgrounds caused by their fathers' actions, both men are unstable and insane, and Black Siren worked with both men. He and both speedsters are the darker version of their respective enemies, help their respective enemies while feigning friendships under fake names, and simultaneously opposing in their evil personas.
- Interestingly enough, his alias mirrors him being the darker version of Green Arrow since Adrian literally meaning "the dark one".
- Simon Morrison is a reference to Prometheus's original creator Grant Morrison, with Simon being based off Batman villain Simon Hurt (also created by Grant). The character Simon Hurt also shares several similarities with the show's Simon Morrison.
- Prometheus is the first main antagonist in the shared multiverse to willingly die by suicide. He is also one of the four main antagonists of Arrow alongside Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson, and Ricardo Diaz to be credited as one of the main characters. Also, like Merlyn and Wilson, he has a history with Oliver. Additionally, he was also the first main antagonist to be credited as one of the main characters in his first appearance in Arrow.
- While he has a history with Oliver, Prometheus is the first antagonist with a history with Oliver that Oliver was unaware of in their first encounter, as it took several episodes for Oliver to learn of Chase's ties to his father.
- Unlike with other masked characters like Zoom, Josh Segarra was in Prometheus costume in all his appearances, even before the reveal.
- Ironically, although Prometheus destroyed Star City in the comics, he is one of the few main antagonist of Arrow to not have any interest in destroying the city, although he did create biological weapon to spread tuberculosis outbreak.
- Adrian Chase is also the first main antagonist to not appear or be referenced in any season prior to his own. Slade Wilson appeared multiple times in Season 1, Ra's al Ghul was mentioned a few times in Season 2, and Damien Darhk was mentioned by Ra's al Ghul near the end of Season 3.
- Ricardo Diaz in season six has now become the second and only other main antagonist, after Prometheus in season five, to not be mentioned or appear in a previous season only to be revealed in their respective seasons.