- For other uses of Hood, see The Hood (disambiguation).
Adrian once encountered Bruce Wayne who told him, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”.
Some point after early 2015 Adrian took the mantle of The Hood (Robert Queen's first code name prior to switching it to The Arrow) after Robert Queen was exposed as The Arrow on live television.
In mid-2019, Adrian met and befriended Laurel Lance after her return from Earth-1. Adrian and Laurel hunted the Dark Archer for months, but were unsuccessful at unmasking and/or figuring out his identity, only able to rule out Malcolm Merlyn as a suspect.
In October 2019, Earth-1's Oliver Queen, disguised as the Hood, broke into Queen-Merlyn Enterprises. Upon arriving, he found dead scientists and another Hood. A fight ensued until Laurel stopped them, revealing the other Hood to be Adrian. Back at the bunker, Adrian let Oliver and Laurel have a private talk before asking what his story was, and Laurel lied that Oliver had spent 12 years on Lian Yu. Adrian asked what was he doing back at Queen-Merlyn; Oliver clarified that he didn't kill the scientists. He tried to identify the Dark Archer that has killed people around the city for months, which Oliver insisted that his identity was Malcolm Merlyn and left so that he could have a talk with him.
Later, Oliver introduced his "bodyguard" and friend John Diggle to Adrian, and revealed the Dark Archer's true identity as Tommy Merlyn. The four found out where Tommy's hideout was in the Glades, attacked it, and successfully stopped the Undertaking. After Adrian handed over the dwarf star particles to Oliver, he deduced that Oliver was from a parallel universe. Oliver then gave Adrian advice to change his alter ego's name from "The Hood" to "Green Arrow".
- "They don't deserve to be gone."
- —Laurel Lance[src]
In stark contrast to his Earth-1 counterpart, this Adrian took on the mantle of The Hood to help people. His personality is similar to that of Oliver when he began his quest, with his initial distrust of Earth-1 Oliver until he verified Oliver was not the one who killed the scientists he initially believed Oliver killed.
- Peak of human physical condition: Adrian is in exceptional physical form, having a powerful physique. He is strong enough to lift his own body weight on a salmon ladder.
- Acrobatics/Free-running: Since becoming The Hood, Adrian has developed free-running skills and could drop from a height of several feet without injuring himself.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Adrian is a highly proficient hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. He was able to fight on par with Oliver Queen, one of the deadliest fighters in the multiverse, during their first encounter.
- Master archer: With his mastery in archery, Adrian can precisely hit targets from great distances. He was able to keep up in a battle of archers with Oliver Queen.
- Stealth/Infiltration: Adrian is able to sneak into high security buildings without being detected.
- Bilingualism: Adrian speaks English and at least some Mandarin.
- The Hood suit: Adrian wears a protective suit as his alter-ego, The Hood, to hide his identity from his enemies, when he goes out fighting crime.
- Recurve bow: Adrian, as The Hood, uses a custom recurve bow.
- Arrows: Adrian uses custom-designed arrows.
- This version goes by the name Adrian Chase rather than Simon Morrison, which is the real name of his Earth-1 doppelgänger.
- This is the second version of Adrian that Laurel has worked with, with the first being his Earth-1 doppelgänger Adrian Chase a.k.a. Prometheus.
- According to Laurel, Adrian was like "family" to her, confirming they were very close.
Behind the scenes
- Adrian liked to call Laurel Lance "Pretty Bird", Oliver's affectionate nickname for her in the comics and other media.
|Other versions of Adrian Chase (Earth-2)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Adrian Chase.|
|Earth: 1 • 2|