"All Doll'd Up" is the fifth episode of the fifth season of , and the ninety-seventh episode overall. It aired on November 13, 2018.
Nora lets something slip about the future that devastates Iris. In an attempt to distract his wife, Barry asks Iris to team up to stop a new meta, Rag Doll. Meanwhile, Caitlin learns something about her father.
- This is the first episode of the series to not feature Chris Klein (Orlin Dwyer) after signing on as a series regular.
- This is the third episode of the series to not feature Jesse L. Martin (Joe West).
- The story Cecille told Nora about Barry encountering golden giants called Grodans from an alternate past is a reference to the Grodans, who first appeared in The Flash #120 from 1961, where they are discovered by Barry Allen and Wally West when an earthquake combined with Barry's vibration accidentally sent them into the past.
- Cecille mentions "Barry" (Iris) singing in a middle school production of the musical Guys and Dolls.
- Ralph uses his stretching powers to swing from buildings to move through the city, having claimed to have gotten the idea from a comic book. This is a reference to the comic book superhero Spider-Man, whose powers allow him to shoot and hang from webs.
- Cisco named the four satellites previously owned by DeVoe Hal, Data, Robbie, and Colossus. These are all references to A.I.s in pop culture:
- HAL 9000 from the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2001: A Space Odyssey and its film adaptation.
- Data from the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Robby the Robot from the film Forbidden Planet
- Colossus from the film Colossus: The Forbin Project.
- On a related note, Ralph refers to the destroyed S.T.A.R. Labs satellite as "Sally the Satellite".
- Two weeks have passed since the previous episode, as noted by Barry and Iris when discussing Nora. Interestingly, this episode also aired two weeks after the previous episode, as the series was on break for one week due to coverage of the 2018 Mid-Term Elections.
- When talking with Cecille, Nora can be seen drinking a Killer Frost drink from Jitters.
- Cecille tells Nora that when "Barry" (Iris) was ten, there was a kid in his class who lost his parents, and that, among other things that he did to try to make this kid smile, he put together an entire page of the kid's science fair projects in the yearbook. Nora then says Barry wasn't in yearbook, and realizes that this story Cecille was telling her was actually about Iris helping Barry to heal after his mother was murdered and his father was wrongfully arrested for it. However, it's stated in "" that, among other clubs, Barry was involved with yearbook in high school.
- However, given that this story about the entire page of science fair projects would've happened when Barry was eleven (since that's when his mom was murdered), this would've put Barry and Iris in fifth or sixth grade at that time. It's possible that Iris did work on their school's yearbook then, and that Barry didn't get take part in yearbook until high school.
- ↑ "The Flash - Episode 5.05 - All Doll'd Up - Press Release" - SpoilerTV
- ↑ https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/14/the-flash-rag-doll-easter-eggs-spider-man-grodans-the-cw/
|"" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • ""|