The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "I thought that Wells was a great man and I was so wrong."
- —Barry explaining his situation to Felicity
|Barry is surprised when Felicity Smoak arrives from Starling City along with her boyfriend, Ray Palmer, who flies in as the Atom. They've come to visit S.T.A.R. Labs as Ray needs help with his suit. Their timing turns out to be fortuitous because it's all hands on deck after a person named Brie Larvan unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her former co-workers, including Dr. Tina McGee. A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris and Eddie turns into a disaster.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Tom Cavanagh as Professor Eobard Thawne
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special guest stars
- Alicia Chowen as Student 1
- Marlo Franson as Bill Carlisle
- Andrew Gillingham as Crook 2
- Theresa Wong as Lindsay Kang
- Kasey Kieler as Thief 1
- Mathieu Lardier as Maitre D'
- Andrew Laurenson as Flasher
- Al Miro as Thief 2
- Carl Montoya as Crook 1
Preparation began January 21, 2015 and ran until January 29, 2015. Shooting began January 30 and ran until February 12, 2015.
- This episode takes place between "" and "".
- The "All Star" phrase in the title is a reference to various DC Comics team-up books, most notably All-Star Comics, All Star-Squadron, All-Star Superman, and All-Star Western.
- Cisco's quote, "Bees, why did it have to be bees?" is a reference to Indiana Jones' quote, "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Upon Ray Palmer's arrival, Caitlin and Cisco have an exchange when they see him flying in the air. They first asking if it's a bird, and then a plane, and Felicity replies that it's her boyfriend. This is a reference to the iconic Superman phrase, referencing Brandon Routh's former title role as Superman in the 2006 film adaptation Superman Returns.
- The Atom saying, "We have the technology!" is a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man.
- During their conversation inside S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin remarks to Ray (after telling him that he's lucky he didn't break his neck), "What is it with billionaires being superheroes?", referencing Oliver Queen.
- The hostile usage of bees against human targets by Brie Larvan has been conceptually exploited before in the first season of Smallville during the episode "Drone", which coincidentally also carried the episode number 1x18.
- After Barry reminds everyone they're up against a meta-human killer who can control a swarm of bees, Ray says, "Cool. I mean awful". Barry and Felicity uttered those exact words during the "" crossover.
- Ray states that the bees can't penetrate his exosuit. However, there's a clear opening in his helmet from under his cheeks down to his chin. In fact, this is exactly how The Flash is stung.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.