- "There are a thousand lawyers in Starling City. Why me?"
"We're both trying to help."
- "What makes you so sure I'm gonna help you?"
"Because I know you'd do anything to save the life of an innocent man."
- —Laurel Lance and The Hood on Peter Declan's case
Oliver still hasn't figured out how to get back into Laurel's good graces; however, after a late-night bonding session with Thea, Oliver receives the inspiration he needs. Looking into a suspicious murder case, Oliver realizes an innocent man, Peter Declan, was framed by one of the targets on his list. As The Hood, he asks Laurel to help prove Peter's innocence. Meanwhile, Walter asks one of his employees, Felicity Smoak, to look into a $2.6 million withdrawal that Moira made without his knowledge.
John awakens in Oliver's hideout, where Oliver offers John a chance to fight at his side and help Starling City. John turns him down, labeling him a murderer. Later, while watching the news, Oliver discovers a connection between Peter Declan, a death row inmate, and Jason Brodeur, one of the men on The List. In his Hood persona, he enlists the help of Laurel to prove Peter innocent before he is executed. Working together, the pair uncover the truth, but Jason has his bodyguard stage a prison break so that he can have Laurel and Peter killed before the truth is revealed. Oliver sneaks into the Iron Heights Prison dressed as a guard, with a ski mask to hide his face, and saves Laurel and Peter. Peter's supervisor Matt Istook ultimately confesses to Peter's innocence. John meets with Oliver and agrees to work with him so that he can both protect the city and keep Oliver from losing his humanity. However, Detective Lance arrests Oliver on suspicion of being The Hood, after seeing footage of him recovering his disguise from a garbage bin before the recent Deadshot confrontation. Meanwhile, Walter discovers that Moira has been keeping the salvaged and sabotaged family yacht hidden in a warehouse. Malcolm also calls a meeting with Moira, having discovered The Hood was not targeting the rich, but The List.
Preparation ran from July 31 until August 9, 2012. Shooting ran from August 10 until August 21, 2012.
- Rob Scott mentions to Oliver that he has 5 years of S.W.A.T. experience in the MCU of Monument Point. In the DC Comics universe, Monument Point is a city founded in 1803 near Washington D.C..
- Oliver mentioned Blüdhaven, referencing a city in the comics which temporarily served as the home and base of operations for Nightwing.
- Peter Declan was held in Iron Heights Prison, a prison located near Keystone City, the Golden Age Flash's base of operations in the comics.
- In the episode, Jason Brodeur's attorney introduced himself as Jared Swanstrom. However, he was credited as "Victor Swanstrom".
- Whilst interrogating Brodeur, Oliver shoots an arrow into his left hand. Later though as Brodeur is being arrested, his right hand is shown to be bandaged from the wound.
Behind the scenes
- The episode was originally titled "Salvage".
|"" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|