- "Well, what about Arkham Asylum, that house of horrors that you fund with your tax dollars, or Blackgate Prison, too violent for Jacob Kane, loving father of lunatic at large Alice of Wonderland?"
- —Black Mask[src]
Jonathan Cartwright was sent back to Arkham after attacking two nurses who worked there. After this, Alice became imprisoned in the asylum as well following an attempt to break him out alongside her sister Kate, who betrayed her and had her locked up. Soon afterward, Alice began plotting her revenge with Mouse.
In one week, Alice managed to completely take over the asylum after having the warden M. Butler killed and replaced by Jonathan. She decided to remain in Arkham and rule as the "King and Queen of Arkham" while plotting her nefarious plans and wait until Gotham has completely forgotten about her, only then she would make her return and make sure no one would ever forget her or Mouse.
During Alice's escape from Arkham, she released all the inmates as a distraction, and they spread across Gotham to cause chaos and wreak havoc (like Tim Teslow), while Arkham was left on fire. Circe Sionis died in the fire, as she was trampled by the stampeding inmates.
Roman Sionis told "his daughter" that she wore a mask because her face was burned in the fire of Arkham. After Roman's identity as Black Mask was exposed to the public, he was arrested and sent to Arkham for his crimes.
After saving Kate at Gotham River, Alice was find by the GCPD and sent to Arkham, where she was visited by Ryan Wilder and Mary Hamilton. Later, Ryan released Alice to help her stop the new Mad Hatter. After she stabbed him, he was arrested but Alice too. Although, she was temporaryly released of Arkham to help Renee Montoya to use her knowledge of criminals to find the lost Batman Trophies.
- M. Butler (head psychiatrist and warden; deceased)
- Abraham (presumably escaped)
- Calderon (presumably escaped)
- Liam Crandle/Mad Hatter
- Duela Dent/Serial Slasher (presumably escaped)
- Tommy Elliot/Hush
- J.J. Gordon
- Roger Hayden/Psycho Pirate
- Natalia Knight/Nocturna (presumably escaped)
- Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Steven/Killer Croc
- Victor Zsasz
- Jonathan Cartwright/Mouse (escaped; deceased)
- Nora Fries (escaped)
- Beth Kane/Alice
- Margot/Magpie (released)
- Jack Napier/Joker (deceased)
- Circe Sionis (deceased)
- Tim Teslow/The Titan (escaped; deceased)
- Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter (deceased)
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Arkham Asylum is where those of Batman's foes considered to be legally insane are incarcerated.
|Other versions of Arkham Asylum (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Arkham Asylum.|
|Earth: 1 • 99 • 203|