- "Well, what about Arkham Asylum, that house of horrors that you fund with your tax dollars, or Blackgate Prison, too violent for Jacob Kane, loving father of lunatic at large Alice of Wonderland?"
- —Black Mask[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Known employees
- 3 Known patients
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 References
Jonathan Cartwright was sent back to Arkham after attacking two nurses who worked there. After this, Alice became imprisoned in the asylum as well following an attempt to break him out alongside her sister Kate, who betrayed her and had her locked up. Soon afterward, Alice began plotting her revenge with Mouse.
In one week, Alice managed to completely take over the asylum after having the warden M. Butler killed and replaced by Jonathan. She decided to remain in Arkham and rule as the "King and Queen of Arkham" while plotting her nefarious plans and wait until Gotham has completely forgotten about her, only then she would make her return and make sure no one would ever forget her or Mouse.
During Alice's escape from Arkham, she released all the inmates as a distraction, and in the process, they have spread across Gotham to cause chaos and havoc, while Arkham was left on fire. Circe Sionis dies in the fire, as she is trampled by the stampeding inmates. Blinded by his hatred and anger, Jacob Kane holds Batwoman responsible for the mass escape and, especially, for the escape of Alice, his wife's murderer.
- M. Butler (head psychiatrist and warden; deceased)
- Abraham (presumably escaped)
- Calderon (presumably escaped)
- Liam Crandle/Mad Hatter
- Duela Dent/Serial Slasher (presumably escaped)
- Tommy Elliot/Hush
- Roger Hayden/Psycho Pirate
- Beth Kane/Alice
- Natalia Knight/Nocturna (presumably escaped)
- Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Steven/Killer Croc
- Jonathan Cartwright/Mouse (escaped; deceased)
- Nora Fries (escaped)
- Margot/Magpie (released)
- Jack Napier/Joker (deceased)
- Circe Sionis (deceased)
- Tim Teslow/The Titan (escaped; deceased)
- Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter (deceased)
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Arkham Asylum is where those of Batman's foes considered to be legally insane are incarcerated.
|Other versions of Arkham Asylum (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Arkham Asylum.|
|Earth: 1 • 99 • 203|