Armek (died February 2017) was a White Martian from planet Mars. He was sent to Earth to capture his ex-wife M'gann M'orzz and take her back to Mars. M'gann regarded him as the worst of their kind on Mars. He was killed with a metal pole by his wife as he fought her and the Green Martian, J'onn J'onzz.
Armek was married to M'gann in the past. After she disappeared, he assumed that she had died.
Powers and abilities
- White Martian physiology: Like all White Martians, Armek possessed several incredible powers, such as superhuman strength, near-impenetrable skin, telekinesis, telepathy, shape-shifting, intangibility and even the power to defy gravity.
- Extended longevity: Armek's life span was considerably longer than a normal human and likewise ages much slower. He had been at least 300 years old.
- Super strength: Armek was stronger than humans, as well as some aliens, though not as strong as a fully-powered Kryptonian.
- Super speed: Armek could move at superhuman speeds. This may be due to his enhanced strength seeing as how he can't run at speeds comparable to most speedsters.
- Shapeshifting: Armek was able to change his form at will, even on a cellular level, completely altering his physical appearance, allowing him to transform or mimic other people, animals or other creatures.
- Malleability: Armek could stretch and bend her body (E.g. into large whips to grab things at greats distances).
- Accelerated healing factor: Due to her shape-shifting powers, Armek is able to heal faster than a human would. However, they would not recover from fatal wounds fast enough to survive.
- Contaminant immunity: Armek was immune to human diseases and illness.
- Racial conversion via blood transfusion: If Armek's blood was injected into a Green Martian's blood system, it will turn them into a White Martian.
- Density-shifting/Intangibility: Armek was able to move through solid objects or to increase his density to become near-invulnerable.
- Invulnerability: Armek's body was far denser than a human's, but not quite as durable as that of a Kryptonian.
- Telepathy: Armek was able to read the minds of other people (except for Kryptonians), communicate with others mentally and projects his thoughts in to others, as well as hear others people's conversation psychically. He proved that he could also create a strong psychic link between him and Winn Schott; that allowed him to mimic his skills.
- Mental detection: Armek could feel and detect the mind of others, as well as their intentions, emotions and mental states.
- Psychic translation: As a White Martian, Armek can psychically translate other languages.
- Mental shield: Armek could telepathically shield himself and others from mental intrusions with enough effort, such as preventing other telepaths from scanning his mind.
- Telekinesis: Armek could move and manipulate multiple objects with his mind.
- Flight: By telekinetically moving himself, Armek could simulate flight.
- Multilingual: As a native Martian, Armek speaks that language fluently, in addition to English.
- Fire: Like all Martians, extreme heat or fire could weaken Armek and cause him pain. It could also reveal his true form whenever shapeshifted, as any part of his body that came close enough to touch fire partially transformed back into its true form.
- Maaldorian atmosphere: The air of Maaldoria contains a special sulfide which makes it toxic for Armek.
- Fatal injuries: Despite his regenerative properties, when M'gann stabbed him in the head, he died instantaneously, before he had a chance to regenerate.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Armek is a member of Hyperclan and a White Martian, using his shape-shifting abilities to disguise himself as a large robotic hero. Hyperclan was revealed to be part of an invasion force and Armek battled the Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. During the battle he turned himself yellow in an attempt to exploit the weakness of Kyle's power ring.