In an attempt to capture his ex-wife in order to return with her to Mars, Armek impersonated Winn Schott. When his identity was made aware, a fight ensued, with him fighting against both M'gann and J'onn J'onzz. He was knocked out by M'gann with a metal pole, but shortly regained consciousness and was shot by Alex Danvers.
Powers and abilities
- White Martian physiology: Like all White Martians, Armek possessed several incredible powers, such as superhuman strength, near-impenetrable skin, telekinesis, telepathy, shape-shifting, intangibility and even the power to defy gravity.
- Extended longevity: Armek's life span was considerably longer than a normal human and likewise ages much slower. He had been at least 300 years old.
- Super strength: Armek was stronger than humans, as well as some aliens, though not as strong as a fully-powered Kryptonian.
- Shapeshifting: Armek was able to change his form at will, even on a cellular level, completely altering his physical appearance, allowing him to transform or mimic other people, animals or other creatures.
- Malleability: Armek could stretch and bend her body (E.g. into large whips to grab things at greats distances).
- Accelerated healing factor: Due to her shape-shifting powers, Armek is able to heal faster than a human would.
- Racial conversion via blood transfusion: If Armek's blood was injected into a Green Martian's blood system, it will turn them into a White Martian.
- Density-shifting/Intangibility: Armek was able to move through solid objects or to increase his density to become near-invulnerable.
- Invulnerability: Armek's body was far denser than a human's, but not quite as durable as that of a Kryptonian (but close).
- Telepathy: Armek was able to read the minds of other people (except for Kryptonians), communicate with others mentally and projects his thoughts in to others, as well as hear others people's conversation psychically. He proved that he could also create a strong psychic link between him and Winn Schott; that allowed him to mimic his skills/intelligence.
- Mental detection: Armek could feel and detect the mind of others, as well as their intentions, emotions and mental states.
- Psychic translation: As a White Martian, Armek can psychically translate other languages.
- Mental shield: Armek could telepathically shield himself and others from mental intrusions with enough effort, such as preventing other telepaths from scanning his mind.
- Telekinesis: Armek could move and manipulate multiple objects with his mind.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Armek is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
- Expert of deception/Manipulator: As his shape-shifting powers replicate the physical form and voice of a person, Armek must instead rely on natural acting.
- Multilingual: As a native Martian, Armek speaks that language fluently, in addition to English.
- Pyrophobia: Like all Martians, fire could weaken Armek and cause him pain as martian biology is connected to their psychic state. It could also reveal his true form whenever shapeshifted, as any part of his body that came close enough to touch fire partially transformed back into its true form.
- Maaldorian atmosphere: The air of Maaldoria contains a special sulfide which makes it toxic for Armek.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Armek is a member of Hyperclan and a White Martian, using his shape-shifting abilities to disguise himself as a large robotic hero. Hyperclan was revealed to be part of an invasion force and Armek battled the Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. During the battle he turned himself yellow in an attempt to exploit the weakness of Kyle's power ring.