- For the current season of Arrow, see Season 7 (Arrow).
- For other uses of "Arrow", see Arrow (disambiguation).
Arrow is a television series, and a modern retelling of the DC Comics series Green Arrow. Stephen Amell portrays the eponymous, lead character, Oliver Queen, who fights crime as a vigilante. The series' first season premiered on October 10, 2012, and concluded on May 15, 2013. The second season premiered on October 9, 2013 and concluded on May 14, 2014. The third season premiered on October 8, 2014 and concluded on May 13, 2015. The fourth season premiered on October 7, 2015 and concluded on May 25, 2016. The fifth season premiered on October 5, 2016 and concluded on May 24, 2017. On January 8, 2017, the series was renewed for a sixth season, which premiered on October 12, 2017 and concluded On May 17, 2018. On April 2, 2018, the series was renewed for a seventh season, which is scheduled to premiere during the 2018–19 season.
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for 5 years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother, Moira, much-beloved sister, Thea, and best friend, Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he has become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his ex-girlfriend, Laurel Lance.
As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of the Arrow, a vigilante archer, to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be, flanked by his devoted chauffeur and bodyguard, John Diggle, while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under the cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest Arrow for operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.
At the beginning of most episodes in the first three seasons, a voiceover of Oliver Queen describes briefly the hardships that he faced during his five years away from home. Oliver states that as he has returned, he has decided to help out the people of his city by honoring both his father and his friend, respectively. However, beginning with "", the monologue changed near the end of the season, briefly describing his crusade, but going on to mention his necessary ascension as the heir to the demon, Ra's al Ghul. In the fourth season, the monologue was changed as he realized his old approach on bringing justice isn't enough, which leads him to becoming the Green Arrow. The fifth and sixth season's monologue retains the crusade but also includes Oliver balancing his life as Star City Mayor and as the Green Arrow. However, starting with "", Oliver came to terms following Samantha's death on Lian Yu and decided to pass the Green Arrow mantle to Diggle so that he can take care of his son William.
- "My name is Oliver Queen. For five years, I was stranded on an island with only one goal-- Survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish-- to use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal-- to save my city. But to do so, I can't be the killer I once was. To honor my friend's memory, I must be someone else. I must be something else."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal-- to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them, I'm Oliver Queen. To the rest of Starling City, I am someone else. I am something else."
- "My name was Oliver Queen. For three years, I worked to save my city. But to save my sister, I had to become someone else. I had to become something else."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal-- to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal-- to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts. By day, I lead Star City as its Mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal-- to save my city. But I couldn't honor that commitment and honor the promise I made to the mother of my son. So I asked the best man I know to help. His name is John Diggle and he is the Green Arrow."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After six years of being a vigilante, the only way to achieve my goal and save my city was to confess to being the Green Arrow. Now my family and friends must carry on my mission without me. I am no longer a hero. I am Inmate 4587."
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Hood/The Arrow/Green Arrow
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance/Black Canary (seasons 1–4 and 6; special guest season 5) and Laurel Lance/Black Siren (season 6–present; special guest season 5)
- Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn (season 1; special guest seasons 2–3 and 6)
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen/Speedy (seasons 1–6)
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen (seasons 1–2; special guest season 5)
- Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance (seasons 1–6)
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (season 2–present; recurring season 1)
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal (seasons 2–3 and 7; recurring season 1; special guest seasons 4 and 6)
- Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (season 2; recurring season 1; guest season 3; special guest seasons 5–6)
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer (seasons 3–4; recurring seasons 1–2; special guest seasons 5 & 7)
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific (season 5–present; recurring season 4)
- Josh Segarra as Adrian Chase/Prometheus (season 5; special guest season 6)
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog (season 6–present; recurring season 5)
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary (season 6–present; recurring season 5)
- Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo Diaz/Dragon (season 7; special guest season 6)
- Arrow has had one supplemental web series, Blood Rush, and three supplemental comic book series: Arrow, Arrow: Season 2.5, and Arrow: The Dark Archer. As well, Arrow has had several supplementary books.
- Stephen Amell is the only actor to appear in every episode of Arrow.