Arrow: A Generation of Vipers is an tie-in novel written by Susan and Clay Griffith. It was released on March 28, 2017 and leads from the first novel, . Based on the TV series, it focuses on Oliver Queen and Team Arrow finding a cure to Barry Allen's condition.
The second original novel based on the hit Warner Bros. TV show Arrow and concluding the first crossover between The Flash and Arrow novels!
Continuing from the events of , Team Arrow and Team Flash seek to eliminate the bizarre energy that threatens to kill the Scarlet Speedster. Their quest takes them to Markovia, where they must get past an army of mercenaries and assassins to face the enigmatic Count Wallenstein.
- A few scenes from the novel do not add up within the show's canon:
- The events of the book are stated to take place in October, and given that Barry knows of Zoom but his disease came from the wormhole, that means it must be October 2015—early in Season 2 of The Flash and Season 4 of Arrow. However, Malcolm Merlyn is referred to as having been disgraced from the League of Assassins and no longer holds the title of Ra's al Ghul. Merlyn did not lose the title of Ra's until later in Season 4 in spring of 2016.
- Also, Thea interacts with Barry as the Flash several times. In "", which took place in December 2015 (thus, several months after the events of this novel), Thea asks, "Did I know we knew the Flash?"
- Oliver has flashbacks to events on Lian Yu in which he and Yao Fei fight several of Edward Fyers' soldiers, both of them using bows. There does not seem to be any point in the flashbacks shown in Season 1 when this could have taken place.
- Oliver and Felicity are together, implying it is early in Season 4. However, Felicity has the codename "Overwatch", which she doesn't obtain until later in the season after her paralysis.
|• • • • • • • • • • • • •|