- For the in-universe concept, see multiverse.
The "Arrowverse", also known as the CW Multiverse or simply CWverse, is a television franchise that is based on characters that appear in publications by DC Comics. The shared multiverse is akin to the DC universe in their comic books, which has had crossover plot elements, settings, and characters.
The CW began airing in fall 2012. Due to its success, the network began production for a spin-off the following year. Barry Allen was planned to be introduced in the eighth and ninth episodes of the show's second season, followed by the twentieth episode acting as a backdoor pilot. However, after executives saw the initial episodes, they decided to order the series straight to pilot. In early 2015, the CW announced a web-series for to air on the CW Seed. Two months later, The CW announced an additional series, to air early 2016. On August 12, 2015, Wendy Mericle confirmed their version of John Constantine follows the same continuity as NBC's . On December 12, 2018, Marc Guggenheim confirmed their version of Barry Allen follows the same continuity as CBS's .
|Series name||Original run||Amount of media produced|
There have been a total of 719 episodes aired throughout the Arrowverse across four media platforms: The CW, CW Seed, The WB, NBC, and CBS.
|2014–2015||13 aired episodes; 1 unaired|
Airing on CW Seed and YouTube, three animated and two live action webseries have contributed to the Arrowverse with content being released online.
|Comic book series|
Several comic book issues have been released online revolving around the characters in some of The CW television shows. Later the issues were released as a print graphic novel. As well, a comic book series was for CBS' in print. Several of the issues have been considered non-canon.
|2016||13 issues (+2 special editions)|
Through the internet blogging sites Tumblr and Instagram, The CW promotes .
|2015–2020||101 blog posts|
Several novels have been released revolving around the characters in some of The CW television shows. Portions of the novels have been considered non-canon.
CBS released a video game to promote their television series, .
The CW has made a recent trend of releasing a non-canon advertisement for the current/upcoming seasons of the Arrowverse shows before a new airing block begins.
The CW has released non-canon specials to promote different aspects of the Arrowverse series.
- As a further tie-in, DC Universe Online has a character skin for the Kara Danvers/Supergirl from the television series .
- As of , the following universes are also tied-into the Arrowverse:
- The Batman TV series universe (Set on Earth-66 in the original and new multiverses)
- The Batman Anthology universe (Set on Earth-89 in the original multiverse)
- The Superman Anthology universe (Set on Earth-96 in the original and new multiverses)
- The Smallville universe (Set on Earth-167 in the original and new multiverses)
- The Green Lantern universe (Set on Earth-12 in the new multiverse)
- The Lucifer universe (Set on Earth-666 in the original and new multiverses)
- The DC Extended Universe (Set on Earth-TUD13)
- The Stargirl universe (Set on Earth-2 in the new multiverse)
- The Swamp Thing universe (Set on Earth-19 in the new multiverse)
- The Titans universe (Set on Earth-9 in the original and new multiverses)
- The Doom Patrol universe (Set on Earth-21 in the new multiverse)
- In addition, the early planning stages of Crisis on Infinite Earths saw the writers considering looping the Gotham and Krypton TV series' Earths into the event as well (with their worlds being among those shown dying during the introduction to "").
- The CW was attempting to produce a spinoff series of , titled , but decided not to move forward with the project.
- The CW was also attempting to produce a spinoff series of , titled , but decided not to move forward with the project.
- The CW had considered releasng a series focused on Wonder Girl, but passed on the show.
|• • • • • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|Comic book series|
|• • • • • •|
|• Novels • Shorts • Movies • Specials • • • •|
|Batman '66 universe • DC Extended Universe • Doom Patrol universe • Lucifer universe • Smallville universe • Stargirl universe • Superman Anthology universe • Batman Anthology universe • Swamp Thing universe • Titans universe • Wonder Woman universe|