- "Now I've been wondering, how do you decide between the red hoodie and the one with the mask?"
- —Thea Queen to Roy Harper[src]
A protective suit was worn by Roy Harper as the vigilante Arsenal, and was later repurposed by Thea Queen as Speedy, until she retired from vigilantism. The initial suit was designed and created by Lodai.
The suit originally just consisted of Roy's favorite red hoodie and a mask, a quiver, a bow and arrows. But sometime after Slade Wilson was defeated and imprisoned on Lian Yu by Oliver Queen, John Diggle visited Lodai and requested he make another vigilante suit, similar to Oliver's, with a number of differences for Roy Harper. It is unknown what materials it is made from; with the exception of kevlar, it also seems to resemble the suits worn by his mentors, Oliver as the Arrow, and Sara Lance as the Canary.
After the suit was confiscated by the Starling City Police Department, Malcolm Merlyn managed to retrieve it. It was then given to Thea Queen to give to Roy, though Roy decided to give the suit to Thea before leaving once again.
Thea modified and donned the suit to stop the League of Assassins from releasing a lethal toxin. Afterwards, Oliver christened her as Starling City's newest protector and named her Speedy.
After returning to Star City to stop the Ninth Circle, Roy took back the mantle of Arsenal and with it the suit.
At some point in an erased future, Roy had self-exiled himself to Lian Yu; to atone for his uncontrolled killing of two men during a bloodlust episode. He had donned a new Arsenal suit in this time.
- "This—this is the bomb! And I mean red is so much cooler than green, am I right?"
- —Cisco Ramon to Roy Harper[src]
- Identity concealment: Both Roy Harper and Thea Queen used a red mask to conceal their identities; to keep their friends and families safe from harm.
- Kevlar: The suit is lined with kevlar; to prevent gunshots wounds to the user.
- Scabbard: After Thea started using the suit, behind her quiver she put a scabbard, used to hold her sword.
- Knife holster: During its use by Roy, there was a knife holster on the back of his waist, as well as on his left hip. Once Thea took ownership of the suit, one of the knife holsters moved to her lower left leg, the other was removed.
- Quiver: During its use by both Roy and Thea, the suit has a dual strap quiver, for the user to carry their arrows in.
- Eskrima stick holsters: During its use by Roy, the suit had 2 holsters for eskrima sticks on his lower legs. After Thea started using the suit, the holsters are no longer there.
- Throwing knives: The suit has 4 throwing knives strapped around the thigh.
|Other versions of Arsenal suits|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Arsenal suit.|