- "So we built a machine powerful enough to big-bang a new Speed Force into existence based solely on the teachings of history's most evil speedster. Are we sure we wanna hit this switch?"
- —Ralph Dibny[src]
After the death of the Speed Force, Barry Allen decided to use his daughter, Nora West-Allen's journal, which contained knowledge of the Negative Speed Force taught to her by Eobard Thawne, to create a new Speed Force.
Using this knowledge, Cisco Ramon helped create the machine, which Barry was eager to test as his speed was running out. Cisco, Barry and Ralph Dibny watched as the machine was activated and, while it seemed to be working at first, it ultimately stopped without doing anything important.
While Barry continued to work on the machine, he talked with Allegra Garcia when Godspeed attacked them. However, after an encounter with Godspeed, Cisco realized that the missing element that they needed in order to successfully create an artificial Speed Force is in Atlantis, so he traveled there to get it.
During Cisco's absence, Eva McCulloch started targeting Black Hole, leading Barry to become more frantic in getting the new Speed Force up and running. With the help of Allegra, Nash and Chester, they were able to create the artificial Speed Force, though it cost them Nash and the other Wells' in the process.
- Gravity distortion: Similar to how the particle accelerator (among other things) is able to alter the gravity around it, the machine was able to cause liquids to float upward when activated.
- Lightning generation: The machine is able to generate lightning, and is able to recharge Barry's Speed Force energy.
- Cisco Ramon asks "how did Eobard Thawne manage to build a Speed Force machine on his own?", implying Eobard created a similar machine and used it to give himself powers, as he explained in "", that he "duplicated the reaction" that gave Barry Allen his powers.
- While not stated (because the heroes of Earth-1, Earth-38 and Earth-TUD5 think that Earth-Prime is the only parallel universe in existence) the success of this machine could presumably help restore the powers of every speedster in the multiverse.
- When Barry is given power by this machine, he gives off an incredibly large amount of lightning in comparison to the sparse lightning from the natural Speed Force.