As the Legends are about to take off for their next destination, a massive timequake rocks the ship. In order to try and fix what has happened, they are forced to break the one cardinal rule of time travel. But if they are able to destroy the spear, they will face the ultimate consequence.
- The near end of this episode is quite similar to the near end of the Season 1 finale "":
- Rip Hunter gets a vision of his deceased family in "" while destroying Vandal Savage's final meteor in the sun. In this episode, Sara Lance gets a vision of her deceased sister while using the Spear of Destiny.
- In "", Mick Rory told Leonard Snart goodbye in 2013. In this episode, he brings Snart back to 2014 and bids him a final goodbye.
- At the end of "", the Legends are alerted by a timequake. In this episode, a timequake hits the Waverider after the Legends defeat the Legion of Doom, to which they realize they "broke" time.
- While Sara and Jax are trying to prevent the younger Legends from returning to the ship, they claim that there is a nuclear leak, in an exchange similar to Han Solo's attempt to prevent Imperial forces from coming to the detention level in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
- It is revealed that Thawne recruited Snart from 2014, meaning he was plucked from the timeline sometime between "" and "".
- During Sara's vision of Laurel, the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz can be seen playing on the TV.
- When Nate is in the Waverider with the pre-Doomworld versions of his teammates, he builds an excuse using words on objects around him, just like in the movie The Usual Suspects.
- Jack Turner only spoke one line during the episode.
- The way Jax took down Malcolm Merlyn is similar to how Oliver Queen did so in the Season 1 finale "", in which he thrust an arrow into Malcolm's chest and before knocking him out. In this episode, Jax thrust an arrow into Malcolm's leg and knocked him out
- The conclusion of the episode was reminiscent of the Doctor Who episode, "The Wedding of River Song" where dinosaurs and other past elements existed in the present day after River Song (played by Alex Kingston) altered a fixed point in time.
- Arthur Darvill was featured in this episode.
- The title of this episode is the name of a tiny Dutch Caribbean island off the coast of Venezuela. It's a place where Mick suggests the Legends should go to celebrate after defeating the Legion of Doom.
- This is the last episode to credit Matt Letscher as a series regular.
- This is the last episode to feature Arthur Darvill as a series regular as he is downgraded to recurring in Season 3.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Season Finale Description: “Aruba” - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ Nick Zano (@NICKZANO) - Twitter
- ↑ Caity Lotz (@caitylotz) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|