- For the eponymous location, see Aruba (location).
- "Guys, I think we broke time."
- —Sara Lance
|As the Legends are about to take off for their next destination, a massive timequake rocks the ship. In order to try and fix what has happened, they are forced to break the one cardinal rule of time travel. But if they are able to destroy the spear, they will face the ultimate consequence.|
Rip manages to get the Waverider up and running again, and only after lifting off does he realize that Waverider has been shrunk. Meanwhile, the Legends are attempting to construct their own transmitter to contact the Waverider. Rip's transmission reaches them first. Happy to hear from him, the team ask him to come pick them up, but he says it may be little problematic. Right after he flies in, still shrunken. From this Ray realizes that Thawne has his Atom suit, as only its technology could shrink the Waverider.
The team infiltrate S.T.A.R. Labs to get Ray's suit. They succeed and the Waverider is brought back to original size. The team then informs Rip they have a plan to restore reality, one that he won't like: to go back to France in year 1916 and acquire the blood of Christ, and deliver it to the cathedral in Amiens, where there past selves can acquire it in order to use it to destroy the Spear of Destiny. As the team guessed, Rip doesn't like the plan, as it is a direct violation against the main rule of time travel: never go back to the times and places they have previously visited, as meeting with themselves can break time but even he can't come up with better one.
The team arrives and Ray manages to locate the blood. Unfortunately, Thawne got a drop on their plan, and speeds in and takes the blood vial, and destroys it. He also rips off Ray's heart killing him. Sara saw it all, and angered with grief, she tries to run against Thawne, but Rip talks her out of it. At the same time, Snart meets with Darhk and future Thawne arrives with Malcolm, and informs what the Legends are up to. He then goes to get backup.
Back in the Waverider, Sara is reminded that Ray isn't actually dead, as his past self is still alive. Coming up with a new plan, as part of the past Legends head to the cathedral, Mick, Nate and Rip attempt to infiltrate the past Waverider and acquire the Spear of Destiny, so they can use it themselves to fix reality. However, they run to past Sara, and as they try to explain themselves, past Sara realize something about that was off. Sara and Jax keep an eye out, while Mick, Nate and Rip obtain the Spear. They succeed, but Nate causes more confusion, when she encounters Amaya alive. Eventually, the past Legends return, which leaves Mick, Nate and Rip trapped, since their past selves can't see them. Sara and Jax try to confuse the past Legends, but when past Sara contacts them, she is convinced that Sara outside is fake, and fight ensues. Sara is knocked out, but Ray realizes she is real, which blows the whole situation.
Past Legends bring the future Legends inside the Waverider, and even Rip sees his past self. Past Legends wonder where Ray is, and they are told he died. Future Legends try to explain the situation, but past Sara goes to canteen to think, with future Sara following. Both Saras can't come up with what to do, as someone has to use the Spear. But suddenly, the Legion attack the ship with futuristic weapons, and past Sara takes control and orders Gideon to do a time jump anywhere but here. As the Waverider lifts off, they are struck by a timestorm, a phenomena caused by the interaction between the Legends future and past. The ship crashes. Eventually, both versions of Legends decide to make a stand, and future Legends claim they will sacrifice themselves, as this was always something they wouldn't survive from.
The Legends take on the Legion, and defeat Darhk, Merlyn and Snart, but Thawne arrives with an army time remnants. They start hammering the Legends and Sara, still reluctant to use the Spear, feeling there's too much darkness inside her, attempt to give it to Amaya, but she is knocked out. Everyone encourage Sara to use the Spear, and she does.
Sara finds herself in Laurel's apartment, where she is having a movie night with her sister. Laurel arrives and Sara realizes this isn't real. Laurel confirms it. Sara is still holding the Spear, and contemplates that with the Spear she could undo everything that has happened to her: Queen's Gambit, Lian Yu, League of Assassins and Laurel's death, if she just desires it. But Laurel claims she won't do it and explains the Spear only needs someone to do the right thing. Sara finally makes peace with Laurel's death as she realizes Laurel is also okay with it and tells her she loves her. Sara returns to reality and Thawne snatches the Spear. He attempts to use it again, but the Spear doesn't work. Sara reveals she made one change to reality, and Thawne realizes Sara depowered the spear. Despite that, Thawne intends to kill the Legends, but Sara smugly tells him she needs to outrun him first. Black Flash appears from the Speed Force and finally catches with Thawne, and rips his heart out. He then speeds to Sara with a warning, then disappears. Thawne starts to disappear and screams. With him gone, the time remnants also disappear. With reality restored, future Legends disappear as well, and future Sara reminds her past self that Legends never die.
The Legends return Snart, Merlyn and Darhk back to their original places in time. Mick returns Snart to Central City in 2014, just before Thawne recruited him. Snart claims he will never become the man Mick describes, but Mick says he won't die for himself, but for his friends. He then erases his memories. Sara returns Darhk to Miami in 1987. Darhk claims she hasn't won, as he didn't save Laurel, and that he will kill her eventually, but Sara says she is okay with it as is Laurel. She then erases his memories as well. Amaya is packing her things, as she was to return to 1942. Nate, however, doesn't want her to go, and she decides to stick around, and she and Nate kiss. Later, Rip attempts to leave the ship, when Sara catches him. Rip claims he's going to leave, as Sara has proven to be a lot better captain than he ever was, and he has nothing else to teach to the team. Sara gives him a permission to leave the ship, and he leaves in the jumpship.
As the Legends leave, Sara gives Mick the honor of choosing the destination. He orders Gideon to set course for Aruba (which he had suggested several times earlier). But when Gideon sets the course, another timestorm hits the ship. The ship is knocked out from the time stream, and they once again make a crash landing. Gideon says they have landed in Los Angeles in 2017, but as they gaze outside the ship, Sara says they broke time: dinosaurs roam in the streets, and buildings are from several different time periods.
- The near end of this episode is quite similar to the near end of the Season 1 finale "":
- Rip Hunter gets a vision of his deceased family in "" while destroying Vandal Savage's final meteor in the sun. In this episode, Sara Lance gets a vision of her deceased sister while using the Spear of Destiny.
- In "", Mick Rory told Leonard Snart goodbye in 2013. In this episode, he brings Snart back to 2014 and bids him a final goodbye.
- At the end of "", the Legends are alerted by a timequake. In this episode, a timequake hits the Waverider after the Legends defeat the Legion of Doom, to which they realize they "broke" time.
- While Sara and Jax are trying to prevent the younger Legends from returning to the ship, they claim that there is a nuclear leak, in an exchange similar to Han Solo's attempt to prevent Imperial forces from coming to the detention level in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
- It is revealed that Thawne recruited Snart from 2014, meaning he was plucked from the timeline sometime between "" and "".
- During Sara's vision of Laurel, the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz can be seen playing on the TV.
- When Nate is in the Waverider with the pre-Doomworld versions of his teammates, he builds an excuse using words on objects around him, just like in the movie The Usual Suspects.
- Jack Turner only spoke one line during the episode.
- The way Jax took down Malcolm Merlyn is similar to how Oliver Queen did so in the Season 1 finale "", in which he thrust an arrow into Malcolm's chest and before knocking him out. In this episode, Jax thrust an arrow into Malcolm's leg and knocked him out
- The conclusion of the episode was reminiscent of the Doctor Who episode, "The Wedding of River Song" where dinosaurs and other past elements existed in the present day after River Song (played by Alex Kingston) altered a fixed point in time.
- Arthur Darvill was featured in this episode.
- The title of this episode is the name of a tiny Dutch Caribbean island off the coast of Venezuela. It's a place where Mick suggests the Legends should go to celebrate after defeating the Legion of Doom.
- This is the last episode to credit Matt Letscher as a series regular.
- This is the last episode to feature Arthur Darvill as a series regular as he is downgraded to recurring in Season 3.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|