|As the Legends are about to take off for their next destination, a massive timequake rocks the ship. In order to try and fix what has happened, they are forced to break the one cardinal rule of time travel. But if they are able to destroy the spear, they will face the ultimate consequence.|
- Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein/Firestorm
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Franz Drameh as Jefferson "Jax" Jackson/Firestorm
- Matt Letscher as Professor Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe
- Amy Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer
- Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold
Rip manages to get the Waverider up and running again, and only after lifting off does he realize that Waverider has been shrunk. Meanwhile, the Legends are attempting to construct their own transmitter to contact the Waverider. Rip's transmission ends up reaching them first. Happy to hear from him, the team asks him to come and pick them up, but he says it may be little problematic. Right after he flies in the room the Legends are in, still shrunken. From this Ray realizes that Thawne must have his Atom suit, as only its technology could shrink the Waverider.
The team infiltrates S.T.A.R. Labs to get Ray's suit. They succeed and the Waverider is brought back to its original size. The team then informs Rip that they have a plan to restore reality, one that he won't like: to go back to France in the year 1916 and acquire the blood of Christ, then they will deliver it to the cathedral in Amiens, where their past selves can acquire it in order to use it to destroy the Spear of Destiny. As the team guessed, Rip doesn't like the plan, as it is a direct violation against the main rule of time travel: never go back to the times and places they have previously visited, as meeting with themselves can "break" time but even he can't come up with a better plan.
The team arrives in France and Ray manages to locate the blood. Unfortunately, Thawne knew of their plan, and speeds in and takes the blood vial, destroying it. He also rips out Ray's heart, killing him. Sara saw it all and angered with grief, she tries to go after Thawne, but Rip talks her out of it. At the same time, Snart meets with Darhk and Thawne arrives with Malcolm and informs them what the Legends are up to. He then goes to get "back-up".
Back on the Waverider, Sara is reminded that Ray isn't actually dead, as his past self is still alive. Coming up with a new plan, as part of the past Legends head to the cathedral, Mick, Nate, and Rip attempt to infiltrate the past Waverider and acquire the Spear of Destiny, so they can use it themselves to fix reality. However, they run into past Sara, and as they try to explain themselves, past Sara realizes something about them that was off. Sara keeps an eye out and tells Jax to do the same, while Mick, Nate, and Rip attempt to obtain the Spear. They succeed, but Nate causes more confusion when he encounters past Amaya who is still alive. Eventually, the past Legends return, which leaves Mick, Nate and Rip trapped, since their past selves can't see them. Sara and Jax try to confuse the past Legends, but when past Sara contacts the past Legends, they are convinced that the Sara they are seeing is fake, and a fight ensues. Sara is knocked out, but Ray realizes that she is real, which blows the whole situation.
The past Legends bring the future Legends inside the Waverider, and even Rip sees his past self. The past Legends wonder where Ray is, and they are told that he is dead. The future Legends try to explain the situation, but past Sara goes to the canteen to think, with future Sara following. Both Saras can't come up with what to do, as someone has to use the Spear. But suddenly, the Legion attacks the Waverider with futuristic weapons, and past Sara takes control and orders Gideon to do a time jump to anywhere but here. As the Waverider lifts off, they are struck by a time storm, a phenomenon caused by the interaction between the past and future Legends, which causes the ship to crash. Eventually, both versions of the Legends decide to make a stand, and the future Legends claim they will sacrifice themselves, as this mission was always something they wouldn't survive from.
Both versions of the Legends take on the Legion and eventually defeat Darhk, Merlyn, and Snart. However, Thawne arrives with an army of time remnants. The time remnants start hammering both versions of the Legends and Sara, who is reluctant to use the Spear, feeling there's too much darkness inside her, attempts to give it to Amaya, but Amaya is knocked out. Everyone encourages Sara to use the Spear, and she does.
Sara finds herself in Laurel's apartment, where she is having a movie night with her sister. Laurel arrives and Sara realizes that this isn't real and Laurel confirms it. Sara is still holding the Spear and contemplates that with the Spear she could undo everything that has happened to her: Queen's Gambit, Lian Yu, League of Assassins and Laurel's death, if she just desires it. However, Laurel claims that she won't do it and explains that the Spear only needs someone to do the right thing. Sara finally makes peace with Laurel's death as she realizes Laurel is also okay with it and tells her that she loves her. Sara returns to reality and Thawne snatches the Spear. He attempts to use it again, but the Spear doesn't work. Sara reveals she made one change to reality, and Thawne realizes that Sara depowered the spear. Despite that, Thawne intends to kill the Legends, but Sara smugly tells him she needs to outrun "him" first. Black Flash appears from the Speed Force and finally catches with Thawne, and rips his heart out. He then speeds to Sara with a warning, then disappears. Thawne starts to disappear and screams. With him gone, the time remnants also disappear. With reality restored, the remaining future Legends disappear as well, and future Sara reminds her past self that Legends never die.
The Legends return Snart, Merlyn, and Darhk back to their original places in time. Mick returns Snart to Central City in 2014, just before Thawne recruited him. Snart claims that he will never become the man Mick describes, but Mick says that he won't die for himself, but for his friends. Mick then erases Snart's memories. Sara returns Darhk to Miami in 1987 and Darhk claims that she hasn't won, as she didn't save Laurel, and that he will kill her eventually, but Sara says she is okay with it as is Laurel. She then erases his memories as well. Amaya is packing her things, as she was planning to return to 1942. Nate, however, doesn't want her to go, and she decides to stick around, and she and Nate kiss. Later, Rip attempts to leave the ship, when Sara catches him. Rip claims that he's going to leave, as Sara has proven to be a lot better captain than he ever was, and he has nothing else to teach to the team. Sara gives him permission to leave the ship, and he leaves in the jumpship.
As the Legends leave, Sara gives Mick the honor of choosing the destination. He orders Gideon to set a course for Aruba. However, when Gideon sets the course, a time quake hits the ship and the ship is knocked out from the time stream, once again making a crash landing. Gideon says that they have landed in Los Angeles in 2017, but as they gaze outside the ship, Sara says they broke time as they notice dinosaurs roaming in the streets and buildings from several different time periods.
- The events at the near end of this episode are quite similar events at the near end of the Season 1 finale "":
- In "Legendary", Rip Hunter gets a vision of his deceased family while destroying Vandal Savage's final meteor. In this episode, Sara Lance gets a vision of her deceased sister, Laurel Lance, while using the Spear of Destiny.
- In "Legendary", Mick Rory bid Leonard Snart goodbye. In this episode, he brings Snart back to 2014 and bids him a final goodbye.
- At the end of "Legendary", the Legends are alerted by a time quake. In this episode, a time quake hits the Waverider after the Legends defeat the Legion of Doom. The Legends realize that they caused the time quake and that they also "broke" time.
- While Sara and Jax are trying to prevent the younger Legends from returning to the ship, they claim that there is a nuclear leak, in an exchange similar to Han Solo's attempt to prevent Imperial forces from coming to the detention level in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
- It is revealed that Eobard Thawne recruited Snart from 2014, meaning he was plucked from the timeline sometime between the events of "" and "".
- During Sara's vision of Laurel, the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz can be seen playing on the TV.
- When Nate is in the Waverider with the pre-Doomworld versions of his teammates, he builds an excuse for why they have to stay on the Waverider using words on objects around him, just like in the movie The Usual Suspects.
- Jack Turner only spoke one line during this episode.
- The way Jax took down Malcolm Merlyn is similar to how Oliver Queen did so in the Season 1 finale of , "", in Oliver thrust an arrow into Malcolm's chest and then knocked him out. In this episode, Jax thrust an arrow into Malcolm's leg and knocked him out
- The conclusion of the episode was reminiscent of the Doctor Who episode, "The Wedding of River Song" where dinosaurs and other past elements existed in the present day after River Song (played by Alex Kingston) altered a fixed point in time.
- The title of this episode is the name of a tiny Dutch Caribbean island off the coast of Venezuela. It's a place where Mick suggests the Legends should go to celebrate after defeating the Legion of Doom.
- This is the last episode of to feature Matt Letscher (Eobard Thawne) and Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) as series regulars. Darvill is downgraded to a guest star next season.
- Future Sara tells present Sara "Legends never die." Present Nate says: "Really? Goonies?" That quote wasn't from The Goonies, but from The Sandlot wherein a dream, Babe Ruth tells Benny, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
- Future Sara and present Nate could actually be referring to the quote "Goonies never say die", which is from The Goonies.
- In the docks scene that takes place in Miami, snow is seen falling.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|