- "You don't think you need us anymore. Look Rip, this is our mess. You have to let us fix it."
- "Using your team to fix anything is like doing brain surgery with a chainsaw."
- —Sara Lance and Rip Hunter
When the Legends realize that they broke the timeline, Rip Hunter arrives with his new organization - the Time Bureau - to relieve them of duty. The Legends are thrilled to get a chance to put the team back together but a new threat arises when Rory spots Julius Caesar in Aruba. Sara, Nate, and Ray devise a plan to steal the Waverider back from the Time Bureau in order to try and stop Julius Caesar from conquering the modern world.
- The title is a pun that both references the beach party that is held at Aruba during the episode and refers to "A Rubicon" that Caesar tells Sara to pass later in the episode, referencing his decision to go against the orders of the Roman Senate.
- The title of this episode also references that the episode continues from the previous episode in which the "Con" in "Aruba-Con" is short for "Continued".
- After Sara throws a knife into a board, Val orders her to stop, telling her this isn't an audition for America Ninja Warrior, a show in which the participants must work through increasingly difficult obstacle courses.
- Stein exclaims "Great Caesar's ghost!," a phrase popularly used by DC character Perry White.
- Ray and Nate parody a phrase popularly attributed to Julius Caesar, "I came, I saw, I conquered" (or in its original Latin form, "Veni, vidi, vici"), replacing the last section with "we kicked Caesar's ass."
- ”We came, we saw, we kicked its ass” is a similar quote from the 1984 film Ghostbusters.
- As of this episode, both Sara and Ray have revealed to the world (2017) that they are still alive.
- Unfortunately, Ray wasn't able to get back control of Palmer Technologies, forcing him to be employed by a computer programmer unappreciative of his skills.
- Nate and Jax agree that they're "pretty good at taking down legions," in reference to Caesar's legion of Romans. This is a nod to the Legion of Doom, the previous season's main villains.
- While fighting the Roman empire as Firestorm, Jax shouts: "Surrender your prisoner in the name of Ares, the god of war!". Coincidentally, this is a nod to Wonder Woman villain, Ares.
- However, Professor Stein then corrected Jax, saying, "Mars is the Roman god of war, Jefferson". Ares is actually the name of the Greek god of war.
- Parts of Amaya's biography viewed by Nate near the end of the episode seem to have been copied from her article in the Arrowverse Wiki.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Wally West outside of .
- This is the first season premiere not to feature Oliver Queen/Green Arrow.
- Amy Pemberton, who voices Gideon, makes a pseudo-appearance in the form of a photograph she uses to create a fake Upswipz profile.
- Professor Stein explains Caesar's ability to understand and fluently speak English after ending up in present-day Aruba as being a side effect of temporal displacement. When the Legends returns him to his proper point in the timeline (49 B.C.), Sara wipes Caesar's memory, and Nate checks a book on the rise of the Roman empire to ensure that history's back on track. Unnoticed by the group as they're leaving, Caesar gets a hold of Nate's book and subsequently uses it as a tool to conquer the known world, and then the unknown world. However, because Caesar's mind was wiped after they took him back to 49 B.C., he shouldn't have been able to read Nate's book, which was printed in English.
Preparation ran from July 7 until July 17, 2017. Shooting began on July 18 and ran until July 28, 2017.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • """ • "|