- "So I grew up in Hell, had minions do my bidding, and rose to power 'til I practically ran the place."
During the chaos of Neron taking control of Hell from the Triumvirate, Astra stole eighteen evils souls and released them, allowing them to resurrect on the new Earth-Prime. She secretly plotted against the Triumvirate to become the new queen of Hell and take her revenge on Constantine.
Upon learning how the Fates were manipulating her, Astra decided to choose her own destiny and leave Hell, joining the Legends on the Waverider. However, after drinking from the Chalice of Dionysus and becoming immortal for 24 hours, Astra was coerced by Lachesis to stay loyal to the Fates by stealing the Waverider upon seeing the pain and suffering she would endure as a human. She was ultimately convinced by Gary Green to rejoin the Legends and redeem herself, only to be killed by Atropos for her betrayal.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Original multiverse
- 1.2 New multiverse
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 References
- "It's strange, the memories you hold on to when someone is gone."
- —Astra Logue[src]
When Astra was a child, Natalie took her to a strawberry farm and the two of them ate there together all day.
Years later, after Astra was possessed by a demon, John Constantine, Anne Marie Flynn, Gary Lester, Ritchie Simpson and Chas Chandler all came to her aid in an attempt to exorcise the demon. Their plan failed, as Nergal then violently dragged Astra to Hell for eternity in front of everyone.
Five years later, John traveled to Hell to save the soul of Ray Palmer. Upon arriving, Satan offered John a chance to save Astra's instead. John chose to save her, but Astra, now a grown woman, revealed to John that she didn't want to leave Hell, preventing John from saving both her and Ray.
Later in Hell, Astra helps John and Nora Darhk break into the Soul Exchange to get Ray's soul token. While the two of them look for his, Astra negotiated with a bank employee and obtained sixteen evil souls (including Caligula, Charles Manson, Genghis Khan, Grigori Rasputin, John Wayne Gacy, Joseph Stalin, Lizzie Borden, Mary Tudor, Marie Antoinette, Benjamin Siegel, Kathy Meyers and Damien Darhk). She later goes to the front desk of the Soul Exchange and releases the sixteen souls from Hell, offering them a second chance.
In the new multiverse that was recreated by the Paragons and Spectre after the Anti-Monitor Crisis, it is revealed that John Constantine was an old friend and ex-boyfriend of Astra's mother, Natalie Logue. After Natalie was killed by a drunk driver, John attempted to resurrect her. While she was successfully resurrected, the ritual was botched, and a demon possessed Astra then subsequently dragged her to Hell. Astra's devastated mother then committed suicide out of guilt.
Queen of Hell
Constantine meets with Astra, facing her about the Encores she discharged. She declines in light of the fact that those spirits are giving her with new souls. She is likewise tormenting a companion of his and on the off chance that he needs to stop him, she needs to slaughter her, which would be trivial. Later, Constantine hauls the encore Benjamin Siegel to hell with him to stand up to Astra with one projectile left in the Hellfire gun yet he discloses to her that he's never abandoning her. So, he utilizes the last shot to obliterate Ben rather.
Later, Astra plays poker in Hell, her game hindered by Lachesis who is worried about their misfortunes so far. She chooses to "play mischievous" and tears an accessory from her neck containing Constantine's soul token. Astra attempts to get Constantine's life expectancy abbreviated and does as such, in return for some help.
In Purgatory, Constantine finds that it is Astra and attempts to persuade her that whatever she's done to get this going is a snare. He likewise discloses to her that he can change her mom's destiny and fix things, yet Astra won't play and won't give him additional time. A time later, John finally persuaded Astra that he can really spare her mom and she fixes a mind-blowing shortening, sending him back to follow through on his promise.
In Hell, Lachesis sees that John Constantine is alive again and weights Astra into attempting to discover what his arrangement is so they can spare her mother without her, and let John decay. John enchants to and a "government operative" (which is actually Astra) back to Hell, and thumps Astra oblivious in Hell and out of the physical plane.
On the Waverider, Ava Sharpe takes Mick Rory and Gary Green to accompany her to Hell so she can drive Astra to support them. The three show up in Hell and approach an demon for bearings to discover Astra; he reveals to them she's at her club. Astra brings Ava and Gary into her office with the goal that she can demonstrate that she didn't send the Encores after John. She understands that Lachesis had taken her entire existence coins by imitating her and getting her collaborator to open her vault. Constantine's spirit coin has additionally been taken off her neck and supplanted with Vandal Savage's. Astra stands up to Lachesis and Atropos. Lachesis reveals to her that the spirit coins were turning into an interruption, and that she took the coins to drive her to think greater. She uncovers what their identity is, and welcomes her to go along with them as the third Fate, supplanting Charlie.
Astra is as yet stressed over her mom's destiny, yet the Fates reveal to her that she's reasoning excessively little and that as a destiny she can administer over something other than Hell. Astra says she will go along with them, yet that she needs Constantine's coin, as he is hers to play with. Astra discharges the Legends and advises them to support John. At the point when she uncovers that she's working with the Fates, Ava persuades her to assume responsibility for her life and accompany them to spare her mom without anyone else. He recovers it similarly as Ava and Nate Heywood show up, at that point they all arrival to the Waverider, where John discovers that Astra is there to administer development of the Loom.
Joining the Legends
Leaving Hell for the Waverider
- "I am still in Hell, aren't I?"
- —Astra about working with the Legends[src]
With the three rings of the Loom of Fate found, Astra and John Constantine decide that it is time for him to keep his promise and revive her mother; however, when the Legends have a meeting as to who should be resurrected first, Clotho chooses Behrad Tarazi. The attempt is a failure though and results in damaging the Waverider. Astra thinks that she can help since she was groomed to be a Fate, but she is denied access to the Loom. Later, when the Loom disappears, she is blamed and imprisoned, but video footage obtained by Zari Tarazi reveals that the hellhound Marchosias caused it to be flushed into the sanitary system. After tricking the Legends into releasing her, Astra tells Constantine the hellhound's real name, allowing him to cast a banishing spell. Zari offers Astra a tour of the ship as a sign of friendship, but Astra quickly rejects it.
Astra becomes a founding member of Delta Chi Sigma; she recruited Silvia Hines, who personally thanked her for being a friend and sorority sister, causing Astra to slowly soften. She is later approached by Lachesis who wants a favor after Astra drank from the Chalice of Dionysus and gained temporary godhood.
Redemption and death
After joining the Fates to repay her debt, Astra is forced to steal the Waverider as Lachesis and Atropos board it and reclaim their rings. While onboard Astra clashes with Atropos over feelings and loyalty. Atropos suggests killing Astra after she mentions that in return for her loyalty to the Fates, Astra wants her mother brought back to life. However, Lachesis stops Atropos from attempting to kill her ex-protege, Astra. While Atropos is conjuring zombies to stop the Legends in 2020 Britain, Lachesis manipulates Astra by showing her a vision of her mother dying in front of her again. After witnessing this, Astra decides to spare herself the trouble and reluctantly joins the sisters as the third Fate.
After Atropos discovers that someone stole the three rings to their Loom of Fate, Astra quickly finds out it’s Gary Green after seeing the carrots from his bunny. After the trio capture Gary, Lachesis and Atropos have Astra torture Gary for information on where he hid the rings, since he used his magic to teleport them somewhere. Whilst torturing him, Gary forces Astra to open up on her good memories with her mom when they were picking strawberries. After she shared that memory, Gary finally convinced Astra to betray the Fates. As Astra was about to free him and they were about to fix the Time Courier to escape, Atropos entered the room. Atropos told her she is just as weak as any other human and her immortality is up. After that, Atropos throws her dagger at Astra, striking her in the heart, killing her, much to Gary’s horror.
Charlie resurrects Astra but removes her memories and makes her a part of the television show Highcastle Abbey so that she and the Legends will not be killed by the Fates for inciting free will in the otherwise docile masses of their remade world. To pacify Astra, Charlie made Natalie a character as well with Constantine as their manservant. Eventually, Astra regains her memories, and ultimately chooses to leave the fantasy when she discovers that Natalie is fictional.
Astra accompanies the other Legends in their attempt to destroy the Loom; Constantine tells her that if she focuses her magical powers, she is very potent. Constantine has her focus on her mother to focus the magic, but during her spell casting, she is distracted with memories of Lachesis. She later confides in Constantine that she does not know where her loyalties lie, between her biological mother or her adopted one.
Astra confronts Lachesis and learns that Lachesis was more concerned about replacing Clotho than actually raising her. Lachesis soon sends Encores to kill her so Astra and the Legends fight for her life.
Abduction of Sara
Reluctant team member
Astra went to a poker game and had a good time as she continued to win; she knew enough about bluffing and reading people to make the game easy. Ava and Mick entered and told her that Sara was missing, so Astra helped to collect the other Legends. While getting Nate, Astra and the others learned that David Bowie had a video recording of Sara's abduction.
At John Constantine's house, Astra and Zari watched as Constantine tried to use a spell and his connection to Sara to find the captain, but he was failing and was upset about it. Zari asked Astra to use her connections with Hell to help them with outer space; though hesitant, Astra complied. Astra learned that a spell known by Aleister Crowley might help them. Astra and Zari went to get the spell book from Gary Green's room and saw a giant cocoon there. Upon further inspection, they found an image inducer in the form of Gary's eyeglasses.
After reporting this to the other Legends, it was determined that Gary was an alien, pretending to be human.
Later, Astra observed how Constantine acted around Zari. Astra told Constantine that she did not want to be an active Legend and wanted to enjoy life as a mortal. As Constantine listened, Astra also wondered how long his relationship with Zari would last if they view their relationship differently.
Being trained by Aleister Crowley
Using her powers
- "If you really want to win, it is not enough to be good at your own game. You also have to take out the competition..."
Before being unfairly commended to Hell, Astra was a kind, caring, polite, cheerful and innocent child. However, she got possessed by a demon who then killed her in retaliation after being exorcised out of her dragging her spirit to Hell, where she quickly grew up losing her innocence and started blaming John Constantine for her being there.
Although Astra did admit that, before she lost her innocence, she believed he would rescue her from the literal Hell she was in one day. Growing up, Astra learned how to manipulate others to do her work, by making the person believe that what they are doing was of their own volition when it was truly her implanted idea, but had no problems doing things herself if she needed. Upon returning from Hell, she had to learn to trust others and patience; her experience with the Legends did both.
Powers and abilities
- "I have never seen anyone take to the dark arts with such ease. Your natural talents are unparalleled."
- —Aleister Crowley[src]
- Magic: Astra has inherited powerful magic from her mother. Although she isn't yet very skilled at using it, she is a source of magic. According to John Constantine, if Astra focuses her magical powers, she is strong enough to destroy the Loom of Fate.
- Glamour: After some training from Crowley, Astra was able to change the appearance of herself and rubbish into money, diamonds and gold though since it was a basic spell it didn’t last long.
- Transmutation: Astra was able to change the Legends into house home items.
- Soul Transfer: Astra was able to transfer Crowley souls from the picture he was trapped in and put it in John’s body and put John’s soul in the picture to replace Crowley.
- Magic Negation: Astra was able to use her mother’s cleansing spell to negate Crowley's magic and revert everything he had changed back to normal.
- Mnemokinesis: After some tutoring from John, Astra is cable of searching in another person's (or alien's) mind to see their memories.
- Pyrokinesis: Astra is cable of summoning fire from a spell book but was not able to control it and after her second try she managed to lit John’s finger on fire to trick Zari that John still had his powers under control.
- Fragokinesis: Astra is capable of using spells to make things or alien explode as shown when she blown up a alien giant worm.
- Conjuring: Aster is capable of conjuring a cart with coffee on it and Behrad’s car keys.
- "You're the woman who clawed her way to the tops of Tartarus. Looks like you've discovered the hard way that you can't take that power with you, eh?"
- —Aleister Crowley[src]
- Immortality: After drinking from the Chalice of Dionysus, Astra gained the ability of immortality for 24 hours.
- Resurrection: Astra learned how to resurrect people in history and bring them back with only their soul token.However, she lost most of the power she gained in Hell after she was resurrected.
- Teleportation: Astra could send people around Hell with a snap of her fingers as seen when she sent Masher to her sight.However, she lost most of the power she gained in Hell after she was resurrected.
- Interdimensional travel: Astra was able to travel from Hell to Purgatory whenever she wanted.However, she lost most of the power she gained in Hell after she was resurrected.
- Occult knowledge: Astra has acquired extensive knowledge of the supernatural.
- Expert knife thrower: Astra has proven to having a level of proficiency with knifes.
- Bilingual: Along with English, Astra is capable of speaking Latin also to perform spells.
- Skilled hand- to hand combatant: Astra has proven to be a skilled fighter as shown when she and the legends were fighting the Encores.
- Demonology: Due to growing up in hell, Astra has gained a knowledge of demons, even being able to correctly identify a Hellhound's true name.
- Singing: Astra seems to be a decent singer.
- Inexperience: Unlike John and her mother Natalie, Astra is inexperienced in magic and is still learning how to harness and use it.
- Mortality: Due to being in hell for most her life Astra is still getting used to being mortal and alive again.
- Soul tokens: While in Hell, Astra had a bunch of tokens that could be used as currency or bargaining chips.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Astra is technically a teenager by Earth's timeline as she was 9 in 2014 when sent to Hell. However, due to her time in Hell, which has a warped time flow, she is physically an adult.
- While unconfirmed, Astra likely only remembered Earth-1's history until Constantine confronted her in about the Encores she'd released and sparked Earth-Prime memories to override her original ones, due to Hell being a plane of existence that is outside the normal multiverse, and thus, unaffected by Crisis.
Behind the scenes
- Ironically, Olivia Swann (who plays Present Day Astra) was born in 1992, thirteen years before Astra.
- In the DC comics, Astra Logue (also called Astrid), is the abused daughter of club-owner, Alex Logue. In 1978, she had summoned up a demon called Norfulthing that killed Logue and his associates. John Constantine and the Newcastle Crew tried to summon another demon to defeat it but failed to name and bind it properly. That demon, Nergal, killed Norfulthing as well took Astra to Hell with him. This failure greatly impacted John and led him to be committed to Ravenscar Secure Facility. However, at the end of the Critical Mass storyline, John succeeds in freeing Astra and every child's soul trapped in Hell, allowing them to depart to Heaven.
- Chelsea Jackson was a stunt double for Olivia Swann in the role of Astra Logue.