The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "No matter what I do to stop Grodd, he just keeps finding new ways to attack, new ways to destroy, and I... Iris doesn't think I should, but the only way this ends is if I kill him."
- —Barry Allen to Harry Wells
|When Grodd and his army of gorillas bring the battle to Earth-1, The Flash and team must find a way to stop them before they destroy Central City. Gypsy returns to join the fight. Meanwhile, Jesse Quick decides she wants to stay with Wally on Earth-1.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells and Dr. Harry Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Violett Beane as Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick
- Jessica Camacho as Gypsy
- Keith David as Solovar (voice)
- David Sobolov as Grodd (voice)
- This episode takes place around Valentine's Day.
- When Cisco claims that they need Gypsy, she asks if he's trying to "Luke Starkiller" her, referencing the original name of the protagonist, Luke Skywalker, from the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Harry quotes the 1976 film Rocky, claiming about Cisco's Vibe glasses, "It's an improvement". Cisco picks up on this reference, to which Wells acknowledges the actor who spoke it, Burgess Meredith.
- Wells later references Rocky again, exclaiming, "yo Rocky" when Barry is beating a punching bag, a nod to the title character's role as a professional boxer.
- When they are unable to find the identity of Matthew McNally, Cisco jokes that they're calling him "Jason Bourne", referencing the character from the Bourne novels and films.
- H.R. mentions a poet from his Earth, "Alfred Yankovic", to which Iris asks if he means "Weird Al". "Weird Al" Yankovic is a musician who parodies many famous songs.
- The missile launcher has a striking resemblance to the one used by Edward Fyers in 's Season 1 flashbacks on Lian Yu.
- After Grodd is defeated, he is mentioned to have been detained at A.R.G.U.S.. Caitlin states that Grodd can be thrown into the same cage as King Shark for all she cares, since any good in him is long gone. Cisco then states that was a fight he'd pay money to see. This subtly foreshadows the Season 5 episode, "".
- The movie that Wally and Jesse are watching at the end of the show is Casablanca.
- The "Friends Day" card H. R. prepared for Harry states "All evil has fallen is what the boy yells for no meta can [illegible]".
- This is the second time that Grodd tries to make Joe shoot himself, first time being in "".
- Jesse and Cisco both refer to Harry as "Deadman." Deadman is a character in the DC Comics universe and is a member of Justice League Dark.
- When Cisco and Gypsy talk on Earth-19, it is raining in Gypsy's scenes and dry in Cisco's scenes.
- A five-digit code has 100,000 possible different combinations, not 90,000.
- No individual, not even the President, can order a nuclear strike. Certainly a single General couldn't do it.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.