The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
third season of , and the fifty-ninth episode overall. It aired on February 21, 2017. It acts as the first half of the two-part "Gorilla City" event.
|When Jesse Quick informs the team that her father has been abducted, Barry, Caitlin, Cisco and Julian voyage to Earth-2 on a rescue mission to save Harry from Gorilla City. As they trek through the forest, Barry and the team are immediately captured and brought to Grodd. Grodd tells them he needs their help to stop Solovar, the leader of Gorilla City, as Solovar wants to invade Earth-1.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells and Dr. Harry Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special appearance by
- Violett Beane as Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick
- Jessica Camacho as Gypsy
- Keith David as Solovar (voice)
- David Sobolov as Grodd (voice)
- Arpad Balogh as Robber 1
- Julian makes a reference to Planet of the Apes. This is a possible reference to his actor, Tom Felton's, role in the 2011 film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- This is the third episode to centrally takes place on Earth-2, after "" and "".
- This is the first appearance of Grodd since season 2's "".
- Cisco comments on how Julian's attire resembles the character Indiana Jones.
- Harry later refers to Julian as "Indiana" when he meets him in reference to this.
- Cisco quips "welcome to the jungle, baby", likely referencing the 1987 Guns N' Roses song "Welcome to the Jungle".
- This song was also featured in Superhero Fight Club 2.0, used to tease the addition of Supergirl to The CW. In the promo, Cisco actually sings part of the song to playfully goad the superheroes as they fight their way through a series of challenges, the last of which is Gorilla Grodd, the villain of this episode.
- This is the second time an Earth-1 resident (Grodd) doesn't appear on Earth-1 at all. The first time was in "" with Caitlin.
- Cisco advises Barry to "pull a Reverse-Flash", causing him to strike Solovar in the stomach with a vibrating hand, harkening back to the move used by Eobard Thawne.
- Barry makes use of the idiom "While there's life, there's hope".
- This is one of the few episodes to feature Earth-2 without featuring that Earth's Central City at all.
- H.R. begins charades by acting out a single-worded film with shivering, likely referencing any number of films titled Frozen.
- Grodd's plan to overthrow Solovar and rule Gorilla City in his place is taken from Grodd of War, one of the comics in the Flashpoint series.
- Early on when Barry tells Iris, "Everything I do, I do for you", the first chord of the Bryan Adams song of the same name is heard in the score.
- Cisco mentions Fay Wray, who was the lead actress in the original 1933 version of King Kong.
- When Jesse and later Harry meet H.R. after traveling from Earth-2, they immediately recognize his face. It is not explained how they are able to do this as in "", H.R. uses the facial transmogrification device to alter his face into Randolf Morgan for everybody except Team Flash present at that time. As H.R. only met Jesse and his Earth-2 doppelgänger briefly before this episode, it is unlikely that he would have added them to the list of people who are allowed to see his real face.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.