Aurafacians are alien organisms that attach themselves to a host body. They can transform between a three-dimensional shape (usually an animal native to whatever planet they are on) and into a flat pattern that resembles a tattoo.
Powers and abilities
A aurafacian is a spider-like symbiote that allows the capability to bond with a variety species (including humans) This enables the host to access his newfound powers:
- Spiders creation/Control: A aurafacian can create spiders throughout the host's body. These spiders can enter individuals and kill them.
- Projectile webbing: The host can launch webbing from the host's wrist at quick speeds which are strong enough to hold Kryptonians.
- Superhuman durability: The host gains extreme durable.
- Transformation: Transforms between a three-dimensional shape (usually an animal native to whatever planet they are on such as a spider) and into a flat pattern that resembles a tattoo. In this form, The Aurafacian is basically liquid and can be treated like regular tattoo ink. Which makes them difficult to track and even more difficult to capture.
- Enhanced Strength: Its host's is stronger than normal humans.
- Enhanced speed: Its host's can move much faster than normal humans.
- Infection: Aurafacians are able to infect and possess a host body from virtually any biological species such as humans.
- James Olsen's device: James is armed with some sort of device that can negate an Aurafacian's ability to generate webs.
- Magnetic resonance siphoner: Alex utilizes a device that uses the magnetic resonance in a Aurafacian's body to attract the heavy metals in their ink to siphon them out of James's and Caroline's body after they became infected.
- Host's death: If the host dies the symbiote needs to find a new body to inhabit.
- The Aurafacian was one of the aliens that Lex had transferred out of the DEO's desert facility, and had never been relocated. Presumably, While he was President.