- "I still remember the first time I met Axl. It was in the vents. I was tiny Atom. He was a big rat. And he tried to eat me."
- —Ray Palmer talking about Axl[src]
During one of the Legends's missions, Axl's name became an aberration, being changed to "Josh Groban" due to rock never becoming popular. During this mission, Axl died from ingesting poison. His body was found by his owner. Ray Palmer, Sara Lance, and Rory attended a funeral for the rat held by the former. Axl later appeared as a ghost because of the Death Totem and Rory bid farewell to his pet before he disappeared.
Powers and abilities
- Ghost physiology: As a ghost, Axl has special abilities.
- Astral projection: Axl is not here in a natural form, she is a projection of his soul.
- Invisibility: Axl cannot be visibly perceived by other human beings.
- Intangibility: Axl can pass through anything and everything.
- Size alteration: When Axl become a ghost, it may increase in size.
- Teleportation: Axl is able to transport from place to place, seemingly in no time at all.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- Axl was named after rock legend Axl Rose of rock band Guns N' Roses fame. This is evidenced by the fact that Ray moved to sing the Guns N' Roses hit single "Sweet Child O' Mine" at Axl's funeral. Also, in the slightly altered timeline where Elvis Presley was kept from popularizing rock, Axl was instead named Josh Groban, a famous pop singer.