Barack "Barry" Obama is a well-known individual, implied to have become a politician.
While at college in 1979, Barack was attacked by Grodd, who was attempting to kill him to create an anachronism in the hopes of weakening his master, Mallus', prison. The attempt on his life was eventually thwarted by the Legends, and shortly afterward he advised Sara Lance in his dorm room before she erased his memory of the entire ordeal.
Later in his life, Barack became very well known and was often in the public eye. Cisco Ramon once mentioned in his blog that he lived during Obama's "first term", which, along with Grodd's remark about "making America Grodd again" by killing Obama, implies some sort of political career relevant for the entire country of the USA, likely President as Tommy Merlyn mentioned America had its first black president while Oliver had been gone for 5 years.
- "Where are you going?"
- "To go talk to someone who can think straight when the whole world has gone crazy."
- —Rip Hunter and Sara Lance[src]
- High-level intellect/Political acumen: Obama studied political science at Occidental College, having written "The Underworld's Contempt for Democracy" during his time there and received an A+ on his paper. He studied John F. Kennedy's book, "Profiles in Courage" and was nearly done with his final term paper, "Poly-Sci 505" before Grodd attacked him. Obama was calm in the face of adversity, as he even attempted to reason with the giant ape with diplomatic rhetoric. He was even able to grasp Sara Lance's convoluted situation after she came to him for advice on her predicament, and he encouraged her to face the unorthodox situation with an equally unorthodox solution.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Chronicles of Cisco
Behind the scenes
- In real life, Barack Obama was the 44th President of the United States of America, who served two terms from 2009 to 2017.
- In the first season episode "", Tommy mentions to Oliver that in his time marooned, he'd missed a black president, referencing Obama's real world role as the President of the United States at that time.