He later searched for Gambi whilst the A.S.A. were going door-to-door to search for meta-humans and, after finding him, learned of Gambi's affiliation with Black Lightning and Thunder. However, after a meaningful conversation about his powers and its effect on his humanity, Baron found himself overloaded and collapsed, leaving Gambi to find someone to aid him.
After Lynn Stewart provided a dose of the meta stabilization cure to Gambi, Baron reawakens and asks Gambi why he's helping him and is told that he reminds him of someone. Jefferson then arrives at the bunker and greets Baron. Later on, after resting, Baron tells Gambi about what he learned from the bitcoin transaction and reveals that it was Lady Eve behind the assassination attempt on Gambi.
Baron then aided in saving Khalil Payne by hacking into the Painkiller chip in his brain. However, upon entering the chip, Baron found himself attacked by Painkiller and was quick to escape, leaving him shaken. After Gambi converses with Jennifer Pierce, Baron realises that they require a firewall in order to separate the Painkiller system from Khalil. With the help of Jennifer's powers, Baron is able to trap Painkiller, allowing Khalil to freely take control of his brain and reawaken. Later on, Baron joins the team assembled by Sara Grey and Black Lightning. During this time, Jennifer and Brandon voice their concerns of Khalil not waking up, prompting Baron to hypothesise that Khalil may not be strong enough to escape Painkiller's control. He then decides to re-enter the chip on Jennifer's behest in order to locate Khalil and convince him to wake up. Despite finding him, though, Khalil refuses to leave, forcing an unsuccessful Baron to retreat and inform the group. Jennifer then suggests that she turn herself into a living electrical current into to join Baron in freeing Khalil. After once again finding Khalil, the two succeed in convincing Khalil to leave, allowing him to finally awaken.
Baron is a fearful yet kind person who is willing to help others. Although, despite this, he feels more connected to technology and often spends more time talking to various systems instead of actual humans. This would eventually take a toll on him once he collapsed from overusing his powers, prompting Gambi to remind him to talk to 'real people' in order to retain his humanity.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: Due to being a meta-human, Baron has special abilities involving any piece of technology.
- Technopathy: Baron's unique power to communicate with technology allows him to manipulate and control various technological devices and systems, such as computers or even electronically controlled doors. Baron can even hack technology as advance like the A.S.A.
- Eye transformation: Whilst communicating with technology, Baron's eyes change either green or blue depending on what system he's communicating with.
- Teleportation: Baron is able to mentally enter systems, especially ones with biological factors such as implants.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Geoffrey Barron, also known as Technocrat, is a superhero and a member of the Outsiders.