Barry Patrick Allen is a meta-human speedster, known as the Flash and stylized as the Red Phantom, and a scientist in the Criminal and Forensic Science Division of the Central City Police Department. He is the last known survivor of Earth-90.
Growing up, Barry was constantly coming second place, and felt he was never able to escape the shadow of his father and brother.
In his youth, Barry was interested in archaeology, and even took a job at a museum under the guidance of Ted Preminger, who became a father figure to Barry, until he switched to studying police science, after which Preminger cut Barry out of his life.
Becoming the Flash
Barry was working in the CCPD lab one night after Julio Mendez left the lab, a violent storm happened and got accidentally struck by lighting putting him in a coma for few hours. Later in a hospital, Barry wakes up completely safe wonders about his life when he realize how much he almost died. Later at a dinner with Iris, Barry and Iris talk about them self but Barry wants to return to the lab which make Iris disappointed that he already wants to work. At CCPD, Barry receive a call by the doctor that reveals that the test shows some kind of cell damage and recommended Barry to make a check up at S.T.A.R. Labs but he decline knowing their bad reputation. Later Barry realize that he has speed but that makes him eat a lot to which frighten Earl. But Barry who checked his message realize that he has missed a call from Iris who wonders where he is since he was supposed to set up for her exhibit at the gallery.
Barry runs out to catch a bus but, going too fast, he ended up in the beach's water before he passes out. After waking up, realizing that he has slept, he calls Iris to apologize but failed to convince her that he has run "30 miles". Back at home he gets a call from Tina McGee, who after thinking about what has happened to him agree to meet her the following morning at 50 Garrick Ave. Inside S.T.A.R. Labs, Tina makes Barry run in a treadmill but because he went to was it blows up. As Barry was hungry, they both go out to eat but Barry realizes that he consumes a ton of food, revealing that his body is burning too many calories which makes him wonder if he is aging prematurely. McGee asks him to keep his identity a secret since the last time S.T.A.R. Labs has discovered something, it costed her husband's life. That night, Iris came to his place and Barry tried to clean up the mess but by doing so he burned his shoes and melted part of them are all over his apartment but when Iris arrives she is only there to announce that she doesn't want to see him anymore. The next day, Barry is wearing a red "Soviet prototype deep-sea suit" to regulate his body temperature and allow him to run as fast as he can without burning his clothes. Using this suit, he manage to reach the speed of sound before he stops. When Barry goes back to the lab, Julio reveals that the sample that he found belongs to Nicholas Pike who Barry recognizes as Jay's ex-partner. Realizing that his brother is actually on the same Highway, he figures out that it's a trap and runs to save him but when he arrives, Jay is dead and the Dark Riders escaped. The next day Barry and his father are at Jay's funeral and argues about how Barry is trying to go after after Pike himself but his father disagrees and tries to dissuade him for going after him. Later at S.T.A.R. Labs he asks Tina to add the suit a hood so that he can bring Pike to justice without anyone knowing him and decides to create an emblem that Pike could fear. The following night, Barry attacks the gang and sabotage their chemicals convoys but after taking out all the bikers, one of them manage to stab him in the leg and Barry had to avoid the police and meet some of his colleagues that brought him home where Tina meet him there. At the lab, he finds out that the sample is originated from a unique place where Barry as his alter ego manage to get in their lair and finds Jay's badge and plan to break out the gang from prison. He later goes to Cooper's office to explain that the Dark Riders will try to break out their friends in prison if they don't try to prevent them. After that a unit has been send to stop the break out, Barry goes to his car but before he can wear the suit, he passes out because of his metabolism. Later at S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry wakes up and gets mad at Tina since he is supposed to be stopping Pike instead of be treated like if he was Tina's husband. At the prison, Barry takes out the inmate on the roof and put tear gas in all air conduct and makes all inmate surrender. In the sewer, Barry confront Pike but his metabolism start to make him feel bad again witch gave Pike the opportunity to beat him. When Pike tough that he was done with him, Barry who gets up and confront him one last time and start to beat Pike until he created a tornado by running around him and shock him trough the prison power plant before tiding him up. After Pike's arrest, Barry goes to apologize to Tina for being angry at her and accept to figure out how to stop his metabolism for becoming a serious problem. The next morning at the Allen house, instead of eating breakfast to celebrate Pike's arrest and talk about this "Flash" who apparently stooped the breakout, Barry goes outside with Shawn and talk tells stories about Jay in different situation and gave him his silver medal.
Fighting crime as the Flash
The next week, Father Michael a priest and friend of Jay shows up at CCPD and ask him to investigate the disappearance of homeless but but Lt. Garfield disagree since he doesn't have the man power and can't start a investigation on a rumor. He later goes to a exposition of Carl Tanner but when they come to know each other, Barry question Carl's morality on his science since he must have some test subject to experience his work. Before their start to argue, Tina suggest to go home and Carl propose to bring her home leaving Barry at the exposition. The next day, at the lab, Julio gives a letter from Iris to Barry but since Barry agree that they will never get back, Julio burn the letter and ask how was the lecture from yesterday with Tina where Barry reveals that they are just friends and nothing more before being interrupted by a group of homeless who started a riot to give justice to the missing one but as one of them took a gun, Barry uses his speed to disarm him and the priest manage to convince Garfield to start a investigation if he calms their anger. Barry brought the priest and two homeless to learn about what's going on. Barry follow Charlie to talk because he has a feeling that they have meet before but they are interrupted by a agony cry from a close alley. Barry as the Flash speed and find the corpse completely mutated. The next morning, at the morgue, Barry realize that the corpse was back like it should have been. At the lab, he finds out that Charlie Wright was a friend of him when he was a kid and decide that he should help him. He latter meet Charlie who at first refuse the job offer that Barry gave him before accepting due to his condition and becoming a S.T.A.R. Lab guard. Barry tries to invite Tina to a restaurant but she is already taken by Carl. Later at the lab, Julio reveal that the sample of DNA from the corpse changes every time it is Analyzed which make Barry think that since they don't have the equipment to investigate, he will ask Tina since S.T.A.R. Labs does have the equipment. But when Barry call Charlie, he is interrupted by a alarm and Barry race there but finds Charlie unconscious and realize that they are trapped in a glass cage. Losing oxygen, Barry uses Charlie's metallic star to open the glass and save himself. The next morning, Charlie is taken to the hospital and Barry feels guilt for giving him a job that hurt him. When Tina realize that what was stolen was one of his husband note, Barry figures out that Carl is behind this since the disappearance of homeless and is arrival in town coincide but Tina refuses to believe that. In his car, Barry hears a police call about a beast that terrorize the place and Barry goes for it. At the scene Barry as the flash saves Bellows and goes back as Barry Allen where they witness the beast turning back into a regular dog. At star labs, they study the dog and Tina finds out that the mutation is the same as those that killed his husband and realize that Carl used her as a way to provide David's note. At Carl's Lab, Barry as the Flash, confront Carl and Carl manage to distract him long enough so that he can lock himself in the closet and inject the product at himself turning him into a mutated monster and knock out Barry. When Barry wakes up, he try to call Tina but since she doesn't answer, he speed to the lab just in time to save Tina from being injected by the product but Tanner chokes him long enough so that he could escape but Barry gets up and go after Carl. While Carl attack homeless in an alley, Barry save one of them and start to beat him until he manage to wrap a chain-link fence around him to neutralize him until he goes back into his normal form. As Carl reject Tina for not supporting him, Tina in tears hugs Barry while waiting for the police.
The next week Barry as the Flash saves two kid from a fire but unbeknown to him he was caught on camera by a woman. The next day, Barry goes to interrogate Sadie Grosso, who has been a witness for all the three recent fire in the neighborhood. After the interrogation, Julio convince Barry to go on a double-date tonight. That night, while Barry waits for the date, a fight happened between a woman and a man but when Barry asks if she wants to press charges, Julio and their date arrive and Barry's date introduce herself as Judith. The next day, Julio and Barry talk about last night where Julio apologize for bringing a girl that did not pleased Barry and after a encounter with Murphy, Barry goes to the lab and realize that those fire are conspiracy and that someone is benefiting from it. Barry later goes on the street asking help from a three-card dealer named Fosnight that has a history with his father and asks him to call him if he learns anything that could led to another fire. When he returns home, he meet again the woman from the bar fight and she pretend to be a electrician that was repairing a cable problem in the building. Barry tries to flirt with her, wanting to know how a electrician knows how to fight but before he can get anymore information, he gets a call from Fosnight that has recognized a arsonist named Noble John Spanier and informs him of his last location. Barry goes as the Flash at the location but finds a bomb and Barry managed to trow it out before it destroys the building. Later that night, D.A. Thomas Castillo shows up at his house revealing that he knows his identity and wants him to work for him but Barry still play the comedy and Castillo use a grenade and trow it on Earl which makes Barry run to deactivate it. Castillo than threaten him that he has 24h to chose or else his identity goes public. After that Barry search the house where he finds the cam that recorded him. The next day Barry, angry, talks to Tina about his identity being exposed and about Castillo's blackmail. Barry than goes to Castillo's office where he accept to go at Arthur Simonson's casino and wining games so that he can earn money out of Simonson pocket and sabotage his opperation. During his wins streak at the casino, Barry gets up by a quarter of a million dollars which enrage Simonson who asks him to get out and never come back. After Barry gets the money, before leaving, he manipulate every game so that everyone wins which force the casino to shut down for the night. Barry than runs into Megan Lockhart's van to confront her about his identity being exposed. When Barry notice that the wife of the cheating husband on her camera is about to kill her husband Barry goes as the Flash and stops her. The next day, he is interrupted at work by Castillo who wants him to find dirt on a politician named Paul Van Duzer. Barry goes to one of Van Duzer headquarter and after a moment of where he thinks about what he is doing, Barry decide to start hanging poster of Van Duzer everywhere. Later at the lab, Megan and Tina enter and Tina tells Barry that Megan saved her and when Tina asks what's going on, Barry figured out that Castillo wants property to build a casino when a planned bill is passed to legalize gambling which is why all those fire are happening. But since Barry got another call from Fosnight about the location of the next fire, he speeds out when Megan was asking if she can help. Barry than goes to stop Snapier but accidentally start a fire after punching him. Barry than punch Snapier again and stops the fire. He threaten Snapier and tied him so that he can confess to the police that Simonson hired him. Barry than goes to safe Megan who where about to be executed and start to beat Simonson and his goons before going after Castillo but before Castillo can escape, his car explode killing him. Barry figures out that Simonson was the man behind the explosion. Later at Megan's office, Megan packs up her stuff since she is leaving town and says that she will keep Barry identity secret since he saved her and that she has learned a lesson of responsibility after witnessing the consequence of her action. She than gave Barry a tape with every frame she has of him. Barry than tries to ask her out and she says they had their first date already at the fire. The two kiss, but when Barry tries to ask her again, he gets slapped.
The next week, Barry at work goes to a security briefing where he learns that a group of thieves are planing to rob the Death Mask of Rasputin and there, Barry sees his former mentor Ted Preminger who wants to be fully cooperative since the museum needs the exhibits. After the briefing, Barry meet Ted and it turns out that Ted was aware about his lab "Accident" and after a little talk, he introduces him to his new PR person Celia Wayne that Barry found familiar. Barry says that he asked for special assignment to the museum but Ted says that it isn't necessary but gives in, and Barry tells him that he didn't had the time to go to the museum these days and Ted reveals that he's counting on the Mask box office to save the museum. At the Lab with Julio, Barry accidentally taps his fingers on the table top and sets off a small quake and quickly covers his action by claiming that it's an earthquake. And when Julio tries to propose him another date, he leaves. Barry than goes to S.T.A.R. Labs to talk to Tina and explain that he haven't slept in three days since knew that Ted was coming to Central City he tells her his backstory with Ted and why his father wanted him to stop learning archeology with makes him believes that he has failed Ted but Tina gave him a advice saying that in the end, he followed both profession. Barry thanked her but they heard a explosion inside S.T.A.R. Labs and Barry as the Flash finds Darrell Hennings one of the thieves breaking in. Barry knocks him out and disassemble his weapon and runs to his accomplices' car but when trying to stop the car, it caused an accident that lead to Franco Mortelli's death. Barry than informs the police of the car accident and runs off. The next day, Tina tells Barry to take it easy because his injuries haven't fully healed and talk about the stolen component from the lab and Barry conclude that they are trying to build a cutting laser and realize that one of the guy in the car last night wasn't any of the six known thieves. After a argument with Tina Barry goes to see some exhibits and is approached by Ted who says that one of the officer on the case in paranoid and before they could talk more, they are interrupted by Celia who warns them that the mask is here. When they put the mask on the display plinth, one of the security guards asks what's the deal with going to the museum for a mask since they are all the same. Barry start to explain his history and what his eyes can do but Ted interrupts him and activate the light so that the mask's eyes could illuminate. At the museum, Celia and Barry talk about what was her conviction to bring the mask here in the first place. She admits that she has a crush on Ted, and coming back gave her a chance to come back to see the old place. Celia asks Barry why he quit archeology class and he says that he didn't see himself locked in a museum basement cataloguing bones and Celia chuckles because in the end he ended up in a lab. Murphy and Bellows come in to take over the night shift, and Bellows reveals that his case is full of snacks. Celia than leaves and Murphy tells Barry that someone left a message for Flash asking him to meet him at the billiard club about the STAR Lab robbery. Barry than runs as the Flash to the location but only finds the corpse of Mark Bernhardt trapped with a bomb and Barry manage to escape the explosion. the next day, at the lab, Julio shows every file about known jewel thief from the past five years. After causing a distraction, Barry uses his speed to read every files but none of them match the description of the man. Barry than recreate with the computer facial recognition the face of the man he saw the other night and find a match with Stan Kovacs. When he tells Mitch about Kovacs, Mitch ask Barry to go home since he doesn't want to take the responsibility of losing the mask and order Celia that she has six hour to move it. Barry later finds Ted in a exhibit room a disappointed since he wanted to use the extra revenue to refurbish the entire ring. Barry tells Ted that all the time and attention he used on him wasn't wasted after forgiving themselves, they shakes hand. Mitch shows up saying that all cops are out of the museum because there is a crime wave in Central City. Barry believes that was Kovacs plan to attack the city and CCPD with their hands full start to leave the area. Barry as the Flash goes to stop Chu Lee from robbing a bank by putting the money back and locking him in the vault. He than goes to stop Parry Johnson who where stealing gold lingo and Barry makes a wall of gold so that he can't runs away from his makeshift cell. Barry tries to stop Kate Tatting but can't due to a laser barrier but before she could reach the roof, Barry speeds up, ties her up and drops her back down through the skylight. Barry arrives at the gala and removes the magazine from Hennings' gun. As Hennings takes a hostage, the police arrive and arrest him. After taking something to eat to minimize his metabolism, Barry realizes that Stan is going after the mask and used the others as a distraction. He speeds to the museum and finds out that Kovacs and Celia are working together. He use a lasso on Kovacs leg with cause him to lose the Mask. Kovacs than trow a spear into Barry's shoulder and a fight with multiple exhibit ensure where Barry manage to drop a tapestry down on Stan and then shooting arrows to pin him in place. When Celia was about to kill Ted, Barry as Barry Allen, shows up and after disarming her, hancuffs her to a pole. Ted proud to see that Barry never actually left but his hand on his shoulder before realizing that he is bleeding and before passing out, he ask Ted to call Tina, his doctor. The next day, after that the showing of the mask has been extended for one month. Barry and Tina waits outside that Shawn came back and when he does, he ask Barry if he can stay a little longer and he agree for ten more minute. Tina asks why don't he goes to the museum and Barry answers that the police are still looking for the man that made twelve hole in the tapestry that has more than five hundred years old.
The following week, Central City celebrate the day of the dead festival. Barry, is having dinner with Tina and talk about the fact that a reports implies that someone is trying to contact the Flash and Tina makes the remark that Barry eats to much and Felix Tomarquin, the owner of the place celebrate his one years of being American citizen thanks to Barry and his colleague. Later at a taxi, Barry sends Tina to the show they were going to while he checks out the graffiti and promises to be there in half an hour. He opens a note that asks him to come at a church. At the church, he meet Javier O'Hara a gang leader that threaten him but Paloma arrives and stops him. Barry asks question about who made those graffiti but none of them knows. When the bells rings, Barry speeds inside the church as the Flash and tries to stop a man with a gun but he is neutralized by another man that shot him in the back with a tranquilizer. The next morning Barry wakes up in his bed with no memories about what happened and the doorbell is ringing. Barry answers and It's Tina who complains that he never showed up for their theater date. Barry than give the note that he found a the police mail-room and didn't told her because he knew that she would come and explain what happened and could not remember what happened after he arrived at the church. Tina warns Barry about how dangerous a black out can be if he can't remember what happened and is surprised to see him eat his breakfast that fast before being interrupted by a call from work. At the scene, Julio tells Barry that witnesses saw the missing statues walk out by themselves and went out into the street, stopping traffic. Barry tries to interrogate the locals but the Santero says that it's a reminder of the power of Chango. Paloma who see this as a superstition says that this is nothing to do with Chango but her aut, Sofia Tomarquin says that she doesn't know anything. Barry tells Paloma to call him if she learns anything new. Barry and Julio than goes to the Santeria shop to interrogate the Santero but the only thing important that he could tell is that he knows that they must make a sacrifice but he doesn't know who. As Barry and Julio leave, Paloma approaches them and tells them that the Santero is delusional. Sofia comes over and when Barry says that everything is okay, she says that he's in no position to judge. Back at home, Barry eats a sandwich and gives some to Earl and start to remember a scene with the Santero in the shop. And when he comes back from his "vision", hours has passed, and Tina calls him asking where has he been and reveals that he has lost eight hours. Later, at S.T.A.R. labs, Tina tests Barry's brain and finds out that the two hemispheres of his brain aren't communicating and Tina notice a "big insect bite" behind his neck. He is called to the Santeria shop again but this time the place is a mess and the Santero believes that Chango the god of the wind and that he can't pres charges against a god. Outside, Barry spots Paloma and asks her what's happening there. She can't answer and Barry gets mad because no one wants to tell him what's going on. The Santero appears and gives Paloma a bird's foot talisman and begs her to take it, but she throws it away and walks off causing the Santero to be angry and tells Barry that he brought the curse on all of them and then collapses. Barry than super speeds ahead of Paloma which scared her and Barry asks her help but that first, he is hungry. Barry and Paloma go to a diner and Barry eats a lot more. She talks about Barry's girlfriend, and Barry assures her that Tina isn't his girlfriend. Paloma figures that Barry is available, and when Barry asks what was the talisman, she says that the talisman the Santero gave her is a black magic talisman for human sacrifice. She must come forward or someone she loves will die in her place. Paloma shows Barry a newspaper article about Aguilar her father and explains that he sent her there to hide with her aunt and uncle after Calderon killed her brothers. If Calderon finds her then he'll use her as leverage to stop Peter Paul Aguilar from testifying and Barry than decide to take Paloma somewhere safe. Later at S.T.A.R. Labs, Tina runs a scan on Barry to find anything out of the ordinary and start arguing with Tina. Paloma comes in, overhears them arguing, and says that she can handle herself but Barry insists that she must stay and that he has work to do and leaves for the lab. Later, after realizing that he had another Black out, Barry goes to S.T.A.R. labs where Paloma is missing and Tina shows him so video footage of him being responsible of the break in as the Flash. Barry than made a nightmare about him being controlled like a puppet until Tina wakes him up and Barry than realize that during his dream, he saw the man behind all this. She shows him the implant diode and explains that it's emitting signals to control Barry, and Barry remembers how he got the ship in his brain back from the church. Barry wants Tina to remove it, but she warns that it has a charge building up and will fry his brain in 24 hours. Tina wants Barry to stay there so she can find a way to remove it, but Barry insists that he has to find Paloma and leaves. At the lab Barry finds a old newspaper article that talk about the disappearance Marcos Trachmann a mind control researcher and after a talk with Julio decide to go find Paloma since has to do it. Later in front of the tribunal, Barry is pushed away by reporter Joe Kline so that he can interview federal prosecutor Marguerite Giarelo to announce that the testimony has been delayed after hearing this, Barry speeds out and confront the Santero as the Flash where he reveals himself as a man with incredible gift. After that the Santero give away the place where he can find a drug dealer and Barry uses his super speed to repair the shop before leaving. Barry races through the street and finds the drug dealers, and demands to know where he can find Calderon after beating him up. He goes to Reuben Calderon's manor and search for him. He manage to get in their room unnoticed and overheard their discussion where he learn when the switch will be. He then finds Paloma and frees her but get controlled again by Trachmann and is ordered to stay in the middle of the road but before a truck could hit him, Barry gain conscious again and speeds out. He then goes back to S.T.A.R. labs where Tina reveals that he manage to block the frequency but that now because of the metabolism, the bomb in his brain could go out at any second and Barry speeds out. he then speed to the festival where the switch must be made and saves Paloma's father from being killed by his mind controlled daughter. But Trachmann manage to take control of Barry's mind and brings Aguilar to them. when Calderon was about to gun them down, Barry gain conscious again and start a fight with Trachmann in which he emerge victorious and Aguilar stops Calderon. he then brings Paloma to S.T.A.R. labs where they finds a way to remove the ship for him and her. The next day, at Felix's restaurant, they listen to Kline's report on Calderon confession on everything to the court. Aguilar thanks the Flash, wherever and whoever he is. Barry asks what happened to Trachmann and Aguilar reveals that he is is at the hospital with brain damage than the Santero appears and gives Barry a small vial of powder as a gift to a fan of his favorite wrestler. Paloma reads the writing and explains that it's basically love potion. Barry smiles and pockets it.
The next week, Barry is having dinner at his parents place and voluntary ask if he can clean up the table. They accept and while they go to watch the Tv, Barry uses hi speed to clean it up fast. When he arrives at the living room, he watch the weather forecast and learns about upcoming storms and leaves because Earl is afraid of storm. Days later, Barry installs a painting in the leaving room until his mother tells him that his father isn't like he used to be these days until he arrives and tell that he is fine. Shortly afterward, a car shots to their house and Barry manage to save his parents in time. He then runs after that car and found no conductor so he let it crash into a tree. Later when the police arrive, Barry gives a missing bullet to a detective and when his mother than asks if he can convince Henry to come with her instead of staying but Barry can't but he manage to convince him to come at his apartment since Hix doesn't know him. Julio than arrives and reveals that the car was stolen from a motel last night. Barry than asks Julio to tell his father that he will meet him at his apartment later but Julio reminds him that he was supposed to go out with Tina and Barry says that he will come up with something. He then start to hunt Johnny Ray Hix as the Flash and brutally interrogate a former associate of Hix but didn't came up with anything. Later as Barry, he goes to buys a newspaper from Reggie, a blind seller. Reggie has heard that Barry is looking for Hix, but all he knows is that Hix is still in town. He also warns that Hix's people stay quiet or they will end up dead before asking how is Henry and Barry says that he is fine. At Barry's apartment, Tina makes small talk with Henry while Barry who is cooking burns dinner. He then give the burned meat and Henry note that he lived long enough with Nora to know what is burned and what is not. Henry than talks about Barry's "restaurant thing" with Tina and talk about a time where Barry got sick and Barry nervously taps on a glass before accidentally shattering it, and Tina mentions that she pays golf. As she and Henry discuss golf, Earl comes down with Barry's costume glove in his teeth. Barry kicks Tina so that she can distracts Henry while Barry gets the glove. The next day, at the lab, Julio goes over the test results from the car until Pete Donello arrives and have a private talk with Henry while Julio and Barry finish their work until Henry says that he and Pete are going down stairs for a cup of coffee. By going to the window, Barry notice that Henry is leaving the building with Pete and Barry decided to follow them. At a bar where Henry runs into trouble, Barry as the Flash saves him and beat all the thug and threaten the owner before leaving and going back as Barry where he bring Henry back at the precinct. The following night, they finds the corpse of Pete in his garden and Barry confront his dad about taking old cases from the precinct and starting their investigation without them. The next day, at the lab Barry and Julio finds out that the murder weapon is a hunting knife but Henry complains that it doesn't matter what kind of knife it is, the best man that could have resolved the case is in a coffin. Barry than confront his dad about his criticisms of him and his work and after a argument, they decide to make peace and take a walk. during the walk, Henry remembers the good time with Jay and mange to bring a smile on Barry's face before leaving. Later that night, Barry calls his father but he don't answer so he speed to his apartment and find Gruber over his father's body. Barry punches him and see if his father is okay but he doesn't move. The followin day, Barry is at the lab and calls the hospital to check on his father's x-rays. Once he hangs up, Barry tells Julio that Henry has a concussion and a few pellets in the arm, but he is otherwise fine. Barry than goes to the gym and works on the bag at superspeed to let off his frustrations until it finally explodes. Barry as the Flash goes to Gruber's cell and intimidate him to know where Hix is. Gruber doesn't know where Hix is neither where he got the money to pay him, and Barry speeds out. Back at his apartment, where Henry is home again, Barry and Henry try to work out how Hix got his money to pay Gruber. Barry figures out that Hix is going after the money from the bank he robbed years ago and realized that Pete has figured it out before dying. He checks Pete's maps and Henry says that there were boarded-up houses there and they were moved to a new location. Depressed, Henry tells Barry to call it in and it doesn't matter to him. He admits that Barry was right and he's too old to investigate cases and that costed him Pete's life. Barry loads a gun and give it Henry because they are going after Hix. His father takes the gun and says that it's time to end it. At the location of Hix money, they where notice by him and his crew and a gunfight ensure. Barry shot down one of them and when they split up, after that Barry notice that another men is about to kill his father after the latter knocked one of them down, goes as the Flash and knocks him out. He notice that Hex was about to crush his fahter with a vehicle and Barry kicks him out so that he can save his fahter again. When Hix tried to climb a construck so that he could avoid arrest, Barry brake it so that Hix falls into the ground. After this; Barry as himself says that he has called back up and is checking on the man he wounded earlier but Hix gets up and tries to finish Henry but Barry runs into Hix and brutaly punchs him multiple time until his fahter stops him saying that it's over. The next day as Barry repairs the damage to his apartment, Henry wonders why the Flash doesn't show his real face and Barry suggests that one day maybe he will and Henry tells his son that what he did was brave and dangerous. The older man than tells Barry that he's a cop and a good one, and both leave to the airport to take Nora.
The Monitor's test
Devastation of Earth-90
After an intense battle, The Flash was seen dragging himself towards a giant book that glowed with purple energy. Before he could reach it, it was picked up by a very imposing figure in armor named Mar Novu, also known as the Monitor. When Barry asked why he was doing this, Novu said that they had done this to themselves, and that they would now perish. He then opened the book, which began to glow, while The Flash ran off to escape to another universe.
Barry attempted to breach to the Monitor's next target, Earth-1, creating red skies and lightning which followed Earth-1's Barry Allen and Oliver Queen, whose lives had been swapped by the Book of Destiny. Eventually, when Team Arrow and Team Flash create a quantum flux anchor was Barry able to open a portal through which he warned them about the Book of Destiny and urged them to acquire the book if they have any hope of fixing their Elseworld, before closing once more.
Sometime later Barry finally succeeded and fully breached through at A.R.G.U.S. At first he was mistaken for his doppelgangers, Jay Garrick and Henry Allen, before formally introducing himself. He then mistook John Diggle with his Earth-90 doppelgänger, remarking that doesn't possess a ring. He then explained of the threat of Mar Novu, who had since taken on the moniker of the Monitor and was unleashing the Book of Destiny across the multiverse to test different Earths in preparation for an impending crisis. Just then, the Monitor appeared on TV, so Barry joined the heroes and they set out to try to attack him. During the confrontation, The Flash declared he would not let the massacre of Earth-90 repeat and attempted to attack first but the Monitor made him vanish before he could take a step, leaving his fate unknown.
- "Well, it's not my responsibility to be the conscience of the human race, I'm only a scientist."
"I disagree. I think we're all responsible."
- —Carl Tanner and Barry Allen[src]
Barry believed that he was given his powers for a reason, he was adamant on helping people, even when the odds were against him. However Barry can sometimes be enraged when those he cares about are in danger. Being caught up in moments of vengeance.
Barry has a pathological fear of snakes.
Powers and abilities
- "I do my share of running around."
- —Barry Allen[src]
- Meta-human physiology: Barry gained his powers after he was struck by lightning and crashed on a shelf of chemicals (including aluminum sulfate, glycerin, potassium nitrate, magnesium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, sulfur, tannic acid and phosphorus), and now possesses powers of incredible speed and superhuman reflexes. This was enough to him do his duties as the Flash and to escape the destruction of his teammates at the hands of Mar Novu.
- Accelerated healing factor: After being struck by lightning and crashing on shelves of chemicals, Barry quickly recuperated from being exposed to highly volatile and reactive chemicals, lacerations, abrasions and head trauma. When he was stabbed in the leg, Barry could continue moving as the pain and stiffness wore off extremely quickly. After cracking his ribs from being thrown off the roof of a speeding car, they were merely bruised the next day.
- Superhuman speed: Barry can move at such vast speeds, indeterminable to the naked eye. He discovered his speed walking his dog, Earl. He ran from Central City to Crystal Beach, a distance of 30 miles in a few seconds and even briefly ran on water. When being examined by Tina McGee, he ran 347.31MPH and broke her treadmill in the process, but, McGee stated even this was not his peak velocity. When he reached for his coffee mug too quickly, he knocked it against the wall. On the Star Labs Test Track, he surpassed 570MPH until he caused a sonic boom. He easily caught up to Pike's motorcycle gang on foot, and he was so fast they mistook him for a red ghost and civilians later perceive him as "a red blur." By the time Carl Tanner visited Central city, he received word that "the Flash" could move so fast he was nearly invisible, which was seen when he returned an officer's revolver to his holster from a hobo in a heartbeat. By rapidly circling a police star badge against his glass container, he shattered a hole in it so he could breathe. He disarmed a grenade on the ground and caught his beverage before it could hit the floor, and disarmed a woman of her shotgun before she could kill her husband. He used his speed to put up posters to advertise Paul van Duzer running for district attorney.
- Superhuman reflexes: All Barry's electro-chemical systems are accelerated, including nerve synapses, brainwaves, and even when he is at rest. Barry's reflexes enabled him to tackle Julio Mendez before he could be shot through the window. He moved out of the way just in time to let Pike crash his motorcycle. He caught a jar of hydrazine thrown by Carl Tanner before it could hit the wall and explode, and quickly disposed of a timed explosive in a customs warehouse. He also used a roulette table to deflect Arthur Simonson's bullets from hitting him, and performed a similar feat by using a museum shield to block a hatchet thrown by Stan Kovacs.
- Aerokinesis: Barry created a whirlwind in his apartment when he attempted to clean at superhuman speeds, and later used the same technique on Pike to levitate him off the ground by circling around him.
- Superhuman agility: Barry could run up a fire escape without stopping at high speeds, and hang onto the roof of a speeding car.
- Superhuman durability: Barry's muscle and bone tissue changed in order to keep pace with his superhuman speed, leaving his skin unaffected when he travels at high velocities and simultaneously increasing his physical resistance to impacts and blunt force trauma, allowing him to tank hits from the monstrously strong Carl Tanner and even being lifted into the air and choked by him. He was seemingly unfazed when Lila stabbed him in the leg with a knife, and was able to stand on his feet after being thrown from the roof of a speeding car. He was also able to take a bullet to his hand and remained unscarred after catching a bullet shot by a mind controlled Paloma.
- Superhuman stamina: Barry maintains a regular breathing rate and pulse shortly after running at high speeds because his body has adapted to his superhuman movement. However, he must consume sufficient comestibles lest he will face metabolic failure. Hence, though he is superhuman he can become tired, seen when he was out of breath after outsmarting Carl Tanner. He also somehow once went three days without sleeping.
- Superhuman dexterity: Barry's sleight of hand is profoundly increased to the point where he could organize a deck of cards in a few seconds and quickly disassemble a motorcycle. After Carl Tanner's lecture, he snagged an entire tray of hors d'oeuvres before anyone could notice him. He used his unimaginable dexterity at Arthur Simonson's rigged casino, placing a marble in a certain spot on a wheel to score in a game of roulette and setting dice on certain faces to win at a craps table. He also quickly attached a hose to a fire hydrant to put out a fire, precisely skinned and cut an apple at superhuman speed, and took apart Darrell Hennings' gun.
- Superhuman mental process: Barry confessed to Tina McGee that his speed also has adverse psychological and emotional effects on his brain, where his mind is "stuck on overdrive" and every time he focuses on a subject, it's similar to "opening a floodgate." He can also speed-read, doing so with a pile of criminal archives.
- Electrokinesis: Barry produces yellow electricity from his body, commonly seen when running.
- Interdimensional travel: Barry can travel through universes, as he did this when he travels from Earth-90 to Earth-1.
- "You were always thorough; it's what I liked about you. I could count on your research."
- —Ted Preminger[src]
- Genius-level intellect/Skilled tactician: Barry is an exceptionally intelligent man, as he was in his junior year of college when he was only 19. Jay Allen's birthday wish was to be as smart as his brother. He impressed Carl Tanner with his up-to-date knowledge on his technical and complex work with recombinant DNA, gene splicing, genetic reorganization and radical mutation. He cleverly used a police star badge to rapidly cut through his glass container when he was being deprived of oxygen. He trapped the mutated Tanner by wrapping chain-link fence around him.
- Expert forensic scientist/Detective: Barry Allen works for the Central City Police Department crime lab alongside Julio Mendez. His brother, Jay Allen credited him for taking down Conway and his hijacking crew. He is also a skilled detective as he deduced Pike's gang intended to liberate their incarcerated members based on blueprints seen in their hideout. He's skilled in questioning witnesses, and located Megan Lockhart's hidden camera in his apartment.
- Skilled engineer: Barry had the mechanical know-how to disassemble one of Pike's men's motorcycles. He is also a skilled lockpick user, as quickly he broke into Paul van Duzer's campaign headquarters.
- Skilled deceiver: Barry can conjure convincing excuses for his absences and injuries, such as when he blamed his dog for his limp when he was really still recovering from being stabbed in the leg by Lila. Some people even doubted the Flash's existence, namely Officer Murphy. When beating a rigged casino, Barry deliberately lost at blackjack to make it look like he was not cheating.
- Skilled archaeologist: Barry took an archaeology course in college, and gained additional knowledge while working at a museum during the summers. He was his professor's favorite student, however, in his junior year of college, he switched majors to police science. Nonetheless, he is highly familiar with artifacts, such as the Mask of Rasputin and its functions and intentions.
- Eidetic memory: Barry recalled the exact chemicals on the shelf he landed on when he was struck by lightning, much to Tina McGee's surprise.
- Expert combatant: Barry usually knocks his opponents down or out with a single punch, including Scott, Arthur Simonson and Darrell Hennings. He also systematically beat down escaped prisoners after disarming them and later used tools from a craps table to beat down his associates. Barry can also improvise weapons, as he used a pipe to knock two bikers off their motorcycles and used a museum velvet rope as a bola to trap Stan Kovacs. He momentarily dazed the mutated Carl Tanner with his super-speed punches. Barry fought Mar Novu alongside many other heroes on Earth-90, although he was the only one of them that survived.
- Expert marksman: Barry is highly precise in his actions. He trapped Stan Kovacs under a cloth by throwing arrows around his body to essentially pin him down.
- Stealth: Despite his bright red uniform, Barry can effectively hide in the dark to avoid being seen, especially by police cruisers.
- Intimidation: Barry instilled fear into Lila in the Central City Police Department interrogation room. Criminals initially perceived his alter ego to be a blood-red demon, a red phantom, and Arthur Simonson's hitman thought he was Satan. Kate Tanning thought he was a "spirit of vengeance."
- Hyper-metabolism: Barry's blood sugar is incredibly low after he moves at superhuman speeds, because he burns up so much energy his body demands he replaces it. Because of this, he is vulnerable to rapid dehydration, glucose deficiency and metabolic failure which requires re-oxygenation of blood and glucose absorption. After his first run, he cleared an entire refrigerator of food. Even Earl's dog food appeared edible to him. He suffered from a small seizure during his confrontation with Pike. His anxiety is also a factor in his metabolism.
- Ophidiophobia: Barry is deeply afraid of snakes.
- The Flash suit: Barry wore a suit to help hide his identity. Tina McGee originally provided him with a Soviet prototype deep sea suit which molded to his body and expanded via a layer of reactive insulation next to his skin, which handled his high-velocity movement and regulated his body temperature. Though his skin is unaffected by his speed, Barry wears this to avoid burning his clothes off. McGee later added an identity-concealing hood and gloves so Barry could avoid leaving fingerprints. She also built in monitors and sensors to record his vitals, as well as added a lightning bolt insignia drawn up by Barry across the chest.
- Tear gas: Barry used CCPD-issue tear gas to smoke out the prison.
The Flash (CBS)
The Flash (The CW)
The Flash TV Special
- Barry enjoys Odessan cuisine and eggs and ham on toast.
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 ""
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 ""
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 ""
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 ""
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 ""
- ↑ ""
|Other versions of Barry Allen (Earth-90)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Barry Allen.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 27 • 90 • Pollux|
|Other versions of Barry Allen (Earth-90)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Henry Allen.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 3 • 90|