- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Capabilities
- 4 Known users
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 References
The Bat-Belt consists primarily of a strap and buckle. The utility belt contains many pouches and cylindrical cartridges attached to its outside, with each compartment containing various gadgets.
Bruce Wayne's Bat-Belt
The Bat-Belt, like the Batsuit, was made by Lucius Fox for Bruce Wayne to assist him in fighting crime as Batman. Like the suit, the utility was completely black, with the exception of a slightly yellow bat-symbol on the buckle.
Kate Kane's Bat-Belt
Ryan Wilder's Bat-Belt
After Ryan Wilder found the Batsuit in the wreckage of Kate's plane crash, she donned the suit and left the Bat-Belt unaltered, only later swapping out the suit's wig after re-tailoring it.
- Batarangs: In one of the Bat-Belt's compartments is a limited supply of Batarangs, a sharp metal projectile that acts as a boomerang.
- Communications system: The Bat-Belt has a switch which allows for easy toggling of the suit's comms system.
- Grappling gun: The Bat-Belt holds Batwoman's grappling gun, which allows her to scale tall buildings and pull enemies/obstacles towards her.
- Laser saw: One of the Bat-Belt's compartments holds the laser saw, which can cut through virtually anything.
- Voice filter: The Bat-Belt is equipped with a voice filter which allows the wearer to disguise their voice.
DC's Legends of Tomorow
- Despite having appeared since Batwoman's first appearance in "", the Bat-Belt was not named until "".
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics, the Utility Belt is one of Batman's most important tools in fighting crime, first appeared in Detective Comics #29 (July 1939).
- In the comics Batman's belt was primarily yellow, later changed to a golden-brownish color in modern incarnations. Batwoman's belt, on the other hand, is red, unlike the show where it's totally black.