The Bat-Belt is a utility belt with many compartments, originally used by Bruce Wayne and currently worn by Kate Kane. Both used for containing their various gadgets as Batman and Batwoman respectively.
The Bat-Belt consist primarily of a strap and buckle, that houses many pouches or cylindrical cartridges attached to its outside, each containing one of his or hers various gadgets.
The Bat-Belt, like the Batsuit, was made by Bruce for fighting crime as Batman after the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Like the suit, it was completely black except for the bat logo in the middle which had some yellow.
- Portable Weaponry: Most of Batman and Batwoman's specialized weaponry and technology that is portable can be found on his/her belt.
- Voice filter: The belt is equipped with a voice filter that allowed the wearer to disguise his/her voice.
DC's Legends of Tomorow
- Despite having appeared since Batwoman's first appearance in "", the Bat-Belt has not been named until "".
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics, the Utility Belt is one of Batman's most important tools in fighting crime, first appeared in Detective Comics #29 (July 1939).
- In the comics Batman's belt is primarily yellow, later changed to a golden-brownish color in modern incarnation, while in the show is completely black like the suit.