- "Go to Kate's office at Wayne. There's a necklace on the shelf. You turn it, and it'll open up an elevator. If you take it all the way down, you'll end up in a cave with a bunch of gadgets."
- —Ryan Wilder to Sophie Moore[src]
The Batcave is the secret headquarters utilized by the Bat Team. While having been designed by Lucius Fox for Bruce Wayne and his alter-ego Batman, the base is now used by Ryan Wilder to aid her as the superhero Batwoman.
The Batcave was originally used by Bruce Wayne as his headquarters as Batman. Over the years, Bruce has collected many dangerous items from his villains and placed them safely in the Batcave; such as Bane's Venom, Clayface's mud, Killer Croc's tooth, Mad Hatter's hat, a umbrella, Joker's acid flower, and a sample of Poison Ivy's plant.
When Kate Kane eventually discovered Bruce's secret identity and desperately needed to save Sophie Moore, she became Batwoman and uses her cousin's headquarters as her own. To hide her from Crows Security, the surviving doppelgänger of Beth Kane is brought to the Batcave.
Luke runs facial recognition software in the Batcave as Kate has a party in The Hold Up to bait Nocturna. Mary discovers Batman's secret identity in the Batcave when Luke accidentally tells her.
Parker Torres is brought to the Batcave by Kate to help to find the location of Hush; Parker is amazed that there are actual bats in Batwoman's underground hideout. Mary is not pleased with her arrival. While Luke researches Tim Teslow at Batcave, Mary mends Kate after her fight with him and finds it surprising that Kate has cracked ribs though she wore the Batwoman suit during the skirmish.
Luke Fox and Mary Hamilton were present at the Batcave when they attempted to contact Kate during a plane crash, later learning that she was in fact in the plane and had disappeared after the crash. When "Bruce Wayne" returned to Gotham, Luke showed him around the updated Batcave and relinquished the Kryptonite Kate was given by Supergirl.
"Bruce" then searched the Batcave for the Batmobile and used it in pursuit of the Batwoman suit. Luke and Mary arrived at the cave too late and instead contacted the current possessor of the suit, Ryan Wilder, and aided her in escaping Tommy. After Ryan officially joins the Bat Team, Mary gives her a tour of the batcave.
Ryan removed her Desert Rose from its pot and planted it in the batcave. A month later, Ryan had a meeting of the Bat Team where she gave three rules of conduct. Sophie, after Ryan admitted to being Batwoman, was sent to the batcave to retrieve a Grappling gun to save Ryan and Mary before a land mine on which they were standing exploded.
At Batcave, Mary concocted a potion with the Desert Rose plant to give to Luke before he died from being shot. Kate Kane (who'd been brainwashed into believing she was Circe Sionis) convinced the Bat Team to give her back the Batsuit and stole several objects from the villains who were in the Batcave for Roman Sionis.
Known stored items
Current stored items
- Bat trophies
- Grappling gun
Former stored items
- Suit of Sorrows (taken by Bruce Wayne and given to "Azrael")
- Batbike (taken by Kate Kane to search for Bruce Wayne)
- Bat trophies (taken by "Circe Sionis" and lost in the Gotham River)
- Unlike in the DC comics, the Batcave in the Arrowverse is located beneath Wayne Tower instead of Wayne Manor.
- As a nod to the primary Batcave under Wayne Manor where there is an actual life sized mechanical T-Rex, the Batcomputer has a toy T-Rex on display called Dino, that appears to be a childhood toy of Bruce's.
- As a security feature, the only person who has full access to the Batcave is Batwoman. In order to open a locked door, Mary Hamilton used a glove containing her DNA.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, the Batcave is the hideout and base of operations for Batman and his assorted allies, usually being situated under Wayne Manor. It debuted in Batman #12 (September, 1942).
|Other versions of Batcave (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Batcave.|
|Earth: 1 • 99 • 203|