The Batmobile is a vehicle that was used by Bruce Wayne as Batman.
Years ago, before Batman disappeared from Gotham City, the Batmobile was his mode of transportation. Batman hid the vehicle in the Batcave so well that Luke Fox did not know it was there.
Recently, Tommy Elliot, disguised as Bruce Wayne and inside the Batcave, wanted to be Batman, since he knew Batman's secret identity, and the suit to go with it. Upon discovering the location of the suit, Tommy started blasting the walls of the Batcave in hopes to find the car; he was successful.
Tommy drove the Batmobile to the location of Ryan Wilder and began a pursuit as she was forewarned by Luke of Tommy's approach and ill intent; as Ryan drove her van, Tommy fired upon her with the vehicle's weaponry. Meanwhile, Luke and Mary Hamilton monitored the chase until Mary suggested that Luke should override the car's controls, rendering the vehicle immobile. Tommy then abandoned the Batmobile to find Ryan on foot.
On Ryan's second night posing as Batwoman, Luke allowed her to use the Batmobile as she needed it to outpace a swarm of poison-laced bats that were following her due to her taking a sound-emission device that was drawing them to Gotham, plaguing its citizens.
The Batmobile has an A.I. that prevents accidents; Ryan was surprised to learn this, because she believed that her driving was improving.
Batwoman lets Alice ride in the Batmobile as they search for Angelique Martin and Ocean, respectively. Alice, during the ride, almost activates the vehicle's self-destruct mechanism. To distract a sentry, Alice sounds the horn, to Batwoman's annoyance.
- Missile launcher: The Batmobile is equipped with small missiles.
- Remote activation: From the Batcave, the Batmobile can be remotely controlled in case it falls into the wrong hands.
- Flame resistance: The Batmobile can resist the heat of a nearby explosion.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, the Batmobile is Batman's iconic high-tech car. It is customized with various gadgets to help him in his vigilantism.
- The Batmobile resembles a customized 2019 C7 Series Corvette.
- The Batmobile was supposed to appear in what would have been the penultimate episode of the first season, had the COVID-19 pandemic not disrupted production. Caroline Dries explained: "We had already prepped and created the Batmobile and I already had that in my brain of like, "Well, we have it. We're obviously going to use it." So ultimately, we decided, "Well, it's great to use it in the premiere, of course And I wanted to give Ryan a new mode of transportation, ultimately. So she's going to adopt this car as her own... This 2021 Corvette kind of already looked like the chassis of what we were looking for. So our production designer souped it up, and then I sent photos of the mock-up to DC, and it goes through their channels, and they basically approved it".
|Other versions of Batmobile (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Batmobile.|
|Earth: 1 • 99|