- For the titular character, see Kate Kane.
Batwoman is an upcoming television series based on the DC comics character with the same name. It is currently in development by Greg Berlanti, to be produced by Caroline Dries. A pilot was ordered on January 3, 2019 at The CW. On May 7, 2019, it was picked up to series on the network. The first season is scheduled to air on October 6, 2019.
Kate Kane never planned to be Gotham’s new vigilante. Three years after Batman mysteriously disappeared, Gotham is a city in despair. Without the Caped Crusader, the Gotham City Police Department was overrun and outgunned by criminal gangs. Enter Jacob Kane and his military-grade Crows Private Security, which now protects the city with omnipresent firepower and militia. Years before, Jacob’s first wife and daughter were killed in the crossfire of Gotham crime. He sent his only surviving daughter, Kate Kane, away from Gotham for her safety. After a dishonorable discharge from military school and years of brutal survival training, Kate returns home when the Alice in Wonderland gang targets her father and his security firm, by kidnapping his best Crow officer Sophie Moore. Although remarried to wealthy socialite Catherine Hamilton-Kane, who bankrolls the Crows, Jacob is still struggling with the family he lost, while keeping Kate –– the daughter he still has –– at a distance. But Kate is a woman who’s done asking for permission. In order to help her family and her city, she’ll have to become the one thing her father loathes –– a dark knight vigilante. With the help of her compassionate stepsister, Mary, and the crafty Luke Fox, the son of Wayne Enterprises’ tech guru Lucius Fox, Kate Kane continues the legacy of her missing cousin, Bruce Wayne, as Batwoman. Still holding a flame for her ex-girlfriend, Sophie, Kate uses everything in her power to combat the dark machinations of the psychotic Alice, who’s always somewhere slipping between sane and insane. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate soars through the shadowed streets of Gotham as Batwoman. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, she must first overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
- Ruby Rose as Kate Kane/Batwoman
- Meagan Tandy as Sophie Moore
- Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox
- Nicole Kang as Mary Hamilton
- Rachel Skarsten as Alice
- Dougray Scott as Jacob Kane
- Elizabeth Anweis as Catherine Hamilton-Kane
Confirmed plot points
- Burt Ward, who played Robin in the Batman television series from the 1960’s, will make a cameo appearance in the show.
- Tommy Elliot will be on the show, and he will eventually become the villain Hush. This will be somewhat of an origin story for the character.
- Season One will be heavily based on Elegy. Which was a series run of Batwoman written by Greg Rucka. It is also the first modern appearance of Batwoman.
- Point Rock Academy will play a big part in Kate Kane's story, especially after she is kicked out for being a lesbian. The first season will show how that affected her life going forward.
- Anything is possible in regards to Batman showing up, but this is Kate Kane’s show and they will focus on her. He will play a part in each episode, as Kate writes journals to him.
- The villain Magpie will make her debut appearance on the show. 
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||TBA||Marcos Siega||Caroline Dries||October 6, 2019|
|2||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 13, 2019|
|3||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 20, 2019|
|4||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 27, 2019|
- The pilot episode will take place before the crossover.
- On July 20, 2019, during San Diego Comic-Con, showrunner Caroline Dries revealed that the series will feature Tommy Elliot/Hush.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The CW Fall Premiere Dates: 'Batwoman' Leads Off Season" - The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "The CW reveals fall 2019 schedule: Batwoman and Supergirl team up on Sunday" - Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ "'Batwoman' TV Series in the Works at The CW" - The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Batwoman Snags Formal Pilot Order at The CW; David Nutter to Direct" - TVLine
- ↑ Batwoman, Katy Keene & Nancy Drew Picked Up To Series By the CW, Glamorous Still In Contention
- ↑ "Batwoman Synopsis Released" - Comic Book
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "Batwoman’: Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson & Nicole Kang To Co-Star In the CW Pilot" - Deadline
- ↑ "‘Batwoman’ Finds Its Villain: Rachel Skarsten To Star In the CW’s DC Pilot" - Deadline
- ↑ "‘Batwoman': David Nutter Departs Pilot as Director, Dougray Scott Cast as Kate Kane’s Father" - TheWrap
- ↑ "‘Batwoman’ Pilot Adds Elizabeth Anweis as Catherine Hamilton-Kane" - Variety
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 SDCC 2019: BREAKING: Burt Ward to Appear on Batwoman! - ThatHashtagShow
- ↑ 
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "‘Batwoman’: Dougray Scott To Star In CW Pilot; Marcos Siega Steps In For David Nutter As Director" - Deadline Hollywood
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 "Shows A-Z - batwoman on cw" - The Futon Critic
- ↑ "Ruby Rose Confirms Batwoman Pilot Episode Is Set Before Elseworlds" - We Got This Covered
- ↑ Batwoman Will Feature This Major Batman Villain - Comic Book Resources
|Batwoman: Season 1|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • •|
|Comic book series|
|• • • • •|
|• Novels • Shorts • Movies • Specials|