The Batsuit, also known as the Batwoman suit and formerly as the Batman suit, is a protective suit designed by Lucius Fox at Wayne Enterprises. It's primary usage is to protect Bruce Wayne as Batman and later Kate Kane as Batwoman. After Bruce left Gotham, Kate took on the mantle of "Bat of Gotham" and had the suit modified by Luke Fox to fit her as such.
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Capabilities
- 4 Known users
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
The Batsuit was made by Lucius Fox for Bruce Wayne's crusade for fighting crime as Batman after the murder of his parents. The suit is all black with a bat symbol outlined on the chest of the suit. It comes with a bat-like cowl with pointy ears pointed upwards. A black cape is attached as well from the shoulders. 
Fitting the suit for Kate
When Kate Kane first wore the Batsuit to save Sophie Moore from Alice. It was modified to fit her by Luke Fox. In order to distance herself from Batman and be seen as her own hero, she added red accents to the symbol, boots and belt as well as adding a red wig to the cowl.
After Crisis, Luke Fox made several improvements to the Batsuit to better fit and assist Kate in the field. Visually, the wig is a darker color and the cowl was shortened to expose the neck. He also upgraded the suit's scanning and weapons features, such as Batarang launcher.
After Bruce Wayne became the vigilante known as "Batman", Lucius Fox created a special suit for Bruce fight crime, as well as to protect him from criminals and keep his identity concealed, Bruce continue to fight crime until he left Gotham City after killing the Joker; as the Batsuit remained in the Batcave for 3 years; until Kate Kane arrived in Gotham.
Therefore; Kate began to use the Batsuit to fight crime as "Batwoman".
- Identity concealment: Both Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane uses a black bat-like mask to conceal their identities, to keep their friends and families safe from harm. Kate was able to have a conversation with and shake the hand of her father without being recognized.
- Red wig: Kate added a fake red wig a to the Batsuit, few weeks after she became Batwoman; so her enemies don't mistake her for Batman.
- "People aren't afraid anymore. An army may not scare them, but that will."
- —Kate Kane to Luke Fox[src]
- Intimidation: Both Bruce and Kate use the suit to be terrifying to their enemies.
- Kevlar armor: Lucius Fox made the suit out of a military-grade kevlar woven with enriched carbon nanotubes of his own design. Nothing except for a projectile fired from a specially-made rail gun or coil accelerator is able to pierce the suit from a distance. Luke demonstrates how the suit is strong against most firearms by firing a Desert Eagle Mark IX .50 AE at the suit and showing zero damage.
- Damage recording: The suit's carbon fibers record any deformation caused by damage to the suit in order to record blunt force trauma and bullet impacts. This recording is so precise, it can even record the impact of a license plate on the suit.
- Night vision lenses: The suit includes night vision lenses for fighting in dark rooms completely shut in darkness. Bruce had used these; due to his dislike for night vision goggles. Kate later used them for her own suit when tracking down Beth Kane.
- Electronic detection: The lenses also allow the user to detect electronics. Allowing Kate to single out Parker's phone from everyone else when tracking her down.
- "Cowl cam": Luke Fox also added cameras in the suit's eye lenses that activates when the button on the left gauntlet is pressed. It captures an image of what Kate sees and sends to the Batcave.
- Defibrillator: When Kate washed up ashore unconscious and surrounded by cops, Luke activated a defibrillator in the suit remotely to wake her up.
- Bat-Belt: The suit contains a utility belt that stores many of the Batsuit's signature tools, such as a grappling gun and Batarangs.
- Batarang launcher: When Luke Fox upgraded the suit; he added a Batarang launcher on the right gauntlet which activates when the button on it was pressed.
- Green Kryptonite: According to the late Lucius Fox via his journal; Green Kryptonite is the only known substance in existence that can penetrate the Batsuit.
- Rail gun: After becoming Batman, Bruce Wayne had a handheld rail gun commissioned by Wayne Enterprises Research & Development, designed to be able to penetrate the Batsuit, in case the suit ever fell into the wrong hands. The rail gun fires an electromagnetically charged projectile that moves fast enough to penetrate the suit's armor. However, at some point after the rail gun was reclaimed from Tommy Elliot, Kate Kane had the weapon melted down, eliminating the threat that it posed to the Batsuit.
- Coil accelerator: Sometime after Bruce Wayne become Batman, Catherine Hamilton had a handheld coil accelerator gun with capabilities similar to that of the rail gun's commissioned by Hamilton Dynamics, designed to be able to penetrate the Batsuit since she saw the bat vigilante as a threat to exposing her illegal activities to the public. However, Beth Kane had Jonathan Cartwright killed the only scientists on the entire planet who knew how to make the coil accelerator, as well as removing and destroying the main component that gave the coil accelerator its lethal function, eliminating the threat that it posed to the Batsuit.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the Scenes
- The suit is weak against the rail gun, which is a parallel conductor that generates a pulse of electromagnetism, accelerating the velocity of the projectile.
- It's the most lethal weapon that Bruce ever built. It is the only gun that shoots a shot strong enough to penetrate the suit. Bruce had it built in case the suit ever fell into the wrong hands. Thus, whoever is in possession of the gun, has the only gun out there that can kill Batman.
- However, the disruptor in the gauntlet Kate has, when activated, the light will flash green and the gun will be neutralized.
- On the CatCo cover for Winter 2020, as well as when she attended Gothamites' rally to turn on the Batsignal, she was seen wearing a version of her suit that exposed her neck. This is later revealed as one of Luke Fox's upgrades after the Crisis. However, it is unknown why this is an upgrade as this lowers the protection of the suit.
- It is possible that the suit is altered due to the comfort of the suit while being worn by Ruby Rose during the shooting.
|Other versions of Batwoman suit|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Batman suit.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 89 • 99 • 203 • N52|