The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "But do be careful, my dear sister. Putting on that suit and all the darkness with it makes you just as crazy as me."
- —Alice about the Batwoman suit.[src]
The Batwoman suit, also known as the Batsuit and formerly known as the Batman suit, is a protective suit worn by Kate Kane as Batwoman, to hide her identity from her enemies, when she goes out fighting crime.
The Batman suit was made by Bruce for fighting crime as Batman after the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. The suit is all black with a bat symbol outlined on the chest of the suit. It comes with a bat like cowl with pointy ears pointed upwards. A black cape is attached as well from the shoulders.
- Identity concealment: Both Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane uses a black bat-like mask to conceal their identities; to keep their friends and families safe from harm.
- "People aren't afraid anymore. An army may not scare them, but that will."
- —Kate Kane to Luke Fox[src]
- Intimidation: Both Bruce and Kate use the suit to be terrifying to their enemies.
- Kevlar armor: The suit is lined with kevlar to prevent gunshots wounds to the user. Luke mentions how the suit is strong against even the Desert Eagle Mark IX .50 AE, which is one of the most powerful handguns in the world because it can literally bust a hole through anything. Lucius Fox, made the suit out of a military-grade kevlar woven with enriched carbon nanotubes of his own design, said gun doesn't even make a dent. Nothing short of a projectile fired from a specially-made railgun is able to pierce the suit from a distance.
- Damage recording: The suit's carbon fibers record any deformation caused by damage to the suit in order to record blunt force trauma and bullet impacts. This recording is so precise, it can even record the impact of a license plate on the suit.
- Night vision lenses: The suit includes night vision lenses for fighting in dark rooms completely shut in darkness. Bruce had used these due to his dislike for night vision goggles. Kate later used them for her own suit when tracking down Beth Kane.
- Electronic detection: The lenses also allow the user to detect electronics. Allowing Kate to single out Parker's phone from everyone else when tracking her down.
- Defibrillator: When Kate has washed up ashore, but is unconscious and is getting surrounded by cops. Luke calls to her and while doing so says there's a defibrillator in the suit. He activates it remotely and it wakes Kate up.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The suit is weak against the rail gun, which is a parallel conductor that generates a pulse of electromagnetism, accelerating the velocity of the projectile.
- It's the most lethal weapon that Bruce ever built. It is the only gun that shoots a shot strong enough to penetrate the suit. Bruce had it built in case the suit ever fell into the wrong hands. Thus, whoever is in possession of the gun, has the only gun out there that can kill Batman.
- However, the disruptor in the gauntlet Kate has, when activated the light will flash green, and the gun will be neutralized.
- On the CatCo cover for Winter 2020, as well as when she attended Gothamites' rally to turn on the Batsignal, she was seen wearing a version of her suit that exposed her neck. Whether this is meant to be a different suit, a minor change to her existing suit, or a mistake is unclear.
|Other versions of Batwoman suit|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Batman suit.|
|Earth: Prime |
Earth: 1 • 89 • 99 • 203
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.