An unnamed man, codenamed Bear, is a member of the Longbow Hunters.
Allying with Ricardo Diaz
When Oliver and Diggle were on a mission to find Emiko's mother's murderer, they find out that the house they are searching is actually the one of "Bear". Oliver shoots an arrow into his back, but he replies that an arrow can't stop him; however, Oliver says that a tranquilizer would, before Bear falls. While interrogating him, they discover that it was Dante that paid him to kill Kazumi Adachi.
- Peak of human physical condition: Bear is a beast of a man with brute force. He is in an incredible physical condition, north of six feet, being barely fazed by a strike to the face from a rifle's stock and could overpower John Diggle with ease using only one arm and can toss around Rene Ramirez like a rag doll with little physical effort. With his shield, Bear's punches have sent armed security guards across a room, and he was able to cut through and break John's rifle.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Bear is an incredibly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, as he was able to overpower John Diggle and several A.R.G.U.S. agents easily. He could also push back Rene Ramirez while he had a knife without much effort.
- Master shield fighter: Bear is highly skilled in the use of his shield to defend himself in close spaces against several enemies.
- Expert Marksman: While it was not seen (on-screen) Bear is capable of firing a rifle, the same kind of weapon he used when he was hired to kill Kazumi Adachi.
- Stealth: Bear was able to sneak up behind a security guard and impale him with his shield. He can conceal his weapon in his large coat due to his overwhelming size.
- Intimidation: Along with Red and Silencer, Bear is feared by the League of Assassins; due to the Longbow Hunters' reputation.
- High tolerance for pain: Bear has a tolerance for pain, as he was unaffected by being stricken in the face with the stock of a rifle as well as being shot in the back with an arrow.
- Shield: Bear has a shield that has blades on it that he can use to protect himself from attacks; but it can also be used as a weapon to attack and kill others.
- Bear is based on the DC comic book character Kodiak, a Green Arrow villain that in the DC comics likewise utilizes a large shield as his primary weapon.
- The subtitles even call him Kodiak.
- The markings on his jacket are the same as the tattoos of his comics counterpart.