In the original timeline, Behrad was killed by A.R.G.U.S. agents, leading to Zari gaining possession of his totem and joining the Legends. However, due to the events of Heyworld, the timeline changed and Behrad survived to join the Legends instead. He was ultimately slain by the Fate Atropos, who sensed he'd been fated to die before the timeline change. He was later resurrected by Charlie using the Loom of Fate.
Behrad Tarazi was born in January 2020 in Washington, D.C. to Nasreen Tarazi and an unnamed man. Soon after his birth, his family moved to Seattle, Washington. Behrad had an older sister, Zari, and the two were very close; Zari would read Behrad his favorite bedtime story, The Prince of Timbuktu, anytime he couldn't sleep.
In 2021, after A.R.G.U.S. established a dictatorship over America, Behrad and his family were forced to move to a ghetto district. Sometime later, Behrad and Zari joined the resistance, with Behrad becoming a vigilante wielding a mystical amulet in his family's possession.
The Legends created Heyworld as part of a plan to show humans that magical creatures were nothing to fear. They succeeded, but in doing so changed history, namely Zari's. Since the plan worked, the anti-meta-human act never happened which in turn caused Behrad to never be killed and Zari never joins the Legends. As a result, Behrad joined the Legends instead of Zari and everyone's memories were changed to reflect this, with no one remembering that Zari was ever there.
During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Behrad, as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
A few days within that same month, Behrad celebrated his birthday by seeing himself, as a newborn, in the hospital.
Behrad brought Nate Heywood to 2044 Washington, D.C. where his family's house is to celebrate his father's birthday. Behrad told the family that Nate was one of his professors from grad school; since Behrad rarely visited, his parents were very happy to see him. After meeting Zari Tarazi and mistaking her for Zari Tomaz, Nate told Behrad about the message that he had found on the Waverider from his alternate timeline lover, causing Behrad to think Nate was crazy.
After the birthday dinner, Zari realized that she recognized Nate and Behrad from Heyworld over twenty years earlier and questioned why they hadn't aged. To keep Zari from telling their parents about his time-traveling exploits, Behrad opened a doorway which led his sister to the Waverider.
When Atropos arrived on the Waverider to take the two pieces of Loom of Fate, Behrad tried to stop her, but Atropos killed him by cutting the thread of his life, sensing that he was dead in the original timeline.
- "I'm back!"
- —Behrad on Ultimate Buds[src]
Zari Tarazi told Clotho that, if she could have any wish, it would be to be with her brother again; Behrad appeared with Zari on the television show "Ultimate Buds" where the two were roommates, as Clotho granted every Legend their dream life. Behrad removed the Air Totem and excused himself; when he returned, his sister was acting differently. He watched as the totem responded to her commands as he accompanied her to another TV show. After going through various shows, Behrad's memories suddenly returned and he found himself reunited with the Legends. However, Behrad also realized that he was dead; he was assured by the others that he was alive now and needed to make the most of it.
Clotho soon split Zari's thread of life into two strings; this gave both versions of Zari a physical form. Realizing that he now had two sisters, Behrad was not very pleased to see that one was a paramour of Nate Heywood. Upon returning to "Ultimate Buds", he helped the show get canceled because he could not accept the price of living as a fictional character. With the other Legends, he decided to confront the Fates.
He went with Zari Tarazi, John Constantine, Sara Lance, and Astra Logue as their group was assigned to find and destroy the Loom of Fate; when they did, they became part of the plan to defeat Atropos. While Sara fought the Fate, he and his sister used the Air Totem in tandem to push Atropos into the Loom where Sara pulled her thread of life and entangled it in the other threads that the Loom was manipulating. Behrad fled as the Loom and the deity exploded. Running to the Waverider, the Legends jumped four months into the future.
Behrad noticed that Zari Tomaz was Nate Heywood's paramour, but he teased Tarazi about her relationship with John Constantine. However, every time he was near Tomaz, he felt pain; at one moment, he had a vision of A.R.G.U.S. agents killing him, but that never happened to him. Tomaz explained that this happened in her timeline. Later, when the two different versions were playing with their brother, a scar developed, from where Atropos had pulled Behrad's life thread and started bleeding heavily. Though Behrad dismissed it, Tomaz realized that he could not handle the contradictory timelines that his sisters represented. She had a meeting with the Legends, and Behrad watched as Tomaz returned to the Air Totem.
When Sara Lance was corrupted by wearing the Death Totem, she made a glamor of a child version of Behrad to lower Zari's guard. Behrad innocently asked her to read The Prince of Timbuktu to him and they recited a few lines of the story together. However, Zari accepted that Behrad was gone, causing the glamor to disappear and Sara to reappear.
Once Zari found out about her brother’s death, she became entirely focused on the mission for the Loom of Fate as she knew it could bring him back to life.
When all three pieces of the Loom were found, reviving Behrad became Clotho's top priority, despite the protests of Astra Logue and John Constantine; however, Clotho was unsuccessful and the resulting explosion from the attempt damaged the Waverider.
Powers and abilities
- Abilities via Air Totem: Behrad's powers come from this totem, which allows him to channel and harness the air.
- Expert engineer: Behrad has been proven to be highly trained with machinery, as he was able to help Nate in repairing the Waverider.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Behrad is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist; as he can defeat multiple opponents with ease.
- Singing: Behrad seems to be a decent singer.
- Dancing: Behrad is a talented dancer, as when he performed in Mr. Parker's show with Zari Tarazi.
- Air Totem: In the new timeline, Behrad joined the Legends in place of Zari, he is once again in possession of the Air Totem.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Behrad is the third male Legend to not be from the present, after Rip Hunter and Scythian Torvil.
- Behrad's close friendship with Ray Palmer and Nate Heywood in the new timeline is likely because in the original timeline, the two were his sister Zari's close friend and romantic interest, respectively.
- Behrad uses cannabis. He apparently keeps a stash for really bad days, as Sara told him to get it after too much stress from the documentary of their latest mission.
- At 6' 3", he is the tallest Legend.
- Behrad has a special recipe for nachos.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Adrianna Tomaz (Zari Tomaz and Zari Tarazi's comic book equivalent) has a brother, Amon Tomaz, who goes by Osiris. He has a portion of Black Adam's powers every time he speaks his name, having been granted them by Black Adam himself. Like his Arrowverse counterpart, he was shockingly killed off only a few months after being introduced.
- According to Shayan Sobhian, the reason for the change of Behrad's last name is because of the timeline change.
- The last name Tarazi is their original family name, however, due to the disapproval of religions in the original timeline, they were forced to change their last name to Tomaz. As this timeline was erased, their last name was no longer Tomaz.