The Black Canary suit is a suit utilized originally by Laurel Lance as Black Canary. After Laurel was killed by Damien Darhk, Team Arrow kept her suit in the Arrowcave as a memento of their fallen comrade. Three years later, the suit was passed to Earth-2 Laurel Lance by Felicity Smoak.
Laurel Lance's suit includes a jacket that is zipped up to her neck with long sleeves covering her entire arms. A turtleneck bodysuit, pants, a garter-like belt, leg holsters, thigh-high boots, and fingerless gloves are included, all made of leather. Laurel also wears a black mask and a bleach-blonde wig to hide her identity.
The suit seems to be a modified version of the Canary suit worn by Sara Lance, displaying a more rough, street-edge look. The pattern close to the shoulders on Laurel's jacket is almost identical to that on Sara's jacket.
After the death of her sister Sara, Laurel began fighting against crime as the vigilante known as Black Canary. Using the jacket given to her by Sara, Laurel also included a leather turtleneck bodysuit, pants, garter-like belt, leg holsters, thigh high boots, fingerless gloves, and a bleached blonde wig. Laurel also used tactical tonfas and the sonic device used by Sara, which she later had upgraded.
Laurel met Cisco Ramon when the latter was visiting Star City. Laurel approached Cisco and asked if he could modify the sonic device into something different. Cisco then use it to craft a choker-like version of it to be worn around the collar, and called it the "Canary Cry".
Laurel was seen wearing the suit, but without the blonde wig. She continued to wear the suit while operating as Black Canary until her death.
After Laurel's death, the suit was kept in the Arrowcave by Team Arrow in a glass display case as a memorial of their fallen friend.
Three years after Laurel's death, Felicity Smoak passed the suit to Earth-2 Laurel after the later had successfully redeemed herself. Laurel then took it to Earth-2 and took up the mantle of Black Canary.
- Identity concealment: Laurel Lance, and later Earth-2 Laurel Lance, used a black mask to conceal her identity when fighting crime.
- Kevlar: The suit is lined with kevlar to prevent gunshots wounds to the user.
- Sonic scream: After Cisco Ramon designed the Canary Cry, Laurel could scream via the use of a collar. However, the device was not adopted by her Earth-2 doppelgänger due to the latter's meta-human powers.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Laurel's Black Canary suit in the Arrowverse is a more modernized version of the suit worn by Dinah Laurel Lance from the DC comics.
- Malcolm Merlyn humorously referred to Laurel's suit as a "bondage outfit".
- Initially, the suit was believed to have been destroyed by Earth-2 Laurel Lance during her attack in "", but is revealed in "" to still be intact.
Behind the scenes
|Other versions of Black Canary suit (Laurel Lance)|
|To see other versions of this suit, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Black Canary suit.|
|Earth: Prime • 2|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • Dinah Drake|