Black Hole was a crime syndicate associated with McCulloch Technologies and led by Joseph Carver, employing light-based meta-human assassins for their crimes. After Eva McCulloch destroyed Black Hole’s depository, killed Carver, and gained power over McCulloch Technologies and the light-based assassins, it is unknown if Black Hole remains operational.
Black Hole was created at some point before 2013, soon after the particle accelerator explosion. Joseph Carver and Eva McCulloch had two different visions of what to do with the discoveries of McCulloch Technologies, so, when Eva was thrusted into the Mirrorverse, Carver was free to create the terrorist organization.
Black Hole acquired Esperanza Garcia, grooming her into an assassin whilst using her meta-human abilities to its advantage. They would then do the same thing to Kimiyo Hoshi and Millie Rawlins. After Iris West-Allen met with an informant from McCulloch Technologies, The Central City Citizen looked into McCulloch Technologies' involvement into Black Hole; Black Hole then ordered Kimiyo to murder Iris West-Allen on their behalf. However, Iris continued to pursue the lead, meeting Carver to unearth his affiliation with the group. Despite being unsuccessful, Kimiyo attacked Iris after meeting with her informant, leading to him being killed. Iris then infiltrated Carver's office, using a key from the group to break into a room. She was then abducted through a mirror after trying to gain information from Carver's computer.
Black Hole was threatening the lives of the parents of Sue Dearbon, extorting money from them and having it sent to different bank accounts in Paris, Shanghai, and Central City. Carver kept a file on them in a Central City warehouse, as he did with all his employees. To stop the extortion, Sue began her own investigation into Black Hole, stealing the Black Hole diamond, hoping that she could access the files but she failed to obtain them, either due to the number of guards there or from not realizing that it was a map. Nevertheless, she opted to become an agent in order to get close to Joseph Carver to kill him, herself.
Later in 2020, Eva McCulloch destroys Black Hole's storage warehouse, where Carver kept files on his employees in order to blackmail them. Afterwards, she gave the organization's assassins the choice to work for her, thus creating the second incarnation of Eva McCulloch's team. It is unknown if Black Hole remains operational after Eva kills Joseph Carver and gains power over McCulloch Technologies.
- Millie Rawlins/Sunshine (betrayed; joined Eva McCulloch's team)
- Esperanza Garcia/Ultraviolet (betrayed; joined Eva McCulloch's team)
- Kimiyo Hoshi/Dr. Light (betrayed; joined Eva McCulloch's team)
- Sue Dearbon (betrayed; allied with Team Flash)
- Joseph Carver (leader; deceased)
- "Malcolm Strombard" (deceased)
- January Galore (façade)
- Remington Meister (incarcerated)
- Peter Merkel/Rag Doll (incarcerated)
- Team Flash (situational allies)
- Team Flash
- Sue Dearbon
- Eva McCulloch's team
- Black Hole seems to favor using villains/metas with light powers. This is ironic in the sense that no light can escape a real black hole.
- It may be a twisted metaphor.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Black Hole is an organization of individuals hellbent on manipulating and using the Speed-Force to their ends.
- Black Hole is also a reference to the evil organization in the James Bond films SPECTRE.