"Black Jesus: The Book of Crucifixion" is the eleventh episode of the first season of , and the eleventh episode overall. It aired on April 3, 2018.
|AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - As suspicions grow that Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is Black Lightning, the ASA arranges to have him arrested. Lynn (Christine Adams) seeks help from Detecitve Henderson (Damon Gupton). Meanwhile, as Jefferson is in custody, Gambi (James Remar) and Anissa (Nafessa Williams) work together to show Black Lightning is still running around the streets of Freeland.|
- Cress Williams as Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning
- China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce
- Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce/Thunder
- Christine Adams as Dr. Lynn Stewart
- Marvin "Krondon" Jones III (credit only)
- Damon Gupton as Deputy Chief Bill Henderson
- James Remar as Peter Gambi
- Crystal Lee Brown as Desk Sergeant
- Regina Chen as Chandler Tong
- Anthony Reynolds as Deputy Chief Cayman
- Kyanna Simone Simpson as Kiesha
- Vanessa Aranegui as Ms. Gordon
- Jay Harmon III as Jonate
- Josh Henry as Man in Lab Coat
- Jasun Jabbar as Tavon Singley
- Tommy Kane as John Webb
- Faron Salisbury as Detective Glennon
- Polly Craig as Senior Citizen
- Mimi Fletcher as Woman Delivery Driver
- Christopher Hampton as Bearded Young Man
- Patrick Lamont as Resident #1
- Wendel Matthews as African American Officer
- Kelita Samone as Resident #2
Black Lightning and Thunder raid another location in search of the missing children, but find that the stasis pods have been moved again. At the new location, Kara Fowdy is concerned over the stability of one of the children's lifesigns. A technician believes it is because of the constant moving, and that the readings should settle.
Acting on orders from the A.S.A., Fowdy instructs Deputy Chief Cayman to frame Jefferson Pierce as a Green Light drug dealer. He is arrested at school after Green Light is planted in his car. Fowdy is informed that Jefferson will be transferred to a black site to confirm if he is Black Lightning.
In jail, Jefferson is treated poorly; despite the fact he is cooperative, they slam him into a wall, handcuff him and hit him in the gut when he protests calmly. Moments later, he is forced to endure a humiliating strip-search. They even take his clothes to falsely plant evidence of Green Light in them.Lynn Stewart tries to find a lawyer to defend Jefferson, while Inspector Bill Henderson questions Jefferson until Cayman informs him that federal orders have arrived to transfer Jefferson. This sets off alarm bells for what should be a local drug arrest.
Thunder and Gambi use holographic technology to fool everyone into believing that Black Lightning is still active. Henderson finds proof that one of the officers involved in arresting Jefferson is corrupt and gets him to implicate Cayman. Jefferson is released and Cayman arrested on corruption charges.
Henderson is promoted to Deputy Chief, while Gambi is welcomed to dinner at the Pierce household. At the A.S.A. facility, one of the children dies.
- The episode was previously titled "Rebellion in the Ranks".
- The only person interviewed about the news of Jefferson's arrest to believe the false charges is a Caucasian woman, once again showing the theme of racial prejudice that Jefferson battles.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • ""|