- For other characters named "Blake", see Blake (disambiguation).
- "When my master was first bestowed the gift of eternal life, an enemy tried to kill him. Every myth has its monster, its devil. For those of our order, it's him, the Gareeb."
- —Blake to Rip Hunter on "the Gareeb"[src]
Blake is a banker of the Bruemberg Group, as well as a follower of Vandal Savage. In 1975, he was in charge of Savage's bank account and provided a cover for Savage's true operations in Leipzig, leading a cult of immortality. Blake was confronted by Rip Hunter's team, who managed to infiltrate Savage's order gathering after kidnapping him. Blake received his share of Carter Hall's blood during Savage's ritual, supposedly extending the length of his life by approximately a century.
In 1975, Blake was working at Bruemberg Group when Sara Lance and Rip Hunter showed up as prospective clients. He warmly welcomed the two and promised he would safely store their goods. However, Blake figured out they were enemies of Vandal Savage. He had mercenaries (posing as guards) and the receptionist ready to engage them. During the fight, Blake ended up battling Sara and was easily defeated. Sara killed his personnel but kept him alive as Rip stopped her at the last moment.
Sara and Rip questioned Blake at the Waverider. He revealed to Sara that Rip was an ancient enemy of Savage and couldn't be trusted. Rip got emotional but returned and they devised a plan in which they forced Blake to bring them to the most prized treasure of Savage, his "vessel".
Sara posed as Blake's girlfriend as he was driven to the vessel's location. The guard was surprised to see Sara instead of Blake's wife. Once inside, Blake was knocked out and stored in the car's trunk.
Blake was later released by Savage's other followers. They cornered Rip and Sara just as they discovered the vessel: Carter Hall's body. Sara and Rip were subdued and tied up, forced to attend a ceremony. Savage explained that by drinking Carter's blood, his followers' lifespan would be extended by a century. Blake and another follower drank the blood. Suddenly, Leonard Snart, Mick Rory and Jefferson Jackson burst in and attacked everyone. In the ensuing chaos, Blake faced off with Sara again, but was defeated once more. Sara violently stabbed the floor next to Blake's head, but spared him.
According to Time Master Zaman Druce, the Time Masters intended for Rip Hunter's team to lose Carter to Savage so that his followers, including Blake, would drink his blood and achieve immortality, leaving Savage with valuable servants and giving him an advantage. These events were thus manipulated by the Time Masters, thanks to their Oculus device.
Powers and abilities
- Longevity: Blake drank the blood from Carter's body and Vandal Savage said he could live an extra hundred years or so.
- High level-intellect/Economic acumen: Blake was a well-respected banker of the highly prestigious Bruemberg Group, in charge of watching over the most valuable possessions and assets. He also managed Vandal Savage's financial resources.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Blake was able to defend himself for a while against Sara Lance unarmed while she wielded a knife.