- "He is committing suicide and he just invited the entire city to join him."
- —Oliver Queen realizes Shraphnel's intentions at Sebastian Blood's Unity Rally
|Oliver must tackle a new threat to the city when bombs start to go off in Starling City. Felicity discovers the person setting them off is Mark Scheffer, a man who goes by the nickname Shrapnel. Arrow discovers Shrapnel's next target is Sebastian Blood's "Unity Rally" and tries to talk the alderman out of hosting it, but he refuses. Arrow sets off to stop the bombing, but Shrapnel tricks him and traps him in a bomb-laced antique store where he is unable to move without setting off the device. While Felicity helps Oliver, Diggle races to the plaza to find the bomb before it goes off. Meanwhile, Roy continues to hide his new strength from Thea but, after she witnesses his super strength in action at the rally, she demands answers. Laurel's suspicions about Sebastian grow stronger once she learns that he grew up with Cyrus Gold, the man who killed Lance's partner. After Donner refuses to help her investigate, she turns to Arrow for help.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Arrow
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper
- Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen
- Paul Blackthorne as Officer Quentin Lance
- Kevin Alejandro as Sebastian Blood
- Caity Lotz as Sara Lance
- Sean Maher as Mark Scheffer/Shrapnel
- Dylan Bruce as Adam Donner
- Jesse Hutch as Officer Daily
- Ana Mercedes as Maya Resik
- Dylan Neal as Anthony Ivo
- Keri Adams as Bethany Snow
- Marty Gage as Gary
- Janet Glassford as Nurse
- Marrett Green as News Reporter
- Paul Lazenby as Thug
- Claire Lindsay as Businesswoman
- Annabel Kershaw as Middle Aged Woman
Oliver continues his search for the man in the skull mask to no avail.
Oliver and Thea host a campaign party for Sebastian at Verdant. During the party, Oliver learns Laurel has been seeing Sebastian.
Meanwhile, Felicity has been traveling to Central City to visit Barry who is in a coma due to the explosion.
A serial bomber Mark Scheffer, who goes by the name "Shrapnel", begins setting off bombs across Starling City as an anti-government movement. The first bomb he sets off is during the party so Oliver rushes off to help as many people as he can.
Felicity returns and says she reach out to Detective Lance. Meanwhile, Laurel shows up at Sebastian's office and she brings up to Sebastian about Cyrus Gold, someone Sebastian knows. He made up lies mixed in with some truths about what had happened in the past. After Sebastian leaves her alone in his office, she snoops.
Thea questions Roy about him since the last 5 weeks he had been acting differently. He gets upset with her and he said she was the only thing keeping him together. When making out in the storage room, they accidentally knock a box with glass down. A piece knicks him and Thea runs to get the first aid kit.
Quentin believes that there is a leak in the police department and asks the hood for help. Another blast occurs. Oliver went after the guy but loses him in the chase. Oliver gets upset and Felicity was upset as a result.
Sebastian Blood begins his campaign as mayor, and decides to organize a Unity Rally for the city. Before the rally, Oliver visits Sebastian and warns him. Oliver isn't able to talk him down from having it.
The night of the rally, Scheffer targets the rally, and leaves behind a bomb in his store. Oliver is able to apprehend Scheffer, not long after he shot Diggle, and the bombs are disarmed. During the commotion, Thea witnesses Roy using his new strength to save her mother and subsequently confronts him about it. He lies about what happened.
Oliver apologizes to Felicity. He then visits Sebastian. They team up to help the city.
Laurel continues to look into Blood, after discovering that he has ties to Cyrus Gold. She visits a mental institution, where she finds Blood's mother, who reveals that Sebastian killed his father and put her in the institution to cover it up.
In a flashback, Slade experiences adverse effects to his mind and personality due to the Mirakuru.It causes him to strangle Oliver after vowing revenge against Ivo. Sara hits him with a tree branch causing him to let Oliver go. Slade begins to freak out because of it. Ivo asks for the drug in return for getting them off the island.
- After the second bombing, when Officer Quentin Lance radios in, he gives his call-sign as "DC52"—an apparent reference to DC Comics' New 52 comics universe.
- The hospital where Sebastian Blood's mother, Maya Resik, is living, is named St. Walker's Hospital, a reference to the DC Comics character, Saint Walker.
- This is the first time Adam Donner, who was last seen in "" and seems to have fully recovered from his Vertigo overdose, has appeared.
- This episode revealed that Sebastian and Cyrus Gold had known each other years before the events of "".
- Quentin Lance says that his arm injury still hurts when it's cold. This line was originally uttered by Oliver Queen in The Dark Knight Returns.
- This episode takes place 5 weeks since the previous episode's events.
Preparation ran from October 11 until October 22, 2013. Shooting ran from October 23 until November 1, 2013.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|