The first blood brother to come into existence was Mitch Romero after he attempted to attack Ramsey Rosso during a business deal that goes bad. Rosso attacks him with is new meta abilities, killing him in the process.
Shortly after Romero was defeated by Team Flash, Ramsey took some of the black blood for study and realized that if he absorbs it, he can make himself stronger.
He later attacked a hospital in order to start his quest for eternal life and created a few more to help escape.
With Dark Flash under his control, Ramsey started changing anyone he could find into blood brothers. Eventually, he tried to turn everyone in the city at once using the particle accelerator, but he was stopped by Allegra Garcia, who also managed to return all the blood brothers to normal.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human/Blood Brother physiology: Being exposed to Ramsey's meta-human abilities alter the physiology of a Blood Brother.
- Superhuman strength: Blood Brothers have shown to have a degree of superhuman strength, most notably Mitch Romero.
- Superhuman durability: As Blood Brothers are not alive in the traditional sense, their bodies are able to sustain heavy damage including those that are typically fatal.
- Link to Ramsey Rosso: All of the Blood Brothers have a psychic connection to Ramsey Rosso.
- Life eternal: Blood Brothers have a pseudo-form of immortality and will remain in their infected state so long as they are in close proximity with Ramsey Rosso.
- Dependence on Ramsey Rosso: Blood Brothers who were created after being resurrected from being formerly deceased, must be within close proximity to Ramsey Rosso. If they are too far from him, they will expire and dissolve into pools of black gooey blood.
- Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork (leader, incarcerated)
- Mitch Romero (deceased)
- Various doctors and patients from Central City Hospital (deceased)
- Various Central City residents (cured)
- Barry Allen/Dark Flash (cured)
- Team Flash
Behind the scenes
- In DC comics, the Blood Brothers are a group of assassins who are enemies of the Justice League Elite. Unlike the show, they have no relation to Bloodwork.