- "Though immortality is mine alone, I can share some of it with my friends. Ensuring them an extra... 100 years?"
- —Vandal Savage increases the lifespan of his order using Carter Hall's blood
Rip decides to weaken Vandal Savage by going after his financial assets. Rip and Sara infiltrate Savage's bank, but are discovered by his men. Meanwhile, Snart and Rory talk Jax into taking the Waverider back to Central City so they can steal a valuable emerald. Professor Stein guides Ray on a dangerous mission.
Preparation ran from September 24 until October 2, 2015. Shooting ran from October 5 until October 16, 2015.
- Rip Hunter says "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall". Superman has been referred to in comics as the "Man of Steel" and Batman as the "Dark Knight". It is unclear if Rip's plural usage may refer to different versions of the same person in several altered timelines, or different people taking up the mantle as has occurred in the comics.
- Vandal Savage mentions learning something from Jack the Ripper, who has been several different characters in the comics.
- This episode shows Leonard Snart as a child. Snart's childhood was originally explored in the fan-favorite comic story "Absolute Zero".
- Ray Palmer says "That's probably what they said on the Titanic" to Martin Stein when worrying he will miss the first dagger fragment in Kendra's tracheal artery, which Stein remarked was the size of an iceberg. Victor Garber, the actor who portrays Stein, appeared as Thomas Andrews in the 1997 film Titanic.
- Before blowing up the last dagger fragment, Ray says "Looks like all those years of playing "Asteroids" is about to pay off.", which is a reference to the 1979 video game Asteroids.
- Thea Queen, Anna Loring and Ra's al Ghul were mentioned in this episode.
- While fighting in the bank, Sara Lance says "Seems you brought a knife to a sword fight", which is a quote from the 1987 film The Untouchables.
- Mick Rory says "I didn't have you pegged as the Eyes Wide Shut type.", which is a reference to the 1999 film Eyes Wide Shut.
- A poster of Jonah Hex can be seen in Rip's study. He later appears in "".
- ↑ "Legends of Tomorrow" Episode Description Promises Professor Stein-Ray Palmer Team-Up - Comic Book Resources
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|"" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|