- "On this occasion... a home, more than bricks and mortar, and a turtle. It's uh, it's a feeling. It's a feeling of belonging, isn't it? Of, of love, of course. Of hope, for the future. I don't know if I have ever met two people who are more suited to one another than you two. To Barry and Iris."
- —H.R. Wells
Barry is tormented by his vision of the future where Iris is murdered by Savitar. When a criminal named Plunder shows up in Central City, Barry recalls the villain’s presence in his vision of the future and fears that if he catches Plunder, it will cement Iris’ fate. Confused about Barry’s hesitation to stop Plunder, Wally decides to step in as Kid Flash. Caitlin offers Julian a job.
- Cisco mentions Caitlin "going all Frozen" on them, referencing the 2013 film in which the ice-powered protagonist, Elsa, loses control of her abilities and hurts her sister.
- Cisco quips, "hang on McFly, I'm about to vibe you back to the future", referencing the protagonist, Marty McFly, from the Back to the Future franchise.
- Cisco and H.R. recite lines from a poem by Anna M. Pratt, as previously done in "".
- One of the future headlines reads that Music Meister received a 6-figure deal. The Music Meister was a villain who debuted in the TV series Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and ended up appearing in person on in the crossover episode "".
- Barry's opening monologue for Season 3 has changed starting from this episode, now mentioning Savitar rather than Zoom.
- This episode alludes in multiple ways to the Season 2 episode "":
- Both episodes concern Barry's nightmares about a major villain (Savitar/Zoom) threatening the life of the woman he loves (Iris/Patty Spivot).
- A "turtle" of some form is introduced (meta-human villain Russell Glosson/Barry and Iris' new pet turtle, McSnurtle).
- The end features a cameo appearance of an interdimensional/time traveler (Gypsy/Reverse-Flash) who is wearing a projective device near the palm of their hand.
- Starting with this episode, Julian is now an official member of Team Flash.
- This episode takes place about a month after the events of the previous episode, meaning it would place this episode somewhere at the end of January 2017, bringing it up to date of when this episode aired.
- It is revealed that the date that Barry traveled to in the future in the previous episode, "", was May 23, 2017.
- And since May 23, 2017 is a Tuesday, it ended up being the date of the Season 3 finale, "".
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|