- For the object of the same name, see Canary Cry (object).
- "I knew Laurel Lance for almost her entire life. She was my friend and I loved her. Before she died, I was lucky enough to hear her tell me that she loved me too. Laurel Lance became a lawyer to help people who may have appeared helpless. She wanted to give a voice to the silent. But just being a lawyer wasn't enough. She wanted to do more for those people, and for this city. And she loved this city so much. By now, everyone knows that Laurel was killed in the Iron Heights Prison riot. And while it's true that she was an assistant district attorney, that's not what she was doing there that night. Before she died, Laurel told me the truth: Laurel Lance was the Black Canary. And for the past few days, I have had to sit and listen to people try and paint the Black Canary as a criminal. She was not a criminal. She was a hero. She was a hero in every way that a person can be. And if Laurel were here, I know that she would expect all of us to live up to the example that she set. She'd want us to save our city."
- —Oliver Queen's eulogy
Oliver and the team struggle to come to terms with Laurel's death, especially Diggle who is overwhelmed with guilt for choosing to believe Andy had changed. Meanwhile, Lance refuses to believe his daughter is really gone and asks Nyssa to help bring her back. A recent Black Canary sighting in Star City only seems to prove his theory that Laurel isn't actually dead.
Preparation ran from February 15 until February 23, 2016. Shooting ran from February 24 until March 4, 2016.
- Barry Allen is depicted with his speed in this episode, even though he should have lost his speed to Zoom around the same time on , unless this episode possibly takes place before "".
- During Laurel's funeral, when the priest invites Oliver to talk, the tombstone behind him says "-M Clayton". This is possibly a reference to William Clayton being one of the candidates for dying this season.
- This episode introduces Evelyn Sharp, who becomes the vigilante "Artemis" in Season 5 until her betrayal.
- In the final flashback, Laurel's last appearance in which she is alive, she is wearing the same clothes she wore in her very first appearance in "".
- This is the final appearance of Katie Cassidy as a series regular until Season 6.
- ↑ Arrow First Look: Laurel's Emotional Funeral Brings Back [Spoiler] - TVLine
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • ""|