During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Carson as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: Carson received his abilities due to being one of the kids who received the vaccine.
- Power Mimicry: Carson has the ability to mimic the abilities of any meta-human he comes in contact with.
- Peak of human physical condition: Carson was in top physical condition from his time with The A.S.A.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/martial artist: Carson was a proficient unarmed combatant due to his training from The A.S.A.
- Skilled Marksman: Carson was proficient in the use of firearms.
- Serum: Due to the nature of his powers, he needs to take a serum regularly to stay healthy.
- "The thing is, you got a lot of electricity coursing through your nervous system right now. I got this suit to protect me. You don't, meta."
- —Jefferson Pierce[src]
- Black Lightning's Powers: He can use Black Lightning's powers but can't withstand the electrical output.