- "Good morning, Central City! A year ago, our world changed. Our city became ground zero for...some pretty weird stuff. We got a new breed of criminal: Men and women who defied not only our laws, but physics and reason. But we got something else, too. We got the Flash! Our wounds run deep, and I know many of you are afraid of what threats tomorrow may bring. But the Flash doesn't just protect us, he restores hope where it was lost. That's why I'm honored to present the key to the man who saved Central City: The Flash!"
- —Anthony Bellows[src]
Central City was a major city in the United States located in the state of Missouri. It was located 600 miles from Star City. Despite being a landlocked city, the nearby Gardener River gave Central City the illusion of being a beach town. Its sister city was Keystone City.
A particle accelerator was built by S.T.A.R. Labs, though not long after it being turned on it exploded, causing a shock-wave to blow throughout the city. This resulted in the creation of 2,600 meta-humans. Since then, Barry Allen/The Flash and Team Flash aided the Central City Police Department in fighting meta-human criminals.
Following a black hole that Team Flash failed to shut down before its creation, half of the city was destroyed.
Gangs and drug dealing
- Darbinyan crime family (disbanded; deceased)
- Royal Flush Gang (incarcerated; deceased)
- Electric Gang (incarcerated; deceased)
- Santini crime family (deceased)
- East Street Skulls (deceased)
- Amunet Black's criminal organization (deceased)
- Goldface's black market (deceased)
- Inglewood (destroyed by antimatter)
- Allen house (destroyed by antimatter)
- Barry and Iris's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Cisco Ramon's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Caitlin Snow's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Eddie Thawne's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Eobard Thawne's mansion (destroyed by antimatter)
- Mark Mardon's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Merkel Mansion (destroyed by antimatter)
- Patty Spivot's apartment (destroyed by antimatter)
- Ramon house (destroyed by antimatter)
- Stein house (destroyed by antimatter)
- The Trickster's lair (destroyed by antimatter)
- West house (destroyed by antimatter)
- Central City Diamonds (baseball; formerly)
HistoryCentral City was incorporated in 1852, the same year a devastating flood hit the city.
In 2015, Central City was nearly destroyed when a massive singularity appeared above it. The singularity was eventually stopped by the Flash and his team, but at the cost of Ronnie Raymond, who sacrificed his life to close it. Central City credited the Flash for saving their city.
In 2016, Central City was at the mercy of Zoom, and was the target for Zoom's meta-human group's invasion, resulting in the Metapocalypse, a devastating event, that forced Central City Police Department to fight off a whole invading army of meta-humans from Earth-2.
On December 2018, the book of destiny remitted reality and made some significant changes and created a hero and tyrant named Superman. But during a confrontation, the book was destroyed and restore the reality back to normal.
On the stroke of midnight on December 10, 2019, after Barry and his team put an end to Bloodwork's reign of terror over Central City, the skies turned red over the city as Barry and his team looked on. This meant the Crisis has begun. The city was ultimately destroyed in the Crisis, but thanks to Oliver Queen, a new Central City was created on Earth-Prime.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Chronicles of Cisco
Freedom Fighters: The Ray
Arrow: The Dark Archer
The Flash: Season Zero
The Chronicles of Cisco
- Central City is located approximately 600 miles from Star City.
- According to Felicity Smoak, Central City has the highest concentration of iron oxide in the country.
- There has never been an earthquake in Central City.
- There are 14 million people living in Central City.
Behind the scenes
- In the show and DC comic books, Central City is in Missouri. In the DCEU, Central City is located in Ohio, overtop the real-life location of Athens.
- Despite being set in Missouri in the show, Central City is depicted as being on a coastline. This is because much of the production is in Vancouver, B.C., and Portland, Oregon, both situated near the Pacific Ocean.
- Dinah tells Laurel that she'll be "home in a flash", to Central City as a reference to Barry Allen, also known as the superhero The Flash, whose home is Central City in the DC comics.
- Portland, Oregon is used for the overview shots utilizing all of the bridges. S.T.A.R. Labs is digitally added in Southwest Portland.
- Central City, like Starling City (now Star City), has almost been destroyed a total of 5 times so far in the series. It was almost destroyed by a tidal wave during "" in an alternate timeline, was again almost destroyed in "", was almost destroyed during "", was almost destroyed again during "" and was finally destroyed completely in an alternate timeline, "". Ironically beating Star City in the many number of times the city has been destroyed.
- The license plates in Central City read "Forever Free".
|Other versions of Central City (Earth-1)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Central City.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 3 • 19 • 27 • 38 • 90 • 203|