On 10 October 2017, Team Flash found a way of opening a portal to the Speed Force which would free The Flash, only for it to open onto a road with Bus 405 needing to abruptly brake right next to it. When Barry ran out the Speed Force, it allowed dark matter particles to consume the bus and turn the twelve passengers on-board into meta-humans. Clifford DeVoe then implemented a plan for three years to find everyone on the bus and steal their powers in an effort to defeat Team Flash, while also bringing about "The Enlightenment".
Known meta-humans created
- Neil Borman/Fallout (deceased)
- Izzy Bowin/The Fiddler (deceased)
- Mina Chaytan/Black Bison (deceased)
- Ramsey Deacon/Kilg%re (deceased)
- Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Edwin Gauss/Folded Man (deceased)
- Matthew Kim/Melting Point (deceased)
- Dominic Lanse/Brainstorm (deceased)
- Janet Petty/Null (deceased)
- Sylbert Rundine/Dwarfstar (deceased)
- Becky Sharpe/Hazard (deceased)
- "The Weeper" (deceased)
- Clifford and Marlize DeVoe designate each bus meta-human with a subject number in accordance with the order of their emergence.
- Edwin Gauss "folded" and vanished into a pocket dimension when the bus was exposed to dark matter. Thus, when Team Flash viewed a heat scan of the bus, they determined that there were twelve people on board. However, it's currently unknown if the driver (who was later found dead in his bathtub from drowning) was affected by the dark matter, which could potentially mean that thirteen meta-humans gained powers on the bus that day.
- Ralph is the only bus meta to have survived DeVoe's scheme.