- "Don't worry about the city, friend. CCPD's finest are on the case."
- —Nora West-Allen to David Singh[src]
The Central City Police Department (CCPD) is the police department of Central City.
- 1 History
- 2 Architecture
- 3 Known members
- 4 Appearances
- 4.1 Arrow
- 4.2 The Flash
- 4.3 Vixen
- 4.4 DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 4.5 Stretched Scene
- 4.6 Supergirl
- 4.7 Comics
- 4.8 The Chronicles of Cisco
- 4.9 Novels
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 References
In late 2012, Barry Allen became a CSI at CCPD. Ralph Dibny was later fired from the CCPD after Barry discovered he was falsifying evidence and committing perjury in a murder case. In 2013, Barry was struck by lightning while in the CCPD laboratory. After a year in a coma, he woke up and became the Flash.
In 2015, Mark Mardon confronted Joe West in the CCPD and once again attempted to kill him with lightning, but he failed and seriously injured Captain Singh. However, he was stopped when The Flash and used the Wizard's Wand on him, but Mardon still managed to escape.
After Zoom had viciously and easily beat Barry, he dragged him here to show the station their fallen hero. They all fired at him, but he caught all the bullets with one hand, told them "nice try" and sped off.
Like on his Earth, Zoom's first move was to instill fear and dread in law enforcement. When Zoom appeared, the officers pulled guns on him and Captain Singh told him not to move, but he fearlessly replied, "or what", and reminded them what happened before when they tried to shoot at him. He told them to obey him or whoever didn't would meet their end. He held Caitlin captive for a little while, but eventually let her go but warned her he'd show her no mercy if she left him.
When Cicada II started killing meta-humans, Team Flash hid them in the CCPD while doing the metagene cure. Then Cicada invaded the CCPD but was defeated. A year later, Esperanza Garcia invaded the CCPD and assaulted several officers while looking for her cousin, but she was defeated by the Flash.
The Central City Police Department is a symmetrical building, divided into five major sections and a lobby overlooking the front street. The outside walls of the building are cream, while the walls inside are white.
Before creating Flashpoint and then reversing it, Barry worked here alone, where he went over meta and non-meta criminal cases he assisted the police with at the scene. Though after reversing Flashpoint, Julian was given a position, he and Barry have shared this lab for over a year. Due to Julian's expertise in meta-humans, Barry wanted to tag along with him on the scene to get to the bottom of a case, but Julian didn't say yes until Barry gave up the whole lab to Julian, but after seeing that he misjudged the Flash, he thought maybe he could be wrong about Barry too and said he could stay.
After getting attacked by Barry's friend, Caitlin, Julian said he wouldn't report her but only if Barry resigned, to which Barry agreed, but during Christmas Julian said he could come back. Since coming back from the Speed Force and Julian returned to London, Barry now has the lab all to himself again. However, after being suspended due to his involvement with the DeVoe case he loses the lab, apparently until Captain Singh was allowed to end Barry's suspension after Iris West did an exposé on Clifford DeVoe on her blog.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash: Season Zero
The Chronicles of Cisco
- In Nora'a 2049, the CCPD has technology akin to force fields to help prevent contamination of evidence; with gloves gone out of use.
Behind the scenes
- The building used for the CCPD is the Vancouver City Hall, located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- The relief has been confirmed by Tyler Harron, head production designer of The Flash, as being an allusion to the Justice League. The seven deities each denote one of the seven members of the Justice League; Hermes is synonymous with the Flash, Zeus with Superman, Hera with Wonder Woman, Hades with Batman, Hephaestus with either Green Lantern or Cyborg, Apollo with Green Arrow. Meanwhile, the words "Truth, Liberty and Justice" reference the heroes Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman, in that order.
- On-Set Scoop: 'The Flash' Has a Justice League Easter Egg Hiding in Plain Sight! - Entertainment Tonight
|Other versions of Central City Police Department|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Central City Police Department.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 3 • 27 • 90|