- "How much do you know about our previous lives? I reckon not a lot because you didn't recognize me, so let me tell you that we did love other men. Loved them real and pure, but it never ended well, not ever. Tragedy or heartbreak; that's how it always ends if the man's not Carter."
- —Chay-Ara's 19th century reincarnation to Kendra Saunders[src]
The woman sat for a picture with her husband, Hannibal, at the County Fair in 1830. Like her other incarnations, she eventually reclaimed her memories and personal feelings from all her respective past lives.
Sometime later, the two of them crossed paths with Vandal Savage in Jefferson City, where they stole Chay-Ara's original bracelet from him. However, they lost it a year later. Hannibal was eventually killed at a young age. While trying to find love again with various men, all admittedly very good people, the woman could never let go of her feelings for Hannibal, leading her to remain alone and bitter, convinced she would never again feel the same joy she once had with her husband.
Living outside of Salvation
The woman eventually came to live in a house some distance outside of the town of Salvation. She was visiting town one day when she accidentally bumped in to her future reincarnation, Kendra Saunders, and quickly retreated. When Kendra later came looking for her with Sara Lance, the woman initially tried to keep her away, but Kendra was able to deduce the woman's identity. They talked of the woman's life with her husband, as well as his future reincarnation Carter Hall. She adamantly voiced her views that they could never find lasting love with any other man besides Khufu's reincarnations.
Powers and abilities
- Reincarnation: The ancient Egyptian knife that killed this woman in her original incarnation as Chay-Ara had an unusual effect on her soul and that of her lover, Khufu. The couple is stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of death and rebirth through the ages. This allowed this woman to deceive death and live through the centuries, succeeding in achieving her goals in the next life. This woman was also able to remember what had happened to her in previous lives.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- This woman is the only incarnation of Chay-Ara to make an appearance on and not be portrayed by Ciara Renée.
- This woman is the only reincarnation of Chay-Ara who does not know if she was killed by Vandal Savage.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Chay-Ara had an Old West reincarnation named Katherine Manser, a legendary hero and bounty hunter known as Cinnamon. She was also married to a man named Hannibal Hawkes.
- In the Arrowverse, Cinnamon is a fictional character portrayed by a unknown actress in the movie Nighthawk & Cinnamon.