Coluans are synthetic lifeforms that hail from the planet of Colu.
Due to their nature, centuries ago Coluans served as computers on Krypton.
Coluans are synthetic lifeforms who are able to transfer bodily into the form of digital code and teleport through compatible technology. They are akin to living computers and, centuries ago, were used as such by Kryptonians. Average Coluans have a "level 8" intelligence.
Culture and technology
Not much is known about Coluans' culture, however they are apparently subdivided in clans, as Indigo is said to be "a member of Brainiac clan". Due to their own cybernetic constitution, they have one of the most advanced (if not the most advanced) levels of technology of the Universe, as they can interact with and understand every existing technological device.
Coluans are green-skinned humanoid beings. Some of them, like Indigo, have claws like blades in their left hands, while others, like Querl Dox, do not. They can have a variation of hair colors. In order to function to their fullest, they only need to remain connected with a network known as the Big Brain. In addition, some have personality inhibitors in the form of circular devices implanted on their body to repress their emotions, effectively turning their skin blue and repressing their connection with the Big Brain.
Powers and abilities
- Cybernetic interface: Coluans are cybernetic beings able to transfer their bodies into the form of digital code and teleport through any technology by flying into it while in digital form. They can use any electronics as a portal to another destination, traveling through electronic and digital signals, though they are unable to travel through older broadcasting systems. They also could teleport only part of their body if they willed it. Coluans can interface with any machinery and manipulate computer systems, as well as detect digital electronics and signals, while they could not do so with older broadcasting signals and technology.
- Super strength: Coluans strength allowed them to fight Kryptonians on equal grounds.
- Super speed: Coluans also showcased blinding levels of speed.
- Invulnerability: A Coluan's body is denser than a human's but not nearly as durable as a Kryptonian's.
- Shapeshifting: Coluans can change their appearance.
- Flight: Coluans are able to fly.
- Self-repair: As digital beings, Coluans are able to self-repair, though only if they are conscious, otherwise power sources such as the Omegahedron can be used to reconstitute them. Their ability to dissolve into digital code also allows them to scatter themselves in minuscule particles and reform themselves at will.
- Multilingual: Coluans are capable of learning to speak other languages very quickly.
- Ancestral memory: Coluans possess full ancestral memory; they remember anything their ancestors remembered, up to the moment of conception, when they became separate beings.
- Extreme electrocution: While not a fatal weakness, it does cause Coluans to "reboot"; the most adverse effects appears to be a green substance coming from their mouths (likely some kind of blood-esque interval fluid) in the process. It also cause a Coluan to lose their emotions.
- Indigo/Brainiac 8
- Querl Dox's ancestors
- When rebooting, Coluans tend to babble random facts and their voice becomes digitally distorted. Both effects last moments, but coherent thought does come back before the voice normalized.