Corto Maltese is a small country located in South America.
After deciding to leave Starling City, Thea Queen went with Malcolm Merlyn to go train in a villa at Corto Maltese near the water. During her stay, Thea went by the alias "Mia". About six months later though, Thea returned home with her brother.
After being rescued from an A.R.G.U.S. facility, Cayden James went to Corto Maltese to hide out. He began working on his plan to destroy Star City, having Alena visit him while there. Cayden eventually left and returned to Star City after discovering Alena betrayed him to Team Arrow.
- Cayden James (returned to the Star City; deceased)
- Floyd Lawton (returned to the United States; deceased)
- Malcolm Merlyn (deceased)
- Thea Queen (returned to Star City)
- Mark Shaw
Arrow: Season 2.5
Arrow: The Dark Archer
Behind the scenes
- "Corto Maltese" is entirely fictional, also appearing in Frank Miller's graphic novel Batman: The Dark Knight Returns as the name of an island at the center of an incident not unlike the Cuban missile crisis. The name was given as a homage to the Italian comic series of the same name. It was later mentioned in the 1989 film Batman and the TV series Smallville.
- The real location of Malcolm's mansion is the Oceanographic Museum, located in Monaco.
|Other versions of Corto Maltese (Earth-1)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Corto Maltese.|
|Earth: 1 • 38|