- "You look so young. And I could kill you right now so easy. What I wouldn't have given? All those times before to have had you like this. So helpless. But fate, it's tricky, isn't it? I come here to destroy you. And then to get home, I have to be the one who creates you. But I will say, it's been an education. Watching you grow up all these years. Science fairs and soccer games. No hint, no sign, no trace of the man you will be one day for whom I have nothing but hate. And to be clear, nothing is forgiven. There will be a reckoning. I promise you, Barry Allen, that you will die."
- —Eobard Thawne speaking to an unconscious Barry Allen[src]
The Crisis of 2019, formerly known as the Crisis of 2024, is a future event and battle that will happen sometime during 2019. It is in that event in which the Flash and his nemesis Reverse-Flash will travel back in time to March 18, 2000, that the aftermath will be the creation of the current timeline, continuing the temporal loop. This event will happen in every timeline, pre-Flashpoint and post-Flashpoint, except the Flashpoint timeline.
In the original timeline, the crisis was supposed to take place on the night of April 25, 2024; however, due to the changes in the timeline that occurred when Team Flash destroyed Cicada's dagger in 2019, the crisis is set to occur earlier, in 2019.
After several encounters with his former idol, Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash learned that the Flash's real name is Bartholomew Henry Allen, better known as Barry Allen. Eobard began to study Barry's life, acquiring knowledge of his parents and loved ones; Nora Allen, Henry Allen, Iris West-Allen and his daughter Nora West-Allen (in which Eobard thought that was named Dawn). When he gained knowledge about everything from Barry's life, Eobard decided the best way to defeat Flash was to murder Barry as a child. However, before he did this, he wanted to have a last encounter with his arch-enemy.
The Reverse-Flash traveled to April 25, 2024 and tried to gain Flash's attention. He gained the attention of the Flash and also from his allies, who were the Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, and The Atom. They started fighting on the streets of Central City causing the most destruction the city had ever seen. The fight also somehow caused the sky to turn a deep crimson color.
At some point during the battle, while Green Arrow yelled in the background, The Flash recorded a message for his daughter Nora to see in the future, knowing he had little time left.
The battle caused several trucks to start leaking their contents onto the streets and caused power outages spread over 20 blocks throughout the city. The Atom left the fight and aided the Central City Police Department in evacuating all the nearby buildings during the power outage. The speedsters then started battling over two overturned tanker trucks, and the lightning emitted from them caused the oil from one of them to ignite. While surrounded by smoke both speedsters had a very heated conversation on an unknown matter, and then the two sped off leaving Green Arrow, the Atom, and Hawkgirl behind. The two then continued their fight up and down an unknown avenue before they vanished in a flash of light.
Unknown to everyone, during the explosion, the Reverse Flash traveled back in time to March 18, 2000 to kill his nemesis as a child (like he planned before). However, the Flash followed his nemesis back through time. The two fought inside the Allen house around Nora Allen, each landing solid hits on the other, but their skills were fairly equal. Eventually, the future Flash proved to be the better of the two. When the 11-year-old Barry came into the room, Nora was in the center of it, surrounded by streaks of yellow and red lightning and caught a brief glimpse of the Reverse Flash's face. During the fight, the Flash saw his younger self from 2015 during his first trip into the past and signaled him not to interfere, because of what would happen to the timeline if he did. As the Reverse Flash moved in for the kill, the future Flash intervened and transported his younger self to safety 20 blocks away, much to the Reverse Flash's outrage. However, Reverse-Flash quickly theorized another way to achieve his goal: to kill Nora and frame Henry Allen for the crime in the hopes that such a tragedy would traumatize Barry enough that he would never achieve his destiny, and Eobard would be free to return to a future without the Flash, so he grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Nora in the heart and fled the scene to return to his own time which he hoped would now be one without the Flash.
After Flashpoint, Savitar killed Iris and continued the loop of his existence, causing Julie Greer to be hired and to replace Iris with writing the article. However, thanks to the efforts of Team Flash that caused Savitar to be erased from existence, Iris's name was once again restored as the author of the article.
According to an article from the Citizen in 2049 that Nora West-Allen presented to Barry, the Flash was still missing 25 years after the Crisis. Roger Hayden/Psycho-Pirate, said that during this crisis, entire worlds lived and died, implying that the Crisis was more than just a fight between the Reverse-Flash and the Flash.
Sometime before 2018, a cosmic entity called Mar Novu saw the future and found out about the crisis happening in 2024. He began testing different Earths throughout the multiverse by bestowing the Book of Destiny to an individual from the earth he was testing, and let him/her create his/her own Elseworlds. One of the Earths he tested was Earth-90, which like many before it, failed.
However, in 2018, Novu tested Earth-1 by bestowing the book to John Deegan. He was genuinely impressed when the heroes of that earth were able to steal the Book Of Destiny, something that had never happened before. He started to respect Earth-1 even more when Oliver Queen came to confront him, in his realm, without any sign of fear, demanding him to change the destiny of Barry Allen and Kara Danvers. Impressed by the heroes of Earth-1, with Queen in particular, Novu gave him the means to save the two, but in exchange for fulfilling whatever the multiverse requires.
In mid-2019, Team Flash, with the help of Nora West-Allen from 2049 and the manipulation of Eobard Thawne, managed to destroy Cicada's lightning dagger. Those actions resulted in many changes to the timeline, including the change of the date of the crisis from 2024 to 2019.
Months later, presumably due to the changes in the timeline, the multiverse required that Oliver Queen help Mar Novu to deal with the much-earlier-than-expected crisis in exchange for saving Barry Allen and Kara Danvers months prior. Around that time, Novu looked into the future and found out that Oliver will die during the crisis. After that, Novu came to pick up Oliver and told him about the multiverse's requirements.
According to the current version of the newspaper that chronicled the Crisis, the event took place within Central City and included the likes of The Flash, Green Arrow, White Canary, Supergirl, Batwoman, and numerous other "legendary heroes" against The Reverse-Flash at midnight.
In a possible future, after his death, Oliver Queen will be buried next to his parents, his tombstone will read that he was a "beloved husband, brother, father and son. Hero of Star City. The Green Arrow". 
- While it is well-documented that Eobard Thawne wasn't able to return to his time period after killing Nora Allen and thus had to spend the next 15 years of his life in the 21st century, the fate of the future Flash that followed him back from 2024 is still unclear after saving his younger self from Thawne.
- The photograph depicting the Flash on the newspaper article shows the Flash's suit in 2024, with a bright red suit with red earpieces and a white outline on the emblem. In an erased future of 2024, the Flash suit's bears a closer resemblance to his fourth suit. However, that future was erased when Team Flash erased Savitar from existence on May 24, 2017.
- In the original time of the Crisis, Meta-humans like the Flash still operated in 2024, despite the Anti-Meta-human Act of 2021, which apparently makes it illegal to even be a meta-human.
Behind the scenes
- Nora West-Allen traveled back to the present day and revealed more about this crisis event by bringing in a newspaper from 2049. This newspaper shows that this crisis event is similar to the comic book event Crisis on Infinite Earths. This is due to the appearance of characters such as Roger Hayden a.k.a Psycho Pirate and shadow demons, both which appeared and played a relatively important role in the DC comic book event.